Cleo Lemon to San Diego? Seems logical | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cleo Lemon to San Diego? Seems logical

Pompy

Starter
Reaction score
A.J. Feeley just got cut from San Diego and Coach Saban wants to keep Vick and train him as a QB. Do you see where I am going with this? Cleo Lemon who knows San Diego system and they like him would seem logical to go back as a back-up to Rivers considering they only have Whitehurst(Rookie) as a back-up. What do you think?

So we trade Feeley and a draft pick for Lemon, Feeley gets cut, we trade lemon back for a draft pick and we end up back where we started minus Feeley

Im not sure that makes sense at all

Oh another reason it doesnt make sense, is if you keep Vick as the 3rd QB if he enters the game at any point the previous QB's cant return (well thats part of the rule I cant remember it exactly)

And you can still give him reps at QB if he is the #5 WR

why dont we keep lemon.hes done ok in the pre season.why bring back feeley.we already know what he brings to the table:nono:

And the big reason it doesn't make sense is that A.J. Smith would never sell a guy to a team for a 6th round pick in one year, then buy the very same guy back within a year's time for a 4th round pick.

Sorry dude, that makes the idea a bit on the ridiculous side. GMs are people too.

Alex44 said:
So we trade Feeley and a draft pick for Lemon, Feeley gets cut, we trade lemon back for a draft pick and we end up back where we started minus Feeley

Im with alex on this, btw where you been alex, 24/7 misses you.:lol:

and then we pick up AJ as our 3rd string QB because we all know he has tons of practice carrying Joey's clipboard.

dorsaroll156 said:
why dont we keep lemon.hes done ok in the pre season.why bring back feeley.we already know what he brings to the table:nono:
he never said bring back AJ.. AJ got cut so they are probably looking for a new QB. And b/c lemon knows the system maybe they will want him back

Alex44 said:

Lmao well put.

Alex44 said:
Oh another reason it doesnt make sense, is if you keep Vick as the 3rd QB if he enters the game at any point the previous QB's cant return (well thats part of the rule I cant remember it exactly)

And you can still give him reps at QB if he is the #5 WR

That is only if you give him the special game-day active roster exemption for the 3rd QB. If you have him on the active list on game day, he can come in and out as he pleases (including at QB.)

Marcus Vick is not going to be our 3rd string QB. He'll be on the practice squad.

Pompy said:
A.J. Feeley just got cut from San Diego and Coach Saban wants to keep Vick and train him as a QB. Do you see where I am going with this? Cleo Lemon who knows San Diego system and they like him would seem logical to go back as a back-up to Rivers considering they only have Whitehurst(Rookie) as a back-up. What do you think?

As ludicrous as some would call this idea, I think it may be plausible. I can see us getting our 6th round pick back from the Chargers (maybe a 5th) for Cleo Lemon. This is the first time I have read anything on this subject and my immediate impulse was to laugh (I did). But, the more I think about it the more sense it makes. Cleo will never be more than a backup QB here, and I think if we can get at least our 6th round pick for him or more we should pull the trigger on that trade. I like his game but I just don't see him as our future starting QB.

Back
Top Bottom