clemens a yankee... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

clemens a yankee...

Are you kidding me?

1. The Yankees bullpen is the worst in the league because it is way over-worked. Look at how many appearences guys have made, it's ridiculous. If the Yankees bullpen was on regular rest like most other teams in baseball, they would be considered a good bullpen. With guys as over-worked as they have been, it's unfair to say their the worst bullpen when a guys pitching a long inning after pitching 3 out of the last 4 days!

2. All the Yankees need out of their starters is 6 innings. They don't need a complete game shutout, they need someone who can hold a lead when they score 11 runs, which Clemens and Moose can do. You know how many times the Yankees starters have blown them out of a game early this season and they still came back to make things interesting? A lot more then you know. Look at how many runs Igawa has blown for the Yankees. Look at Friday and the game he pitched against Tampa Bay 2 weeks ago. You think Roger and Moose are blowing 5 run leads? Not a chance in the world. Look at how well the Yankees have played this week with their top 3 healthy and their bullpen getting rest. I hate to break the news to you bro, but the Yankees were going to be in the hunt without Roger and now with him, their one of the better rotations in baseball 1 thru 4. That allows the Yankees to set their bullpen the way they want and won't force them to put in guys like Bean who make things worse and give the bats no chances to get back in the game!

They have no Bullpen, spin it how ever you want, Cashman did a horrible job this year, and don't even get me started on your bench!:err:

Getting Clemens does not solve the bullpen problems, he won't last long in games!

Are you kidding me?

1. The Yankees bullpen is the worst in the league because it is way over-worked. Look at how many appearences guys have made, it's ridiculous. If the Yankees bullpen was on regular rest like most other teams in baseball, they would be considered a good bullpen. With guys as over-worked as they have been, it's unfair to say their the worst bullpen when a guys pitching a long inning after pitching 3 out of the last 4 days!

2. All the Yankees need out of their starters is 6 innings. They don't need a complete game shutout, they need someone who can hold a lead when they score 11 runs, which Clemens and Moose can do. You know how many times the Yankees starters have blown them out of a game early this season and they still came back to make things interesting? A lot more then you know. Look at how many runs Igawa has blown for the Yankees. Look at Friday and the game he pitched against Tampa Bay 2 weeks ago. You think Roger and Moose are blowing 5 run leads? Not a chance in the world. Look at how well the Yankees have played this week with their top 3 healthy and their bullpen getting rest. I hate to break the news to you bro, but the Yankees were going to be in the hunt without Roger and now with him, their one of the better rotations in baseball 1 thru 4. That allows the Yankees to set their bullpen the way they want and won't force them to put in guys like Bean who make things worse and give the bats no chances to get back in the game!

NY needs more than 6 innings out of 2/5 of their starters at least on a regular basis. What, do you think that having the bullpen get 12+ outs a game, all season, won't tire them out even more? Are you kidding me?

You think Clemens or Moose won't ever blow 5 run leads?? What if they give up 5 runs in the first couple of innings, then what? Or do you not think that will happen either?

W/o or w/o Roger we were coming back this year and as of now we are only 5 games despite how badly we have played. The rotation was getting healthier anyway and our big 3 pitched very well this week. Getting Roger is just a bonus and hopefulyl Hughes will be back as our #5 then we won't have any weak pitchers in the rotation.

I never said the Yankees were dead yet. I've been saying they're far from out of it.

But the question was are the Red Sox worried now the Yankees have Clemens, and my answer is no. Sure Clemens is better than the other pitchers like Wright/Igawa/Rasner etc however he hasn't pitched in the AL in 4 years and he didn't even average 6 innings of work in the NL last year.

This whole "Clemens is going to save the Yankees season" is a little much, as is the whole "Welcome home Roger" crap the media, announcers and fans have been saying for the past 24 hours but that's a whole different argument. He's is no doubt going to help but he's not going to be that season changer or X-factor the fans think he will be.

Mike and Mike should maybe brush up on some things. He isn't a part time player like in Houston. Granted he won't start till June, but unlike in Houston he will be making road trips. He won't be flying home inbetween starts. He will be with the team full time!

