Chris Mortenson just reported | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortenson just reported

you guys will love surtain he is worth every penny and you get what you pay for so he aint gonna be cheap :).

It's always been a deadline situation regarding Surtain and the deadline was apparent, April 23. Why should Kansas City or any other team commit early when THEY have the upper hand? Everyone knows our salary cap situation regarding Surtain. The Chiefs are virtually required to explore every possibility thru free agency and other trade options before spending pick(s) in our direction. When there's an early deal these days it's emblematic of ignorance on one side, like Spielman/Feeley last year. It's not like Kansas City has an avalanche of draft picks and only one pressing need, a CB.

Regarding Philip Buchanon, he has even more big play ability than Surtain and always will. But he plays very soft versus the run and freelances too much, even for Raider taste. He might come around, but at this point Surtain is much more dependable.

The same guys who have trade value charts involving draft picks need to understand trade value in this era is dramatically effected by salary cap implications. You can't just say Surtain is superior to Buchanon right now therefore he should fetch more. If there was a similar chart evaluating contract hit in millions, player age, and player ability, I'm sure Buchanon would be worth as much as, if not more, than Patrick Surtain.

This is my first post but I have been a Finheaven fan for about a year now. Trust me when I say that Surtain will be traded for a 2nd and 6th round pick this year. This is not a guess and I know I am going to be ripped up for it, but it will happen. Guaranteed.

Awsi Dooger said:
It's always been a deadline situation regarding Surtain and the deadline was apparent, April 23. Why should Kansas City or any other team commit early when THEY have the upper hand? Everyone knows our salary cap situation regarding Surtain. The Chiefs are virtually required to explore every possibility thru free agency and other trade options before spending pick(s) in our direction. When there's an early deal these days it's emblematic of ignorance on one side, like Spielman/Feeley last year. It's not like Kansas City has an avalanche of draft picks and only one pressing need, a CB.

Regarding Philip Buchanon, he has even more big play ability than Surtain and always will. But he plays very soft versus the run and freelances too much, even for Raider taste. He might come around, but at this point Surtain is much more dependable.

The same guys who have trade value charts involving draft picks need to understand trade value in this era is dramatically effected by salary cap implications. You can't just say Surtain is superior to Buchanon right now therefore he should fetch more. If there was a similar chart evaluating contract hit in millions, player age, and player ability, I'm sure Buchanon would be worth as much as, if not more, than Patrick Surtain.

There is no way on this earth that Buchanan is worth more than Surtain, no matter how many ways you want to spin it. All this salary bull**** can be tossed out the window, because it is irrelevant. Surtain is a true shutdown cornerback with many Pro Bowls under his belt. Buchanan is a young, underachiever. Surtain is worth far more than Buchanan.

KB21 said:
I sure hope it is more than a second round pick.

There is something bad wrong with things if Philip Buchanan draws more in a trade than Patrick Surtain.

We are only asking for a 2nd rounder why would anybody give us more? just for the heck of it? We will be LUCKY to get a 2nd.

eddie4fins said:
We are only asking for a 2nd rounder why would anybody give us more? just for the heck of it? We will be LUCKY to get a 2nd.

no one knows what Miami is asking for. The 2nd rounder is just speculation.

KB21 said:
There is no way on this earth that Buchanan is worth more than Surtain, no matter how many ways you want to spin it. All this salary bull**** can be tossed out the window, because it is irrelevant. Surtain is a true shutdown cornerback with many Pro Bowls under his belt. Buchanan is a young, underachiever. Surtain is worth far more than Buchanan.

If salary cap bull**** is irrelevant, then why are we peddling Surtain in the first place?

KB21 said:

If salary wasnt an issue what was? why didnt Houston make a bid on Pat?
was it Age? was it the knee? was it the money? it had to be something because they were willing to give 2 picks for Buchanan. you would have thought they would have at least given Pat a look.

Jahlove said:
We will get more. We will get a 2nd and a 6th.

You know, I wouldn't bet against you. Something like this, a first and second post with few words and an air of certainty, just smacks of legitimate inside info.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
no one knows what Miami is asking for. The 2nd rounder is just speculation.

I have read several reports that say Miami is asking for a 2nd rounder! nothing more

Awsi Dooger said:
If salary cap bull**** is irrelevant, then why are we peddling Surtain in the first place?

Because he is a trading chip. He's only got one year on his deal left, so the cap hit for trading him will not be high at all. It's the reason he is being shopped as opposed to Sam Madison, who is also worth far more than Buchanan. I wouldn't trade Will Poole straight up for Philip Buchanan at this point.

Nick Saban has repeatedly stated that we don't have to trade Surtain. We have gotten under the cap with his cap number in place, and we will be able to function with his cap number in place in the future.

Keep Surtain!

Screw the Chiefs.

Draft Cadillac Williams and Mark Clayton in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom