Chris Mortensen: Eagles Interested in DE Jason Taylor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortensen: Eagles Interested in DE Jason Taylor

eagles fan

Scout Team
Reaction score
Said it on ESPN Radio.

Lito Sheppard for Jason Taylor? That's just my idea.

Taylor's a better player. Sheppard is younger. Would you guys do it?

i would do JT for Ltio and a 3rd. I was hoping for a 2nd rounder for JT and a later rd pick so we would have 3 2nd rnders but lito is a good CB and we can still get a quality player with a 3rd

Yes, I would do that. It addresses an immediate need, with an up and coming younger player. Why is Philly getting rid of him?

Sheppard is worth at least a 2nd round pick so if you think Taylor is worth a 2nd you should be jumping at Taylor for Sheppard. Sheppard is a heck of a lot better player than DeAngelo Hall is and look what Hall got.

He has 4 years left on his deal but wants a new contract. Very good player when healthy but gets nicked up too much. Obviously he has his concerns but when you compare him to the concerns that came with DeAngelo Hall, I think Sheppard has higher trade value. Hall had character concerns and also wanted a huge money new deal. Whatever team trades for Lito will have more leverage in negotiating a new deal since he still has 4 years remaining on his current one.

The only thing I'd question is if you guys really need a CB that bad. Any team could always upgrade at CB but it's probably not one of your top 5 needs.

dude you're high. not likely that the Eagles have to throw in anything more than Sheppard...a 3rd rounder? crazy.

If the deal is straight up, the deal won't be done. You can take that to the bank. Whether or not a 3rd is too much is up for debate. I am not saying Sheppard is not worth Taylor, on the contrary; I just think the Fins won't do it straight up.

If the deal is straight up, the deal won't be done. You can take that to the bank. Whether or not a 3rd is too much is up for debate. I am not saying Sheppard is not worth Taylor, on the contrary; I just think the Fins won't do it straight up.

don't agree. if the best 2 offers they get for Taylor are a 3rd round pick OR Lito.....I would think they'd go with Lito.

not like it matters, crap like this pops up all the time and 95% of the time never amounts to squat.

Back
Top Bottom