And of course its desperate times and desperate measures. The Yanks have no healthy pitchers. Everyone is either out, injured, or like Igawa a bust. So what, your supposed to give up on the season the first week in May?????? No, you go out and try to improve!

If you really think that were the case why does he have the same travel deals in his Yankee contract that he did in the Astros' ones in the past?

That's a pretty naive statement to make, but no use going back and forth about it, we'll see if Clemens makes those July or August road trips to KC, Cleveland, Detroit or LA if he doesn't have too.

If you really think that were the case why does he have the same travel deals in his Yankee contract that he did in the Astros' ones in the past?

That's a pretty naive statement to make, but no use going back and forth about it, we'll see if Clemens makes those July or August road trips to KC, Cleveland, Detroit or LA if he doesn't have too.

having it and using it are 2 different things. If the Yanks are done come August then yeah he might take advantage of those luxery's in his contract. If they are in the race I don't think he will.

And at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Team doesn't care. Players don't care. Fans shouldn't care!

having it and using it are 2 different things. If the Yanks are done come August then yeah he might take advantage of those luxery's in his contract. If they are in the race I don't think he will.

And at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Team doesn't care. Players don't care. Fans shouldn't care!

If he has it why not use it? Come on Mike you're better than that you can't honestly think the guy isn't going to take advantage of the clause in his contract. The biggest sticking point (besides the money) was he didn't have to show up if he wasn't pitching. It has nothing to do with a luxury or not. When Houston was in pennant races the past 3 years the guy didn't show up on road trips. What makes this year any different? Because he's wearing the pinstripes?

But like you said it doesn't matter..... as long as he wins ball games of course.

Clemens coming back to make alot of money!!! I am really wondering how good he is really gunna be this year and if this will be it for him? I remember him saying that he would only come back to a team that was doing well and had a great chance to win the World Series. Thats kinda the only reason why I am shocked to see him go to NY right now. I mean they are a very good ball club, But if he really wanted to win a world series he should have signed with Boston cause that rotation would have been just sick! However 10 more million (Which was what the Yankees offered more than the Red Sox) may have had something to do with it.

1) No sympathy for the Nationals. They had Alphonso Soriano and could have traded him and got something in return of value. They knew they couldn't afford to keep him. They knew he was leaving. But they, A LAST PLACE TEAM, didn't trade him and got nothing in return. That isn't about money, that's about being STUPID, DUMB, and BAD BUSINESS!!!!!

2) The difference in money between teams........hey that's life. If an owner can't afford to compete, then sell the team!!!!!!!!! Nobody is born with the right to own a baseball team then get CORPORATE WELFARE to run it!!!!!! I'm sorry.

Salary Caps are un-American on every level and while I have no problem with other leagues having them (since it has been agreeded upon by both sides and has union involvement). I applaud baseball for not having one. 162 games. A 9 month active sport for the most part. These guys SHOULD get as much $$$ as they can and not have a salary cap placed on them.

Hey I'm with you on your first point. They kinda blew that one. And of course you don't mind that the Yankees are the most popular and rich team in the league. Have been for years and seems they always will be.

I'm not too huge a baseball fan so I won't argue much in this discussion. But to have a team spend 300 million on a team (Cubs) and have a usually crappy team (Royals) have such a small payroll, it just doesn't SEEM right.

Whether it is right or not, I don't know or care

You could have a roster of 28 million and still be competitive. See: Florida Marlins, last year their entire roster was 15 million and just missed the playoffs in the final week.

True. But the reason it was such a big story last year is b/c it doesn't happen often.

i.e. KC Royals

True. But the reason it was such a big story last year is b/c it doesn't happen often.

i.e. KC Royals

The Royals are stupid and cheap though. If the Boston and Yanks only spent $96 mill lets say, guess what.......the Royals and Marlins will STILL only spend in the $28 mill range. If the Yanks and Boston only spent $40 mill, guess what........that doesn't mean the Royals or whoever will spend more.

And if the Royals owner can't afford to field a competitive team.......sell the team!!!!

And in the 1980's the Yanks still spent more $$$ than anyone else......and they were horrible and a last place team!!!!!!!!!! Nobody was crying about payroll then!! Ya can't have it both ways!

Back
Top Bottom