Coaching Carousel Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Carousel Thread

FinPhan54

Basement Dweller
Club Member
Reaction score

The Lions, Texans, Falcons job are already available and the Chargers (and potentially Bears) job is expected to be open as well.

My predictions as of today -

Jaguars - Urban Meyer
Jets - Ryan Day
Lions - Robert Saleh
Falcons - Raheem Morris
Texans - Lincoln Riley
Chargers - Eric Bieniemy

I can't see Ryan Day leaving Ohio State.. He would be a great NFL coach though and has the NFL experience..

He has it made there with huge recruiting classes coming in.

Columbus is a nice town to live as well.

I can’t back Meyer for all the reasons he retired and went into the booth, his medical issues and stress related issues.
A fine coach but those issues would prevent me hiring him.
Other than the names in Finphan54 post I reckon Harbaugh will be back in the frame.

My predictions as of today -

Jaguars - Urban Meyer
Jets - Ryan Day
Lions - Robert Saleh
Falcons - Raheem Morris
Texans - Lincoln Riley
Chargers - Eric Bieniemy

Lincoln is not leaving Sooners to coach an awful Texans team, why would Falcons hire Raheem Morris? Raheem is not that good, I do not see Urban being a NFL guy, Ryan would be dumb to leave Ohio State for the awful Jets, Lions will probably hire Marvin Lewis instead of Robert Saleh, I think Anthony Lynn is staying with the Chargers

Urban Meyer to the Jags looks like it could happen. I wasn't really listening at the time but I'm sure Rapsheet said on NFL gameday that Meyer has told close friends that he's interested and is already thinking of his coaching staff.

I do not really see Urban Meyer going to the NFL, he is not a NFL type guy to me
I've believed for two years that Urban Meyer would pursue the NFL job attached to Trevor Lawrence. That's why I warned months ago in the main forum that it doesn't matter if the Jets look like a dysfunctional organization...if they qualify for Trevor Lawrence then Urban Meyer likely comes with the package.

Consider the Dolphins very lucky that the Jets pulled off those recent upsets. Otherwise we'd be looking at Lawrence and Meyer in the AFC East.

Meyer knows darn well he can build an NFL roster. He also knows it means nothing without the quarterback. He wants the Pete Carroll NFL life of annual competitiveness. But he wasn't going to take the risk that Nick Saban or Pete Carroll did, entering the league without an elite quarterback prospect on the roster. Once Lawrence established as a phenom in 2018 it was perfect timing and trajectory for Meyer. He could take a couple of years off in the broadcast booth while keeping in touch with the game and personnel, and knowing full well that his name recognition and aura would be attractive to whatever team qualified for Lawrence.

Then the past two weeks he was probably thrilled that his destination turned out to be Jacksonville and not New York. He knows the media and lifestyle in northern Florida. No tabloids. No state tax. And at least one extra season of benefit of a doubt in case things go wrong early.

I suspect Brian Daboll will get one of the Jets, Jags, Houston or ATL positions, think Jets is a good shout.

Marrone has gone
New GM, HC and QB in Jacksonville

Back
Top Bottom