Coker on Hot Seat!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coker on Hot Seat!!!

Yeah in the whole USC race for a third championship most people forget that the first was a shared title they shouldnt have gotten, and the second year IMO Auburn was a better team than OU, and if not for cheating they wouldnt have even been in the third (see Reggie push Leinart into the endzone)

Okay back to Coker, I expect BIG things this season and Im all for his head....er fireing if he doesnt come through

AirFishOne said:
bitter? Ive forgotten all about that FLUKE....yes it was a fluke

:sidelol:

I'm really starting to think there are much bigger College Football homers on this site than NFL.

Motion said:
:sidelol:

I'm really starting to think there are much bigger College Football homers on this site than NFL.

And if it weren't for YOU, we would have won it outright!!! :tantrum:

:lol:

Considering that Coker is 53-9 since 2001, with a winning percentage second only to Texas' Mack Brown (55-8), I'm not too worried about it. :peace:

Jaydog57 said:
Considering that Coker is 53-9 since 2001, with a winning percentage second only to Texas' Mack Brown (55-8), I'm not too worried about it. :peace:

But he was winning with Butch Davis's talent.

Man this secondary may be better than the one that had Buchanon, Reed and Rumph back there. The defense in whole should be tremendous, best in the nation even. Now if the line is much improved for Kyle Wright, I think big things are in store this year for the U.

I mean we played terrible, in ur own backyard, and with a hurt Jason White, and still only lost by 7.

This logic always escapes me. I'm not trying to bag on anyone, but WHY do OU fans think they played terrible in that game? Maybe LSU had something to do with it. OU ran through the weak Big XII like exlax through a fat lady that year. They faced a bunch of defenses geared to stop the primitive Big XII offenses with Jason White, consequently, piling up record numbers. LSU hit them in the soft spot (offensive line) with a bunch of NFL caliber defensive linemen (the same thing would happen the next year vs. USC). White couldn't move, and he got roughed up. OU's receivers hadn't seen speed like that in the defensive backfield (even in practice b/c this was one of OU's weakest DB corps in recent memory), and had no answers for it.

OU's defense was pretty salty (as is par for the course with a Stoops team), but the dbs let them down sometimes. Brandon Everage was quite possibly the biggest bust of any Stoops player I remember.

It was a great game, matching a great team and a really good team. Many OU fans cite JW missing a wide open Renaldo Works for TD late in the game as the deciding play. Some question Chuck Long's playcalling when OU seemed to finally have established the run, only to go away from it late in the game. These are legitimate beefs, but it's not as if LSU played flawlessly. One of OU's scores came on the heels of a punt block in which they recovered for a tuddy. Punt blocks aren't all that frequent in football. LSU also left at least 3 points off the board in the first quarter when Justin Vincent rushed it down to inside the OU 5 yard line in the first quarter. The tigers would turn it over on downs when they had first and goal from the 3.

Again, not trying to attack anyone, but the "what ifs" are what they are, speculative. Did OU miss some opportunities, absolutely. Could the game have gone the other way, you bet your arse. In the end, though, the missed plays tend to balance one another out. The better team won, IMO.\

Oh, and on the Coker news...He SHOULD be on the hot seat. 9-3 simply isn't acceptable in Coral Gables on a yearly basis. They've had their share of misfortunes (many of which are Coker's own doing), so a sub-par year every now and then is to be expected. BUT...when you inherit the most talented team in college football history, you should not be looking at consecutive Peach Bowl appearances 4 years later. Miami should be able to recruit itself, and a UM coach should be able to assemble a staff competent enough to carry on the tradition. Before I get angry, I'll sign off and apologize for being so long-winded. Some things in college football really get my passion burning.

papafin said:
This logic always escapes me. I'm not trying to bag on anyone, but WHY do OU fans think they played terrible in that game? Maybe LSU had something to do with it. OU ran through the weak Big XII like exlax through a fat lady that year. They faced a bunch of defenses geared to stop the primitive Big XII offenses with Jason White, consequently, piling up record numbers. LSU hit them in the soft spot (offensive line) with a bunch of NFL caliber defensive linemen (the same thing would happen the next year vs. USC). White couldn't move, and he got roughed up. OU's receivers hadn't seen speed like that in the defensive backfield (even in practice b/c this was one of OU's weakest DB corps in recent memory), and had no answers for it.

OU's defense was pretty salty (as is par for the course with a Stoops team), but the dbs let them down sometimes. Brandon Everage was quite possibly the biggest bust of any Stoops player I remember.

It was a great game, matching a great team and a really good team. Many OU fans cite JW missing a wide open Renaldo Works for TD late in the game as the deciding play. Some question Chuck Long's playcalling when OU seemed to finally have established the run, only to go away from it late in the game. These are legitimate beefs, but it's not as if LSU played flawlessly. One of OU's scores came on the heels of a punt block in which they recovered for a tuddy. Punt blocks aren't all that frequent in football. LSU also left at least 3 points off the board in the first quarter when Justin Vincent rushed it down to inside the OU 5 yard line in the first quarter. The tigers would turn it over on downs when they had first and goal from the 3.

Again, not trying to attack anyone, but the "what ifs" are what they are, speculative. Did OU miss some opportunities, absolutely. Could the game have gone the other way, you bet your arse. In the end, though, the missed plays tend to balance one another out. The better team won, IMO.

I believe the term is "Homerism" and on this site there's none bigger. :wink:

papafin said:

Again, not trying to attack anyone, but the "what ifs" are what they are, speculative. Did OU miss some opportunities, absolutely. Could the game have gone the other way, you bet your arse. In the end, though, the missed plays tend to balance one another out. The better team won, IMO.\

Oh, and on the Coker news...He SHOULD be on the hot seat. 9-3 simply isn't acceptable in Coral Gables on a yearly basis. They've had their share of misfortunes (many of which are Coker's own doing), so a sub-par year every now and then is to be expected. BUT...when you inherit the most talented team in college football history, you should not be looking at consecutive Peach Bowl appearances 4 years later. Miami should be able to recruit itself, and a UM coach should be able to assemble a staff competent enough to carry on the tradition. Before I get angry, I'll sign off and apologize for being so long-winded. Some things in college football really get my passion burning.

I watched the game and I didnt care which team won.....Im sorry but OU played terrible, LSU played very well, but OU definitly did NOT play the way they were capable of, they looked like a team that didnt deserve to be in a major bowl game for a majority of the game, and most of it falls on them not LSU

Alex44 said:
I watched the game and I didnt care which team won.....Im sorry but OU played terrible, LSU played very well, but OU definitly did NOT play the way they were capable of, they looked like a team that didnt deserve to be in a major bowl game for a majority of the game, and most of it falls on them not LSU

Exactly, its a lame excuse to say they just played terrible. Its the biggest game of the year, if you play terrible, you didn't deserve to be there.

Motion said:
Exactly, its a lame excuse to say they just played terrible. Its the biggest game of the year, if you play terrible, you didn't deserve to be there.

I agree, OU should have played the way they are capable of but they didnt, and didnt deserve to win because of it, there really isnt a good excuse for playing like that

That's speculative, as I stated before. OU simply was overrated. They didn't play to the level they had all year because they hadn't seen a team close to what LSU brought to the table. I live in Big XII country and get (am forced) to watch a lot of BigXII football games. They have some teams on the rise (TT, Nebraska, aTm), but that year they were atrocious. Slow defenses. And LSU didn't play to their capabilities, either. Turnover on downs inside the 5 and blocked punts for touchdowns isn't playing "very well". The better team won.

Back
Top Bottom