CKParrot: Hickey responsible for hard questions at the NFL Combine. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CKParrot: Hickey responsible for hard questions at the NFL Combine.

I don't honestly have much of a problem with the question Hickey asked of Myron Rolle. A dick-ish thing to ask, I question a bit the point in asking it as I don't particularly see the value in making a fool out of yourself as a means of discovering something about a player's personality. I think there are better ways to go about it. It reminds me of when the Dolphins had this bright idea that they were going to discover something useful in quarterback prospects by having Brian Daboll burst into the room jawing and acting like a diva wide receiver, to see how the quarterback prospect would handle him.

CK...is it true you turned down the Fins GM position?

I don't honestly have much of a problem with the question Hickey asked of Myron Rolle. A dick-ish thing to ask, I question a bit the point in asking it as I don't particularly see the value in making a fool out of yourself as a means of discovering something about a player's personality. I think there are better ways to go about it. It reminds me of when the Dolphins had this bright idea that they were going to discover something useful in quarterback prospects by having Brian Daboll burst into the room jawing and acting like a diva wide receiver, to see how the quarterback prospect would handle him.
yeah. tbh, a person's sexuality should really have no bearing on their performance on the field. we've discovered several former players were gay and it did nothing to hurt their careers. So yeah why hurt the reputation of your team on a bit of information that means nothing?

Lol, it would be hilarious if we managed to hire the one GM who is actually more incompetent and insensitive than Ireland when it comes to draft interviews.

I find it weird how the "whore" question got attached to Ireland's name so quickly while the identity if the "gay" question asker never was revealed. Ireland must've really rubbed media the wrong way

Need sensitivity training for the men coming in now days. Because the players being drafted have been coddled since birth. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Are you ****ing serious?:rolleyes2:

Here we go with the rumors about the GM.....its been what, 2 days?

Need sensitivity training for the men coming in now days. Because the players being drafted have been coddled since birth. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Are you ****ing serious?:rolleyes2:

It's about professionalism and treating people with dignity. I understand that football is a different kind of gig, but a certain amount of respect should still be applied to potential employees.

If a person doesn't feel respected, why would they want to be part of your organization?

CK at first I was like who the hell and why did we hire Hickey??

As my initial, this franchise is so defunct feeling subsided I am beginning to look at this a different way. Diversity on a team usually makes the team strong but sometimes there is just so much dissimilarity between two people it is never going to work. I am beginning to wonder if that was the case with Philbin and Ireland, I wonder if they were just so dissimilar that it was doomed to fail?

and then I ask myself, maybe Hickey isn't the most qualified or wasn't the first choice but is better by default if he actually can work in tandem with Joe rather than one his own agenda? I would think that two people less qualified who share common goals are always going to thrive better than two more qualified people pushing agendas against each other.

I'm not going to defend the Hickey hire but I have decided I will give the man at least until after this draft and free agency to pass initial judgment.

It's about professionalism and treating people with dignity. I understand that football is a different kind of gig, but a certain amount of respect should still be applied to potential employees.

If a person doesn't feel respected, why would they want to be part of your organization?

If a person quit on a team and you are hiring them based on a team environment, the question is 100% applicable and I'd ask the same question myself.

again nothing wrong with that question...the player in fact did quit on his team...you dont think colt lyeria is gonna get the same question in interviews from teams??? like hell he isnt...probably nothing gets guys stock shot more than quitting on your team...shows a lack of commitment etc to your craft that you want to make your living at...

in rolles case being a scholar was the right call cause he was not a very good pro prospect...whats to say you draft that guy he decides to go mary poppins on you again and quit...those are the kind of questions that deserve answers...and if he's interviewing for a job that requires commitment and accountability and they want to know how much he loves the game etc so be it...

nothing to see here...just a dig attempt at the new gm or at least it can come across as one...now ireland with the dez bryant question that's different...it has no bearing on him as a player or his commitment

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is kinda interesting considering they probably asked mike Williams the same question yet still drafted him in the 4th round. I can't help but feel this sentiment of being insensitive is moot. It's a valid question.

CK at first I was like who the hell and why did we hire Hickey??

As my initial, this franchise is so defunct feeling subsided I am beginning to look at this a different way. Diversity on a team usually makes the team strong but sometimes there is just so much dissimilarity between two people it is never going to work. I am beginning to wonder if that was the case with Philbin and Ireland, I wonder if they were just so dissimilar that it was doomed to fail?

and then I ask myself, maybe Hickey isn't the most qualified or wasn't the first choice but is better by default if he actually can work in tandem with Joe rather than one his own agenda? I would think that two people less qualified who share common goals are always going to thrive better than two more qualified people pushing agendas against each other.

I'm not going to defend the Hickey hire but I have decided I will give the man at least until after this draft and free agency to pass initial judgment.

If a person quit on a team and you are hiring them based on a team environment, the question is 100% applicable and I'd ask the same question myself.
after the whole martin fiasco, asking how someone felt about quitting their team seems like a very valid question to me.

Oprah and Dr. Phil would be proud on how you worded your response. Now if only the opposing teams could be so....sensitive.

again nothing wrong with that question...the player in fact did quit on his team...you dont think colt lyeria is gonna get the same question in interviews from teams??? like hell he isnt...probably nothing gets guys stock shot more than quitting on your team...shows a lack of commitment etc to your craft that you want to make your living at...

This is the one I'm really keen to see… will it be like Tony Mandarich where he went nuts on his body after leaving MSU in prep for the draft - granted he was well juiced. If Lyerla does show the freakish talent has gotten more freaky in his prep for the combine/pro day, then I don't think it will be that much of a question, in fact, probably the other way around as he has in fact made the commitment to being a great pro. A bit of spin, I know.

I'm really curious on Lyerla as I see the potential for a Gronk/Hernandez hybrid with his stretch the field ability, attacking the ball, and his backfield experience. If he's gotten his head on straight and is physically on the mark and shows the football smarts… I'd pull a Cleveland with Josh Gordon and spend a 3rd rounder on him [granted Gordon was in the Supplemental]

Sorry… off topic I know.

Back
Top Bottom