Clayton: Feeley to start, Jay to back up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clayton: Feeley to start, Jay to back up

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Watching Pre-draft on ESPN, he was talking about QB's. Said Cowboys found their future franchise QB in Henson, said Redskins have the 1 2 punch with Brunelle and Rammsey that they ned. Their still high on Ramsey's , thought Gibbs may have ruined his career mentally, lol.

Also said we scrammbled and reached for Feeley...ugh, hate to hear that from pinhead, but he's right.

Leftwhich, Grossman, Palmer, and Boller will start this year.

He didn't say Miami reached for Feeley. He said Miami scrambled because Brunell was out and Ramsey wasn't available. He said that in the evaluation process, Feeley was the best guy for the Dolphins.

He said nothing about Miami reaching for Miami. That is you trying to interject your own feelings.

"brunelle was Gone and Rammsey wasn't available, so miami scrammbled and reached for 3RD (he empasized that 3rd) stringer AJ feeley. They did 2 years of research on him comparing his history to how....and continued, he said we "reached' for a THIRD stringer.

Ok... did anyone else see it? Kind of like a tie-breaker of sorts...

on whether he said we 'reached' or not.

Who friggen cares what he said. We all know the situation here.

Yeah it really doesn't matter what any "analyst" thinks about the move anymore, what's done is done. All we can do now is sit and wait and hopefully see Feeley do well or fail miserably. Then after we can give praise or complain about it some more :D. Btw...I think Leftwich will be a star in this league.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was also two weeks after news came out that Rivers would be going alot earlier than first thought that we dealt for Feeley. When Rivers was expected to go to us at 20 overall you didnt hear much else about anything, then the All Star game and combine and he moves way up to spot 10 (expectation wise) and two weeks later we trade for Feeley.

I do not care if he was 3rd string Arena league, he will provide needed competition at the QB position.

Somewhere along the line, all of these journalists actually believe that they are football people. Somehow they think that they know as much as people who are employed to coach or run a football team.

I like John Clayton, but I wish he would stick to REPORTING the news rather than trying to make it up.

Frankly, I don't care what John Clayton thinks about any NFL player. I'd like him to report what other people think.

Originally posted by Surferosa
Who friggen cares what he said. We all know the situation here.

yeah, that we reached,...... right guys? :confused:

Originally posted by Oboy
Ok... did anyone else see it? Kind of like a tie-breaker of sorts...

on whether he said we 'reached' or not.

And the Tiebreaker is:

Clayton said "After scrambling because Brunell was out and Ramsey wasn't available, Miami reached a decision for Feeley."

Does that settle it guys?

We "reached" for a QB with a lot of potential and upside.

We "reached" for a QB with 2005 2nd rd pick (equal to 2004 3rd rd in value), thus saving our 1st round pick for 2004 to take BPA, and further help in other needed areas.

We "reached" for a QB who can start this year, right away, at a potentially high level (as experienced back-ups can do), unlike a ROOKIE QB who must sit out a whole year (or struggle in first year).

We "reached" for a guy who has just a good a shot at becoming good/great QB as a rookie (Rivers/Losman/etc). See--Hasselbeck/Brady/Green/Bulger/etc. And did I mention we saved the 1st round pick in the process to help other areas as well???

Yeah, I guess we "reached". :lol:
Nice "reach" Rick....

We'd have to "hope for the best" with a rookie too.....

*ASSUMING* Rivers would drop to #20........or blow a bunch of picks moving up 10 spots to get him.

No thank you........

I'll "hope for the best" with Feeley *AND* a solid 1st rd pick to help improve other areas.

Again, nice "reach" Rick...

Back
Top Bottom