Cleo Lemon to San Diego? Seems logical | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cleo Lemon to San Diego? Seems logical

I don't know why everyone is getting so worried about Cleo Lemon. He looked good against Jacksonville. Third string QBs aren't world beaters because if they were, they wouldn't be third string QBs. Let Lemon and Berlin battle it out for the 3rd spot. I expect we'll see a lot of both of them this Thursday. I trust Saban to make the right choice.

This is more realstic from A.J. Smith's end, to simply pay back the 6th he got for Cleo in the first place, but why do it from our end? Who replaces Cleo?

perhaps Mularkey is telling Nick that Vick has potential to be the best slash he has ever had. Saban talks about explosive plays, if your 3rd string QB/5th receiver can bring you a handful of explosive plays then he is more valuable than a guy you hope and pray never has to play.

CashInFist said:
Jeff George? :D

Seriously, we could pick up anyone to be our 3rd string QB. If it ever comes down to that for a long period of time we won't be going anywhere in the playoffs anyway.

There's the investment aspect too...we invested in Cleo by taking him on and teaching him this system...and you know what he appears to be good. Why give up that investment before realizing anything from it? Let's also remember that despite the immaculate rehabilitation and all, Daunte's knee is still a bit vulnerable to re-injury, swelling, etc and that means at some point this season we know our 3rd stringer will be a 2nd stringer, and that makes him all the more likely to have to see the field.

Pompy said:
A.J. Feeley just got cut from San Diego and Coach Saban wants to keep Vick and train him as a QB. Do you see where I am going with this? Cleo Lemon who knows San Diego system and they like him would seem logical to go back as a back-up to Rivers considering they only have Whitehurst(Rookie) as a back-up. What do you think?

No thanks

wow this is unreal. cleo lemon looked great in game 1, solid in game two, and had a bad game three, and the forum has gone from cleo is great to cleo sucks. over one game where he didnt turn the ball over or make any big mistakes? the kid has big talent, hes shown flashes of it, saban has said he likes him, houck wanted him brought here, even marino has said he really likes him, but some of the experts here want him gone immediately. ridiculous

Wow.......must've been a boring night for a thread like this one to pop up.

San Diego doesn't need Lemon, they have three quarterbacks now, with Rivers, Charlie Whitehurst, and Brett Elliot. AJ couldn't make 4th string.

Third-string quarterback Cleo Lemon is expected to get perhaps the most playing time he has received this preseason Thursday.
''I just wanted to continue to get better,'' Lemon said. ``I'm a developing guy. So I'm just trying to hone in on my skills, get my skill level up and hopefully one day be a starter in this league.''

Syra39 said:
San Diego doesn't need Lemon, they have three quarterbacks now, with Rivers, Charlie Whitehurst, and Brett Elliot. AJ couldn't make 4th string.

I think that officially kills any argument that Feeley has the talent to play in this league and confirms once and for all that the 2nd round pick we spent on Feeley was the worst move ever made in Dolphins history, besides naming Dave Wannstedt head coach and Rick Spielman as GM.

God, it's so nice to finally have a coaching staff and front office that know what they're doing and then some. Sure, our special teams and offensive line aren't looking so hot now. But when Nick Saban says things will change, that carries 1,000,000 times the credibility to Wannstedt's empty "we'll get things cleaned up" pledges.

Those poor *******s at Pitt...lol. :lol:

No way this is remotely possible, aside from which Vick isn't tall enough to be an NFL QB. Saban is only keeping his QB skills intact so he can better throw halfback/WR option passes.

You can't keep Vick as your 3rd string QB when he hasn't even seen the field of play as one, especially when you've got Culpepper still recovering from a knee injury.

late again said:
Exactly. It makes no sense. A year ago Saban thought enough of the guy to bring him in. Now after investing a year's worth of teaching/coaching we're going to get rid of him and bring in another guy to be 3rd string. Only now we're back to square one (again) with his knowledge of the offense?

Well, if you think about it it, we basically cut AJ and traded a 6th for Cleo. We got to evaluate him for a year. If Nick feels he's not what he'd hoped for, and we can get our 6th back, that's just like returning merchandise to the store. If you get a 5th or better, that's essentially trading a 6th for a 5th. Why wouldn't you do it?

Of course this all assumes that 1.) Nick feels Cleo isn't what he wants, and 2.) he feels he has an adequate 3rd string qb option (Vick, Berlin, free agent) that's at least no worse than Cleo.

I would trade Cleo for a fourth round pick. If San Diego doesn't come up with that, then let them suffer.

yeah get rid of lemon he sucks. oh yeah and where are all those frickin fools that thought that lemon would be better than harrington and all that. good one guys lookk how good he is now HE SUCKS!!!! and harrington is 100 times better

Back
Top Bottom