CKParrot: Hickey responsible for hard questions at the NFL Combine. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CKParrot: Hickey responsible for hard questions at the NFL Combine.

Fwiw I was very happy that we hired an outsider instead of Gaine and gave him authority over the roster. Winning is a team effort, so I also have no problem Ross picking a guy who knows and can work with Coach Philbin. Nothing wrong with that in my mind. I was also impressed with his intro interview today--seems like a sharp guy who can work with the players and the staff. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt through free agency and the draft to see what he's got. He does have a pretty good track record in finding playmakers, especially RB's and WR's, two areas we def need more talent. I think Ross will spend really big in FA on oline, LB and hopefully locking down Grimes long term, and hope this guy gets us some offensive playmakers. Eric Ebron if he's there.

Well Marino had questions about cocaine use and he turned out to be a pretty good pickup for us.

Colt Lyerla come on down, buddy.

The Rolle question was a very fair question that frankly should have been anticipated and responded to sincerely. This question was neither inappropriate, insensitive nor "hard". It was simply a "character" / "hindsight" question that should have been easily answered.

I didn't read all the responses on this thread so forgive me if this has been said... there is a BIG difference between "hard" questions and "inappropriate" questions. Hard questions are necessary when a team is looking to invest in a player. Same thing I would expect in a job interview.

Agreed. What he asked Rolle wasn't inappropriate at all. It was relevant and it was a good question to ask. Now, the guy driving the clown car here before Hickey.....the Dez Bryant Mom question, now that's another story.

The Rolle question was a very fair question that frankly should have been anticipated and responded to sincerely. This question was neither inappropriate, insensitive nor "hard". It was simply a "character" / "hindsight" question that should have been easily answered.

I have no qualms about the Myron Rolle question. But if he was the guy who was asking Nick Kasa and others if they were queer, well, the NFL was not happy about that and it was a bit of a scandal.

And again, I have absolutely NO evidence that he ever asked anyone that. And I don't think that it's going to be an issue anyway.

yeah. tbh, a person's sexuality should really have no bearing on their performance on the field. we've discovered several former players were gay and it did nothing to hurt their careers. So yeah why hurt the reputation of your team on a bit of information that means nothing?
When you are investing millions and years on a guy nothing is off limits

Colt Lyerla's quitting the Oregon Ducks is probably going to take a pretty severe backseat in the interview process to questions pertaining to his history of cocaine use.

He never used cocaine. That is just a bunch of nonsense that is being made up by GM's and other people in NFL organizations to knock his draft stock down so that they can select him themselves. Its the time of year when GMs purposely feed media members misinformation. They know that even stuff they say off the record will eventually wind up on the air. Trust me.

He never used cocaine. That is just a bunch of nonsense that is being made up by GM's and other people in NFL organizations to knock his draft stock down so that they can select him themselves. Its the time of year when GMs purposely feed media members misinformation. They know that even stuff they say off the record will eventually wind up on the air. Trust me.

Ryan Mallet?

Good point.

So have any of you heard anything that gives you pause about Hickey? Treatment of others, radical views, competence in managing a draft, etc etc? I think it is fair to ask this question. Do you trust the Dolphins right now? I am a fan of over 40 years and I struggle with that. My best answer right now is probably not.

So you're saying someone is going to draft Colt Lyerla?

Back
Top Bottom