Coaching | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching

Oboy

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have heard/read a LOT of complaints about Wanny. Of which I totally agree with most. Here is my dilema, if we do fire Wanny who do we bring in? We really need a top of the line coach to put us over the top (ex Gruden in TB). There are only a few of these types of coaches and I really don't see any of those coaches available? The best coach I can see to bring in right now would be Bob Stoops from U of Ok. However, I think I remember him saying he was not looking to leave Ok anytime soon. On the talk shows I have heard names like Ditka(not sold on), Kotite (god I hope not), and Dennis Green (probably the best of those mentioned). What is your opinions?

Lovie Smith would be one of my first choices. Ted Cotrell is another. Maybe a reach, but Doug Williams from Grambling would be a good choice as well.

Isn't Flutie ready to become an NFL head coach about now?

this sundays game

anybody going to this sundays game besides me? anybody think we can win besides me? nobody on espn will give us a chance but i know we can win anybody agree??

Stoops (Sooners)
Charlie Weis (OC for pats)
Marty Schottenheimer (Chargers)
Dennis Green

all could be considered.

wait till the end of the season before this becomes a question. what use does it do now anyway?

When was the last time you have seen this team not "prepared" for the game.

Have you seen a special teams long snapper drill one into the ground two yards back?

Have you seen a kickoff run back for a touchdown?

Have you seen a kickoff or punt fumbled?

Have you seen a twenty point blowout?

Have you seen a field position error in judgement?

I (and others) clamoured for Robert Edwards to be #2 running back. Well week 9 is here and our running back is still Ricky Williams but the man who is number 2 is on the field in crucial situations now..

When I see this team not accounting for the blitz (like Washington), when I see the personell not ready to go into the game at crucial moments (like the Jets), and when I see repetitive missed assignments by a single player without retribution such as a benching or release I'll join you in this search...

Whose making the plays out there? Is it the personell or Dave?

If it's the personell you have a problem with then you have a problem with Spielman.....

Let me remind you first that most NFL "insiders" refer to him as being one of the best in the business..

Dave Wannestedt is coaching.....

Originally posted by ZOD

Have you seen a special teams long snapper drill one into the ground two yards back?

Have you seen a kickoff run back for a touchdown?

I (and others) clamoured for Robert Edwards to be #2 running back. Well week 9 is here and our running back is still Ricky Williams but the man who is number 2 is on the field in crucial situations now..

That's just the point, Zod. wannstewdt can't coach. Simple as that. Not my fault or any other's that he can't!
When I see this team not accounting for the blitz (like Washington), when I see the personell not ready to go into the game at crucial moments (like the Jets), and when I see repetitive missed assignments by a single player without retribution such as a benching or release I'll join you in this search...

Whose making the plays out there? Is it the personell or Dave?

If it's the personell you have a problem with then you have a problem with Spielman.....

Let me remind you first that most NFL "insiders" refer to him as being one of the best in the business..

Why does everyone seem to act like the season is over? And what guarrantee is there that Wannstedt is gonna be canned? That's pretty much something that the media has said from the start, but the owner of the Dolphins has never uttered a word about this that I can recall.

Originally posted by Scrappy
Why does everyone seem to act like the season is over? And what guarrantee is there that Wannstedt is gonna be canned? That's pretty much something that the media has said from the start, but the owner of the Dolphins has never uttered a word about this that I can recall.

He's never made a precise statement to the press but you can rest assured he HAS said a word about it and those words have been reported. Wanny is toast unless he takes the team deep into the playoffs.

Originally posted by RikWriter

He's never made a precise statement to the press but you can rest assured he HAS said a word about it and those words have been reported. Wanny is toast unless he takes the team deep into the playoffs.

so why not see how far we get?

Originally posted by ZOD

First game of the season against the Texans.

Last season, yes.

Well, we lost by 18 to KC last season. Close enough?

Yes.

Only this last game. Before that this season, Minor barely saw the field.

When I see this team not accounting for the blitz (like Washington)

So you didn't watch the Colts game?

Actually the truth is that Dave is Speilman's boss in the peculiar arrangement the Dolphins have and Dave has a hell of a lot of say in who is drafted and who is brought in via free agency.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

so why not see how far we get?

That's pretty much a non sequitur. None of us here have the power to end the season early, so we're all going to see how far we can get. I will continue to give my opinion on how far that is now, however.

Originally posted by Scrappy

That's because the owner and the media can't find fault other than the players are not executing.

It's not gametime decisions or preparation that is losing the game.

It's the inability to to come up with a play.

Originally posted by RikWriter
Actually the truth is that Dave is Speilman's boss in the peculiar arrangement the Dolphins have and Dave has a hell of a lot of say in who is drafted and who is brought in via free agency.

Rik,

Your answers to the individual questions are weak to say the least.......

If you had fair judgement at this time you would think so too.

I'm familiar with the arrangement but this thread is about coaching. To say you have a problem with the personell decisions is a seperate topic altogether.

Hell, I have a problem with the personell decisions.

My question was more meant to say IF we fire Wanny, who would we want to fill in. There is a lot more to play and I really do not feel we are in that bad of a position. We only lost 3 games and none of the three were blowouts. I really do hope the coaching staff gets it together and this team starts dominating, like it really can.

Originally posted by ZOD

That's because the owner and the media can't find fault other than the players are not executing.

It's not gametime decisions or preparation that is losing the game.

It's the inability to to come up with a play.

First of all, there has been plenty said, especially with the media and Wayne has been known to say a few things, just not "publicly". Actually, Wayne doesn't give a hoot as long as the season tix sales hold up.

True, I can go along with the inablility to "come up with a play". players just execute them. Coaches come up with the plays by design and coach the players on how to execute them. obviously, that ain't happening.

Back
Top Bottom