Clayton: Most interesting team so far? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clayton: Most interesting team so far?

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

yes, I have been to Chicago....twice. I like the downtown area, but beyond the outskirts, it's all trash IMO....

The Bears fans???...Oh yes, I know all about them. For the most part, they are egotistical jerks IMO. They think they're sh*t doesn't stink, and have been known to be a very critical group of their Bears over the last decade of losing....

He chose the Bears over the Phinz because he didn't like Miami, or the thought of bringing up a <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=family&v=55">family</a> in S. <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=Florida&v=55">Florida</a>. Nothing more. The contract was there, but his heart wasn't. Now instead of basking in the sunshine, he'll freeze his a$$ off....

she'll be filing for divorce!!!....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:fire:

I doubt it, KC is no summer place either....it's just as cold sometimes.

Originally posted by Dolfan954

OMG...please. The sky is falling! Posts like these are ridiculous. :rolleyes:

We're not even an entire week into free agency and you're screaming gloom and doom. Rick already brought Woody and Tait in. They walked. If the player doesn't want to sign, what is Rick supposed to do, hold them hostage? He did the best he could, and ultimately, it's the player's decision where he wants to play.

So yeah, Rick doesn't know what the hell he's doing. He gutted almost the entire OL, and he doesn't realize that we need more lineman to fill the void. I guess he'll just close his eyes for the rest of the FA period and draft day and just randomnly select names out of a hat. We're doomed. :rolleyes:

He probably knows what he wants to do, but for whatever reason, it's not getting done. Where are now? No Woody, No Tait, No McIntosh. Are we going to get the 5th, 6th, 7th best lineman? Will they be good enough? The sky may not be falling but it sure is getting foggy outside.

Many posts above are ridiculous. Let's look at the facts!!

Woody - never left Detroit. We had an offer on the table, but he chose the Lions. Reportedly, the Lions coaching staff was bad mouthing our staff to Woody. If I thought that there was a possibility that my future bosses’ job was unstable, I too might opt for a different job with more stability in upper management. Our FO is not to blame!

Tait - visited Miami, but he felt more "comfortable" in Chicago. Maybe he felt more at home in Chicago. One thing is for sure - he did not like the lifestyle in Miami. Our FO is not to blame!

McIntosh - we signed him. HE FAILED his physical!! Our FO is not to blame!

I, for one, commend the FO for not "breaking the bank" on Woody and Tait. RS has brought us from "Cap Hell (18 Million OVER) to well under the Salary Cap. He has brought in a Philosophy that we will not overspend anymore! We will be aggressive in FA, but we will not mortgage our future for one player.

Fellow Fin Fans, the FA signing period is only 5 DAYS OLD. Sit back and relax - we will be fine! Besides, what can any of us truly do besides piss and moan about it here.

Why let things bother you that you have no control over?

Originally posted by BigFinFan
I, for one, commend the FO for not &quot;breaking the bank&quot; on Woody and Tait. We will be aggressive in FA, but we will not mortgage our future for one player.

Fellow Fin Fans, the FA signing period is only 5 DAYS OLD

Well, you get what you pay for. Woody and Tait were two of the best FA OLman available this off-season. The teams who spent the $$$ for them, will get what they paid for....

The FA period five days old, and about 10 OLman shorter. We've signed one, and lost out on everyone else....

PHINZ RULE!!!:evil:

Originally posted by SMadison29
We should be the team listed as feeling the most jilted. We got jilted by two of the top lineman in the league.

That should come as no surprise.

Your ex-QB, who made jillions of $$ off your team, jilted you.

The rest of the NFL is just following his footsteps. Atleast in this matter he is leading the rest of the NFL !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess the only person who sticks with the Fins through thick and thin is Wanny ... I suppose you guys are just too damn lucky

:lol: :evil:

Well, you get what you pay for. Woody and Tait were two of the best FA OLman available this off-season. The teams who spent the $$$ for them, will get what they paid for....

The FA period five days old, and about 10 OLman shorter. We've signed one, and lost out on everyone else....

Isn't Woody coming off of a knee injury? Is he 100%??

McIntoch has failed the ankle test.

Did the Pats sign a "Marquee" player in either of their SB years? They use the same philosophy of not breaking the bank on one player.

