C'mon...where's the Gator fans??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

C'mon...where's the Gator fans???

Kind of cool how we hijacked a Gator thread.

Absolutely. It has been great jawing with you guys even though I seem to have quite a biased opinion when it comes to the Canes. So glad the real season is around the corner.

I'm really starting to wonder if the ga*tors really do have any true fans or if they just show up on Saturdays to satisfy their Tebow man crush.

Absolutely. It has been great jawing with you guys even though I seem to have quite a biased opinion when it comes to the Canes. So glad the real season is around the corner.

I'm really starting to wonder if the ga*tors really do have any true fans or if they just show up on Saturdays to satisfy their Tebow man crush.

I enjoy jawing with you HurrinPhin..You will back up your opinion with
facts and passion.That other guy was just throwing out silly statements.
When he said recruiting rankings don't matter ...I almost fell of my chair laughing.
Like I said before I'm a Bama grad and love the Tide ,but the Canes are my 2nd favorite team.
I wished they were in the SEC..They play ball the SEC way.

In the end, I don't think recruiting rankings matter as much as the coaching. The 'Canes of the past couple of season and the Ron Zook era is living proof of that. Kyle Wright, Lance Leggett...both we're highly recruited coming out of high school and failed at the college level likely due to poor coaching and offensive execution. I pay no attention to the star ratings. I concern myself with how well the kid's skill set fits into what the coaching staff is trying to do.

In the end, I don't think recruiting rankings matter as much as the coaching. The 'Canes of the past couple of season and the Ron Zook era is living proof of that. Kyle Wright, Lance Leggett...both we're highly recruited coming out of high school and failed at the college level likely due to poor coaching and offensive execution. I pay no attention to the star ratings. I concern myself with how well the kid's skill set fits into what the coaching staff is trying to do.

I agree somewhat...but ,a great coach with five star players on average
will beat a great coach with two star players.
You have to have talent,predicting that talent's potential and using that talent correctly are another thing altogether.

too funny. love the jealousy that comes from the gators owning you guys.

yeah - miami worked us over years back. but they were good then. if we played this year - not so much. that wouldn't even be considered a football game. it would be considered rape. gang rape to be exact. please.

for you bama fans - you guys are gonna be dope next year. absolutely scared about the SEC championship. can't wait.

I wasnt saying recruiting wasnt everything. I said recruiting RANKING dont mean anything

I wasnt saying recruiting wasnt everything. I said recruiting RANKING dont mean anything

All national championship winning teams have highly RANKED recruiting
classes.
So yes,rankings do matter.I don't think there is much differance in
the #1 ranked class compared to the #5 ranked class,but if your school
cosistantly has a top five or top 10 ranked class,you will be a top team.
That is a fact.
Go back and look at the recruiting rankings for the top teams the last 15
years.That's not a fluke.

Personal life
Meyer was born on July 10, 1964 in Toledo, Ohio and moved to Ashtabula, Ohio as a child. He graduated from Ashtabula's Saint John High School. He went on to play defensive back at the University of Cincinnati before earning his bachelor's degree in psychology in 1986. During his undergraduate studies, Meyer also became a brother of the Sigma Chi Fraternity, and met his wife at Sigma Chi's Derby Days philanthropy event.[20]

Meyer went on to earn his master's degree in sports administration at Ohio State University in 1988. Meyer was also selected in the 13th round, as a shortstop, by the Atlanta Braves in the 1982 major league baseball draft. Meyer spent two seasons playing minor league baseball in the Braves organization.[21]

Meyer married his wife, Shelley, in 1986. The Meyers have three children: Nicole, Gigi, and Nate. Although he is married with three children his relationship with openly gay Florida Gator quarterback Tim Tebow has led to much speculation about his sexuality.

His eldest daughter Nicki is an incoming volleyball player for Georgia Tech.[22]

I knew it.

ok...I know they're maybe alot of State and Hurricane fans here BUT....you gotta at least show love to the ones that are representing our State and the home of this years BCS Champs once again!!! You gotta love Tebow c'mon...he's an all around "team" player...I may be biased having called Gainesville my home for over a decade but you gotta admit....who else REALLY has a chance to beat us this year??? ...and don't say Oklahoma...because I hate to tell ya..it aint gonna happen...:up::woot:

Gator fan here... GO GATORS!

Back
Top Bottom