Clarett & Williams could be out! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clarett & Williams could be out!

This looks a lot like the court just giving the NFL a chance to make their case for a stay before the draft to make their impartiality clear. I don't see a stay happening because the impact on the players really would be rather grave. We'll see, though.

big question is if after they are ruled ineligible for draft can they sign as free agents or will they still have to sit out a year more. talk about being screwed if the nfl wins and all they can do is go to class on their dime. or what about cfl for a year or two.

They'll still be eligible for the draft. Even if the court rules in the NFL's favor it will probably affect players the year after.

There for a second, I thought you were talking about if a stay got issued. For those curious about that scenario, there would be a supplemental draft if there was a stay and then a ruling that the NFL polilcy cannot stand.

In the case you're talking about, I am sure the NFL would want them to be required to go into the draft. I would have to think that the CBA makes that required, too.

Originally posted by finsfan4life
They'll still be eligible for the draft. Even if the court rules in the NFL's favor it will probably affect players the year after.

Take it for what it's worth but that's what Drew said Sunday night.

According to reports, the stay may effect Williams's and Clarett's eligibility this year.

If it does, their only choice is to do what Tammarick Vanover did and go to the CFL unless the NCAA makes a ruling that those two can regain their college eligibility.

They can't sign in the NFL as free agents. They have to go through the draft process before they can sign as a free agent.

Mike Williams and Maurice Clarett have hired agents, so if they are ruled ineligible, they probably won't be able to play College Football. Since the ruling will come before the draft, the NFL could keep them out of this draft.

let them in so the NFL can make an example of them why you shouldn't come out early as a freshman or sophmore

I have to say that I'm firmly in the camp that believes this rule is dumb and should go away. If a guy thinks he can go from HS to the NFL, why not let him try? If he succeeds, then he has proven he can. If he fails, he has proven he cannot. If the teams decide not to give him a shot, then he can go away and come back at another time after he plays CFL or something.

This rule is a big part of what makes college football such a corrupt entity. I really wish we could either just admit that college is a farm system for the NFL and pay the players or get rid of the scholarship system that enables this crock to continue. I know neither is going to happen because the right people are getting their bread buttered, but that doesn't make it right...

YES THATS TRU I HATE CLARETT HE SUCKS, HE IS NOT AN NFL PLAYER HE WONT GET ANY STARTING JOB ANY WHERE. ALSO WILLIAMS I THINK HE IS OK HE MIGHT BE THE NEXT EMMITH SMITH I THNIK.

Originally posted by Amars
let them in so the NFL can make an example of them why you shouldn't come out early as a freshman or sophmore
Guess you do not know that Ed James was only a couple of months older than Clarett is now when he was drafted. Also Terrell Suggs is days older.

Just my 2 cents. The NFL can once again huff and puff all they want. You cannot stop an adult from earning a living and that is what they are trying to do.

This has everything to do with a free minor league system the NFL gets out of college.

could the nfl change it to a minimum age. you have to be 36 or older to be president. how about you must have turned at least 20 yrs old by start of regular season? or maybe 21. either way.

Back
Top Bottom