I guess if you were the GM, we would have Tait and Woody. NOTHING ELSE, but we would have those two! Maybe we could go to a two man line - just hope we don't ever have to go the shotgun!

That's not always true, sometimes it's the system that makes a player, put in another situation you may get different results. The price those teams paid is not larger than what we paid. so you can't blame our FO for a player not wanting to be here period.
If a player doesn't want to be here, I prefer him stay away. Our FO went after these players and offer, I consider rediculous prices for them...Would you tie up 11 mil of your cap on one person when you have 4 OL to sign? Taits straight choose to be in Chicago, he had the same money here, plus no state taxes. That's defintely a "I used the dolphins to get the deal I wanted in Chicago move". We were vulerable to players who may have wanted to play somewhere else but knew we needed an OL. Woody money is redicuous...so bottom line what is your beef. you can't make a player play here, and if you have to pay a 15 mil figure to get him to stay is it really worth it. You need more than one player to be a championship team period.

Originally posted by BigFinFan
Many posts above are ridiculous. Let's look at the facts!!

You're merging the facts of FA we lost with your opinion on why these FA did'nt sign here, that by definition makes your statements not facts but OPINIONS!

Woody - never left Detroit. We had an offer on the table, but he chose the Lions. Reportedly, the Lions coaching staff was bad mouthing our staff to Woody. If I thought that there was a possibility that my future bosses’ job was unstable, I too might opt for a different job with more stability in upper management. Our FO is not to blame!

The fact that another team could successfully use the tactic of bad mouthing the Fins upper mgmt and coaching is a sign that it may in fact be a weakness does it not? So yes in that aspect you can in fact place some of the blame on the FO and coaching staff.
They have painted the picture of themselves that other teams are obviously now taking advantage of in recruiting. The fact that Rick or Wanny could not overcome that argument enough for the guy to even come down here and check it out for himself is a bad sign about the negotiating skills either of these two posses.

Tait - visited Miami, but he felt more &quot;comfortable&quot; in Chicago. Maybe he felt more at home in Chicago. One thing is for sure - he did not like the lifestyle in Miami. Our FO is not to blame!

Good point but an organizations coaching staff and FO have a lot to do with where a FA goes. Don't believe me? Take a look at college recruiting where a good recruiter can change the mind of a top recruit that has had a verbal commitment to another school for months. That's no mistake. A coach and GM should be able to paint a very enticing picture of where a team is heading and how the player they want will get them over the top. Especially the Dolphin's organization that has always been on the wish list of many FA's. There are some pretty strong signs to show that these guys are not capable of impressing these top "recruits" enough to make them feelthat Miami is the place to be. Maybe it was just that his wife wanted to live in Chicago. I can see the possibility. It isn't the only possibility however and you have to admit the possibility that Tait just wasn't impressed with what he saw about this team is possible as well. So it could be the FO fault.

McIntosh - we signed him. HE FAILED his physical!! Our FO is not to blame!

This one to me is the most troubling sign that something may be very wrong with the guys running the show in Finland.
If in fact the Dolphin brass are so immersed in research on people to bring in and help this team don't you think they would have at least known of a possible health problem with McIntosh???
Don't you think it would have come up somewhere BEFORE making a final decision that he is your guy, writing up a contract and scheduling a public press conference? This last situation has circus show written all over it.

Look I'm not dropping the hammer down and saying the FO is definitely screwing things up and doing a bad job. I am saying however that a lot of things that have happened are deservedly starting questions about the effectiveness of the Fins upper mgmt. team. We don't know either way yet for sure.
The FO could be doing a good job or it could be stinking up the joint. We'll see. Until we do however, neither side can definitively decide it's not the FO fault or is the FO fault until more information comes out.

&quot;Interesting&quot;???

Interesting because nobody knows what the hell is going on down here!!!. That's my take on Clayton's article. It has nothing to do with the players we've added. We're out in the desert with no mirage in sight....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Did youy see the part where he said [not in exact words tho] that we over paid for Howard. He mentioned 3 players that were looking in the 2mil/yr range and they all get 21mil PLUS 4+ mil bonuses for 6 yrs ??!! Sounds like someone didn't do their homework very well on this one. If this keeps up, my 2 yr window for rS will be out the window!! :yell:

Back
Top Bottom