Chris Mortenson just reported | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortenson just reported

We can afford to keep Surtain this year and next year, if we have to we can franchise him, THEN trade him if the RIGHT offer comes around.

Surtain's value to our defense is immeasurable. Sorry, but Will Poole/Mario Edwards are not going to take out the opposing team's best receiver week in and week out.

Keep Surtain and move on!

hooserdaddy said:
Chris Mortenson just reported on ESPN that the Chiefs were going to make a decision either tonight or by noon tomorrow on giving up a 2nd rd pick for Surtain. IMO I think they are about to crack!!!

I think were in!!!! Bottom line is K.C. isn't going to get anyone close to the talent at CB as SURTAIN is with a second round pick....

I know this may sound absurd but I'm so pissed at Peterson and the Chiefs that when Peterson called me back to say "I'll give you the second rounder for Surtain", I'd tell him to drop dead...then I'd trade him to the Raiders if I could.

I'm thinking it will happen. KC needs a couple more players for their defense. They would like a pass rushing DE or LB. With their 1st rd pick they could address that. No way will they get a CB of Surtain's caliber in the 2nd rd.
CP has talked about taking a CB with the 1st rd pick, however, I think the quality of the LB's and D-linemen drops off after the 1st rd.
KC would be better served giving the 2nd rounder for Surtain and drafting another defensive position with their 1st pick. That way they fill 2 big holes with quality players

lol Raiders have the same "Problem" they are trying to "unload" a CB with a 10,5 Mio Cap Hit just like Miami.

miamirw said:
We can afford to keep Surtain this year and next year, if we have to we can franchise him, THEN trade him if the RIGHT offer comes around.

Surtain's value to our defense is immeasurable. Sorry, but Will Poole/Mario Edwards are not going to take out the opposing team's best receiver week in and week out.

Keep Surtain and move on!

Don't discount Poole. He was impressive for a rookie and with Sabans coaching he may get even better.

Back
Top Bottom