Cleo Lemon | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cleo Lemon

JH is a high round pick. So I guess that's why most people are convinced that he is the answer.

They have sucked because they were low picks. Truth is, that since Marino in 1993 none of the coaching regimes has really invested a high draft pick in a QB. That pretty much sums up the team failure over the last several yrs. There is no real leader on the offense to elevate the play of those around him.

Marino was 1983. But i'm sure you know that.

The fact that none of our coaches has drafted a high round Q.B. in 23 years is disturbing. It's one of the reasons I hated Wanny. In all the years since Dan, the only Q.B. we have drafted was Josh Hupel(?). The team has needed to build the offense for years and they never seem to focus on the most important part, the quarterback. Last year was our chance to draft somebody, but we wasted a pick on Daunte. Sabans' biggest mistake IMO.

the problem is the only deal we may get offered will be for cleo. and id like to keep cleo he showed some fire hes got great zip on the ball. but to be honest he did get a gift on christmas because of a drop that schouldve been an int. then again come on can it get anyt worse than 0.0 qb rating lemon might being doing better than joey but that aint saying much

I'm surprised some of us are getting excited about Cleo.

It appeared to me that it was raining rather heavily for most of the game except the 4th quarter and the last part of the 3rd. I'll spout off below based on what I thought I was seeing on TV, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Joey played during the soggy 1st half and like Pennington couldn't move the ball. Cleo played in the 2nd half and like Pennington couldn't move the ball until the rain slowed down, then suddenly the offense on both teams sprang to life. Why? Because receivers on both teams could finally hold onto the ball.

This game by itself doesn't prove that he's a worthy 2nd string backup by itself. Nor does it prove that Joey isn't. Joey and Cleo appeared to have played under very different conditions.

The only thing we learned for certain from this game is that we need a much better running game. When it rains like it did you've got to have a solid running game. It was clear from the game plan that the coaching staff had no confidence in it.

Well at least I know why I don't have any friends now. It's all that piano playing I've been doing! Should have known...

I'm surprised some of us are getting excited about Cleo.

It appeared to me that it was raining rather heavily for most of the game except the 4th quarter and the last part of the 3rd. I'll spout off below based on what I thought I was seeing on TV, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Joey played during the soggy 1st half and like Pennington couldn't move the ball. Cleo played in the 2nd half and like Pennington couldn't move the ball until the rain slowed down, then suddenly the offense on both teams sprang to life. Why? Because receivers on both teams could finally hold onto the ball.

This game by itself doesn't prove that he's a worthy 2nd string backup by itself. Nor does it prove that Joey isn't. Joey and Cleo appeared to have played under very different conditions.

The only thing we learned for certain from this game is that we need a much better running game. When it rains like it did you've got to have a solid running game. It was clear from the game plan that the coaching staff had no confidence in it.

Yeah... that 6.5 yards per carry really hurt us. Better work that out.

The announcers also pointed out that Lemon worked with the second and third team in the preseason so that could be a reason he looked comfortable with what used to be second and third team before the injuries.

I can only hope Culpepper comes back and plays well next season. Sabans last season at LSU was a fiasco when it came to QB's...pulling Marcus Randall to put in Jamarcus Russell only to pull Russell to put Randall back in at the slightest hint of adversity. It was like that the whole season and a mistake. The offense had no opportunity to jell with one QB.

JH is a first round pick; 5 year starter. He should be playing better than cleo based on experience alone. I don't expect Lemon to play at the same level as JH now. But let him learn and he should be better (witin 6 games) than Harrington is now. I think JH's learning curve is just too steep. Too much inconsistency. If you are willing to live with mistakes they should be from a QB who has not developed bad habits but who has a chance to learn and improve. After 5 years, I would say JH has been given every opportunity and more to become a player; it's just not going to happen-not soon.

Yeah... that 6.5 yards per carry really hurt us. Better work that out.

Actually 6.5 was Lemon's yards per pass attempt but you're point is still correct. Rushing for the game was 5.2 YPC, that's a very good number but we passed more than we ran for the game. Why?

Ronnie Brown's longest run this year is only 27 yards, amongst the top 30 rushers (Ronnie's one of them) 26 have had a longer run from scrimmage. But hey, we play the Colts this week so I guess there's hope for him to have a big day. Assuming Mularky lets him get the ball enough in the first place.

Harrington has a 68 QB rating this year why is there any talk of him as are future i dont get it....Is he better then lemon? well lets see who got benched? and who brought us close to a win? and yes harrington is EMO you dont cry about your performance no one will give you sympthy, you suck it up and go out there and play better he was like im going to cry about it and do as bad

Back
Top Bottom