Clinton Port-A-Potty? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clinton Port-A-Potty?

That's just plain wrong......even the Patriots said they tackled much better aganst us than they had the previous weeks....and if you had seen the game you would know that they were slamming Ricky nearly every play, they were hitting him hard all day. They made it tough for him to get his 100 yards but,..... he did, and most of it was after the first contact. It's not bad tackling when RW is carrying two defenders for 3 yards before he goes down, it's strong running.

BTW, that 147 to 42 rushing edge was exactly what happened last time we played....21-10, Miami win.

"BTW, that 147 to 42 rushing edge was exactly what happened last time we played....21-10, Miami win."

Gotta say, that shut them up pretty nicely......

That didn't shut me up...had to log off. Here's my reply:

"That's just plain wrong......even the Patriots said they tackled much better aganst us than they had the previous weeks...."

Yeah, it's all relative. They couldn't tackle me a few weeks ago, so an improvement was inevitable. They didn't improve enough though.

"and if you had seen the game you would know that they were slamming Ricky nearly every play, they were hitting him hard all day. They made it tough for him to get his 100 yards but,..... he did, and most of it was after the first contact. It's not bad tackling when RW is carrying two defenders for 3 yards before he goes down, it's strong running."

That's your point of view. Strong running or not, if two guys hit him in the backfield and they wrap him up, there's no way he should get three yards! If he does, it's poor tackling...plain and simple.

"BTW, that 147 to 42 rushing edge was exactly what happened last time we played....21-10, Miami win."

Miami did not win last year because of the rushing edge. They won because of two INTs late in the game, period. Griese threw a pick that resulted in a Miami score and then they fumbled away the ensuing kickoff resulting in another score. If it weren't for those two turnovers, the Broncos would've won that game regardless of the disparity in rushing numbers...

My point WAS............your rushing defense did not win the game for you, yet you keep hanging your hat on shutting down Ricky Williams....you better be more concerned about your quarter back play.....or your special teams play(big concerns there)......this game is not going to be won or lost by one unit.......it's going to have to be a complete team effort all around and TO's will be the difference.

Oh and carrying two tacklers for three yards is NOT poor tackling....poor tackling is "arm tackling" and and "missed tackles" not being dragged by a strong running back. What else are you going to do besides grab hold and try to get the runner to the ground? You think that it's poor tackling just because they don't stop the runner dead in his tracks but, that type of play isn't the norm. They all can't be highlight reel hits. Trust me, if you had seen the game you would know that the Patriots were bringing it that day, and it was just hard running by Ricky that got his yards.

I just read your post again......you do realize that it was DENVER with the 147-42 rushing edge, right?

"Trust me, if you had seen the game you would know that the Patriots were bringing it that day, and it was just hard running by Ricky that got his yards."

I did watch the game. I watch every Pats game and to be honest the defensive schemes and tackling technique appeared no different than any other game I've seen so far this season. The only difference being RW didn't put up the numbers that Priest Holmes did, facing a similar front geared up to stop him...

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco
"Trust me, if you had seen the game you would know that the Patriots were bringing it that day, and it was just hard running by Ricky that got his yards."

I did watch the game. I watch every Pats game and to be honest the defensive schemes and tackling technique appeared no different than any other game I've seen so far this season. The only difference being RW didn't put up the numbers that Priest Holmes did, facing a similar front geared up to stop him...

Then you didn't pay attention when watching... there was a BIG difference in what the Pats did defensively... instead of pulling safties up and putting 8 in the box, they spread the DTs and fille the gaps with LBs... maybe it's me, but an LB plugging a "planned hole" is more tuned to stopping the run than tossing a small safety in the box and letting him get plowed through or dragged...

Funny how, two posts ago.......when my quote started off,"If you had seen the game.......blah blah"..........one would think that you would have mentioned that you DID see the game in your rebuttal ESPECIALLY since you were trying to tell me MY point of view was wrong.........now you are going to say you saw the game? ......and then you are going to try and convince me that the Patriots weren't tackling good?:lol::lol::lol:
I don't think you saw the game, not the whole game anyway. JMO.

The Pats don't have any small safeties. Each are as good at hitting and stopping the run than their LBs....

Most of their defensive formations include 3 safeties and 2 LBs, so the difference if any is minute.

Back
Top Bottom