Clark Judge: Pouncey Is Best AFC Center and Major Pro Bowl Snub! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clark Judge: Pouncey Is Best AFC Center and Major Pro Bowl Snub!

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I agree, he was robbed...but of course the whole process is questionable and objectionable when you got guys running on fumes like recently benched Jeff Saturday being named.

Mike Pouncey, C, Miami -- Maybe you didn't see a lot of Miami Dolphins games this season. I know I didn't. But, when I did, I always watched Pouncey and marveled how he played.

One of the reasons Ryan Tannehill progressed as a rookie was because of the help around him, and I'm talking about a reliable center like Pouncey. He had a better year than his brother, Maurkice, yet big brother made it, and Mike did not. Not only was Mike the better center in the Pouncey family this season; he was the best center in the AFC, period. Ignoring him only fuels the argument that guys get here by reputation because, in this case, that's exactly what happened.

Pro Bowl Snubs? You Can Start With THESE Guys!

They're always a year or two behind on Pro Bowl picks, so I'm guessing he'll be in next year. I also think he had a stellar year. A flashback to Dwight Stephenson :)

I agree, he was robbed...but of course the whole process is questionable and objectionable when you got guys running on fumes like recently benched Jeff Saturday being named.

Pro Bowl Snubs? You Can Start With THESE Guys!

Saturday was easily the biggest joke as a probowler but everyone has an opinion on who is the best center. AFC this year it was prob between our pouncey and Chris Myers but im sure .
Alex mack and Mangold were banged up and u had Maurice moving along the line at Pitt. Chris Myers is well respected and has blocked for alot of 1000 yard rushers as well as preotecting a damn good qb. Those are the things that get u noticed.

His brother made it because he plays for the Steelers, and the Steelers are one of the teams the nation collectively sucks off at every turn. Period. Mike had a fantastic year, and he deserves to be there. Just more proof that the Pro Bowl is nothing but a popularity contest- not just popularity of the player, but popularity of the team that player plays for. Jeff Saturday somehow making it is another perfect example of this.

Ostensibly, the fact that the Chiefs had 5 players make it with a 2-13 record while only one player on the 7-8 Dolphins makes it tells me that a Joe Philbin should be coach of the year and Romeo Crennel should be fired.

The fact that the Chiefs had 5 players make it with a 2-13 record while only one player on the 7-8 Dolphins makes it tells me that a Joe Philbin should be coach of the year and Romeo Crennel should be fired.

Well part 2 is definately true, Bruce Arians in my opinion did the best job turning a 1-15 team into a playoff team and he had to take over for the head coach.
Mike Shanahan deserves consideration, Pete Carrol, Mike Smith, Jim Harbaugh

Yesterday, they showed Mike on the picture collage for the pro Bowl for their Facebook page. I thought he had made it until I saw it was Maurkice. Junk.

The Pouncey brothers are the 1-2 best centers in the entire NFL (in either order). I think big bro made it because, when Pit got beat up on the OLine, he volunteered to play guard and owned it for a few weeks.

Well part 2 is definately true, Bruce Arians in my opinion did the best job turning a 1-15 team into a playoff team and he had to take over for the head coach.
Mike Shanahan deserves consideration, Pete Carrol, Mike Smith, Jim Harbaugh

I agree with you, however, of the other coaches you mention, Philbin is the only FIRST-YEAR head coach. Throw in the fact that he has a rookie QB and I think he should get some serious consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pouncey brothers are the 1-2 best centers in the entire NFL (in either order). I think big bro made it because, when Pit got beat up on the OLine, he volunteered to play guard and owned it for a few weeks.

Personally I dont think either is the best center in the NFL both are very good but Maurice made a rep the year Pitt went to superbowl.
I actually agree with Chris Myers as the best center in the league. There are also alot of good centers in the NFC

Also Mike is the big bro, he is actually one minute older lol

Maurkice is above average. Mike is elite. Big disparity between the two.

if your team struggles to score a TD every game then you are not considered the best even if you are...

if your team struggles to score a TD every game then you are not considered the best even if you are...

Miami scored 31 TDs and 288 total points while the Chiefs scored 18 TDs and 208 total points. So ... there's that.

Back
Top Bottom