Coaches Rankings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaches Rankings

I thought the rating was fluff for the most part. The author was more interested in being cute than in doing and thorough objective rating.

Who cares about Izzo?? All he did was play good special teams. But he wasn't even the best special teamer on the roster. Trent Gamble was much better than Larry in 2000, but Larry got to the Pro Bowl on name recognition. McGarrahan is better too.

The Pro Bowl is meaningless. It's simply a popularity contest. All-Pro is where it's at.

Honestly iceblizzard, I usually don't question opinions, but this one I have to. What is wrong with Wanny? The only complaint I can see anyone having is that he does not change him game plan when it isn't working. He has led the Dolphins to 2 11-5 records, with a journeyman QB. He signed Lamar Smith and made him a 1,000 rusher. He has had a couple very successful drafts. He has brought in good character free-agents. He has eliminated any Qb controversy before it started (Huard and Fiedler after Huard beat the Colts in Indy a couple years back). I could go on, but my point is he has done nothing but good things for this team.

The thing about him signing players that played for him in irrelevant. All coaches sign players they are familiar with. Vermeil and Trent Green, JJJ and my man Brock Marion a couple years back, Mike holmgren and Hasselbeck, Herm Edwards and Damien Robinson, the DE White(I forget his first name), Cotrell and Sam Cowart. o I need to go on? This one should be a no-brainer. Izzo? You would get mad because he didn't sign Izzo over Jason Taylor, Derrick Rodgers, or giving Surtain that extension last year? There are priorities my friend.

Originally posted by Muck
Who cares about Izzo?? All he did was play good special teams. But he wasn't even the best special teamer on the roster. Trent Gamble was much better than Larry in 2000, but Larry got to the Pro Bowl on name recognition. McGarrahan is better too.

The Pro Bowl is meaningless. It's simply a popularity contest. All-Pro is where it's at.

When is the All Pro released anyways, and where can you view who made it?

Ice,
All your qualms are personnel decisions, which we all know Spielman takes care of now. He might not have the final word, but DW trusts him in making good, sound decisions.

Surtain is worth every bit of the money he makes. He is an All-pro waiting to happen, and if you don't pay him like it, he bolts.

Rodgers is a solid player, he might not make huge plays, but he doesn't make that many mistakes either. He is not grossly overpaid, but he does make a bit too much. I'd hate to see who our replacement would be if we lost Rodgers. So I think the extension was a good idea, and Rodgers is FAR from being a bad player. He is a solid player, nothing more, nothing less. You can't have a pro-bowler at every position.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Did you see what Wanny did to Chicago? And do you think giving a bad player like Rodgers an extension is a good idea? Also, Surtain should be getting 4 million a year tops, he isnt' worth 5.5 or whatever he makes as his average, but I would rather have him at 5.5 then not have him at all.

Chicago is history. Its what he has done here that affects us. You're right about Rodgers though, he is overrated.

Did you see what Wanny did to Chicago? And do you think giving a bad player like Rodgers an extension is a good idea? Also, Surtain should be getting 4 million a year tops, he isnt' worth 5.5 or whatever he makes as his average, but I would rather have him at 5.5 then not have him at all.

Back
Top Bottom