CK on NFL Network tonite 6pm | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CK on NFL Network tonite 6pm

i really didn't think burmeister was all that over the top...maybe the interrupting you part was a bit much...what was odd to me is in watching path to the draft every episode that was the first time i've heard anyone on the show actually come out and say the words "documented drug use" on ryan mallett and even moreso use gms as the reference for where it came from...

anyways don't take this the wrong way but the interview was choppy and burmeister gave no real intro into the piece you guys put together and the bottom line...for me at least...was that nothing of any real substance came out of it...i didn't feel any better about mallett before i heard the interview than i do after...i could see where people who didn't know your site or posts with you on this board and others and knew what the subject was would have been like "what the heck was that???" afterwards

i just think nfl network butchered it pretty much

Yeah, it was too bad they basically edited it down to this:

Burmeister: "But scouts and general managers told me this."

CK: "Scouts and general managers lie."

Edited that way it made you sound like a bit like a conspiracy theorist. Without examples to back up the fact that GMs and scouts do lie, even to their "friends," if those friends are in the media, I could see someone getting that impression.

Citing Vontae Davis as an example would have helped somewhat, even though it's a fact that Vontae did drop more than he should have based on "character concerns", whether those concerns were justified or not (in other words, not everyone was lying about not liking him based on that stuff).

I thought you did well, though. I would have been a lot more unnerved than you seemed to be.

I thought you did well CK... I thought that guy doing the interview with you was a lil bit of a ********er though...

I'd say you handled him well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it was too bad they basically edited it down to this:

Burmeister: "But scouts and general managers told me this."

CK: "Scouts and general managers lie."

Edited that way it made you sound like a bit like a conspiracy theorist. Without examples to back up the fact that GMs and scouts do lie, even to their "friends," if those friends are in the media, I could see someone getting that impression.

Citing Vontae Davis as an example would have helped somewhat, even though it's a fact that Vontae did drop more than he should have based on "character concerns", whether those concerns were justified or not (in other words, not everyone was lying about not liking him based on that stuff).

I thought you did well, though. I would have been a lot more unnerved than you seemed to be.

I did cite Vontae and they cut it out. I cited other points as well, they cut out. And you're right because of the direction he took it, it basically came down to "but all the GMs tell me this and that and that" and me saying "you can't trust what they say".

A scout I know recently chimed in. Basic gist of what he said was, I was right on, teams are absolutely not at all forthright about their findings on these players, and he likes that I try and work independent of all that nonsense and develop my own ability to evaluate players and their situations. Said guys in the media like Burmeister and the position he took really tick him off.

I believe I did manage to get the point out there that I really wanted to make, and that was that while we sit here digging and digging and digging for these little morsels of negativity, we're losing something. We're losing all this positive information that is strewn all over Ryan Mallett's history. I drove this point home a couple of times, in the first question and I think I hit on it in another question as well, the gist of it is...stop ignoring the positive in the big picture just because you're so focused on digging and digging and to try and uncover the tiny bits of negative.

Last edited by a moderator:
I showed the clip to a few other people today that aren't members of FinHeaven and have no bias towards CK, and they both thought Burmeister was attacking you in an attempt to make you look like a *******.

I sure hope you get another chance to show how knowledgable you really are with someone who doesn't act like a total douche bag interviewing you.

Downright snobbery from burmeister in that interview.. Never have I seen an interview like that carried out on nfl network let alone path to the draft.. It's clear he hadn't actually read the article, and I very much doubt his "sources" were 100% accurate with him.. Great job CK , even thought the interview was pathetic, you came across well on the screen and stood up to him admirably.

CK, that was great man. Burmeister was a complete douche. The only thing I would say is that I was a little disappointed that you didn't end the interview with J-E-T-S SUCK, SUCK, SUCK! :lol:

Love the part where he says "not on the record, but they have no reason to lie to ME off the record"...without missing a beat you point out the fact it's clearly not off the record. Ummm Burnmeister, you're the GM's message boy, to put out false reports so that Mallett drops, you've done your job....douche! Well done Ck! :hclap:

Very nice, Chris.

Someone needs to tell that guy that "off the record" does not mean what he thinks it means.....

I've read this entire thread and the one question that keeps coming to mind is why was Burmeister so emotional about Mallett? I did a little research and here a few reasons why, maybe he acted so butt sore. He was the QB at Iowa, Mallett originally was a Michigan kid. I know its not OSU/Michigan, but rivals nontheless. Burmeister never got a shot and kind of dislikes the person Mallett is. I think this is far fetched but jealousy is an ugly monster. Iowa has a QB prospect (Stanzi) who isnt getting quite the love Burmeister feels he deserves while Mallett could be a top 10 pick. One of his 'off the record' GM buddies has designs on getting Mallett at a steal pick location and Burmeister is trying to help make sure Malletts available. Or, last but not least, and my favorite reason of all, CK brought the goods, did his own research without inside info and built a strong argument that goes against most of what we hear abour Mallett. Burmeister isnt a HOF player, has very little name recognition and if FH's own top notch prospect evaluator came in and laid the wood to what every other talking head is saying and proves it with facts, good ol' Burmy might go the way of the dinosaurs! Great work CK. I come to FH and read everything you write. Learned more from you in my few months here then I have from dvr'ing hours of programs on ESPN and NFLN. thanks for all the hard work, my man!

Personally I think it's a combination of things. The last thing you hit on, I think that's right on inasmuch as he's thinking "I'm Paul Burmeister, and I'm sitting right now to Mike Mayock who is as talented and well-connected as anyone in this business, and if Mike Mayock says that the scouts and GMs hate him...who is this dweeb from a lowly draft site to tell me different?"

Personally I think it's a combination of things. The last thing you hit on, I think that's right on inasmuch as he's thinking "I'm Paul Burmeister, and I'm sitting right now to Mike Mayock who is as talented and well-connected as anyone in this business, and if Mike Mayock says that the scouts and GMs hate him...who is this dweeb from a lowly draft site to tell me different?"
Did you catch Mayock seemingly distancing himself from Burmeister last night on Path ? Said something to the effect that he didn't know about drug use. He was kinda muttering.

Apparently someone remembered to tell her!

2vmukwh-1.jpg

Can I use this in my sig? LOL. It's too damn awesome not to.

Back
Top Bottom