Coaches On Ronnie.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaches On Ronnie....

/\/\ i A /\/\ i said:
Jon Gruden

Bucs coach Jon Gruden said Auburn running back Ronnie Brown stunned him at last month's scouting combine by "displaying the best hands of any prospect, including wide receivers."

Lovie Smith

"You talk about unselfish, I mean, most of the time, running backs say, 'Hey, I'm the man, give me the ball,' " said Lovie Smith, the Chicago Bears coach. "You got Ronnie Brown lining up as a fullback. How many great tailbacks line up as a fullback? He's also on the punt team. You talk to both of them, they want to give the other guy a lot of credit."

Dennis Green

"All three of these players have huge upsides or they would not be here. I think what you see with Cedric Benson and Carnell Williams right now is pretty much what you will see forever. That is not a bad thing, said Dennis Green. "I just think that they have hit their near-maximum capability and you know what type of running back you have with them. [Ronnie Brown] is on par with both, but he has the potential to be great at ALL aspects of the game. He has better hands and blocking desire than the other two backs…and I think this is what sets him apart from Benson and Williams."

Jack Del Rio

"Does it all. Can catch the ball. An outstanding receiver and route runner. Big, strong, physical, fast. I'm a little leery of the fact that he doesn't have a lot of playing time . . . but when he did he was very productive. He will be a big-time back in the NFL. He's a stud."

Mike Shanahan

"Cadillac's more of a slashing runner, a guy that can make you miss," said Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan. "Ronnie's more versatile from the fact that he can play fullback and wide receiver (as he did at Auburn). But they're both great backs."

Jim Mora

"Excellent blend of size, hands ,speed, and pound for pound, one of the toughest backs in the last five NFL drafts," Mora said.

Tommy Tuberville

"Ronnie's got the best hands of any player I've ever coached or been around," Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said. "I recruited and coached Rudi Johnson and Deuce McAllister and this guy's got more athletic ability than both of them."

Looks as if Lovie and Gruden really wanted RONNIE.....thank god we took him from them!!!

Nick Saban

"We thought he had the best speed, the best hands, and also the most power of any player we could pick at his position, or just about any other position," Saban said.

It's kinda cool too that both our new RB's (If Heath Evans and Ronnie Brown start) are both from Auburn. I do think Jamar Martin is going to surprise though.

Back
Top Bottom