Chris Simm's #1 DE - Jaelen Phillips | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Simm's #1 DE - Jaelen Phillips

Chris Simms.....Even a broken clock is right twice a day

I don't think Simms was really the focal point.......

Just sayin......
He was from my perspective, the source of any information being cited is always relevant...

Just sayin...

I was on record for Phillips for 18 and as the best DE pre draft over and over. Love the pick. But there's lots of pressure on him, right from the start. We were deficient in pass rushers last year, and lost/ got rid of KVN and Lawson. And we pretty much just added Phillips. So he's got to hit the ground running.
Pressure from the fans is irrelevant.

Flo is smart enough to put him in a position to succeed. He will push him to be the best he can be, but that's different.

It's the pressure he puts on himself that's important. One thing almost all great players have in common is mental toughness.

Van Ginkle isn't an addition but he should get a lot more snaps. I haven't looked at his actual pass rushing statistics but at times he's seemed to be able to at least create a bit of pressure.
Van Ginkle is more of a schemed pass rushing threat kind of guy. He can get to the QB. But he’s not a guy who should be the primary pass rusher. He will hopefully benefit from the addition of Phillips.

Van Ginkle is more of a schemed pass rushing threat kind of guy. He can get to the QB. But he’s not a guy who should be the primary pass rusher. He will hopefully benefit from the addition of Phillips.

Most pass rush is scheme driven, I think if you have one pass rusher like what we hope Phillips is that opens it up a lot more for scheme rushers or slightly above average guys like Van Ginkle.

He's at least shown he can complete those schemed plays.

True to an extent.

I would agree that almost everything in this defense is "scheme".

As to AVG being a primary, or a blitz PR, it really depends on alignment and package.

God I love this defensive philosophy. The downside to it is everyone has to execute assignments without hesitation, at a near perfect level.

So that does it. I washed up QB declaring our new DE is a gem

With Phillips, Van Ginkle and Ogbah, with the LB's we have, we should be able to generate a more consistant pass rush even without blitzing all the time. I hope so anyway...

Back
Top Bottom