College Quarterbacks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College Quarterbacks

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Lemme get this straight. Schaub sucks because he did well in a good system but struggled at the Senior Bowl. But, Pickett is awesome because he sucked in a tough situattion his senior year, and also struggled at the senior bowl?

Cuz Pickett really didn't do so hot at the Senior Bowl, not very impressive at all. Harris and Navarre were more impressive in fact I thought and thats sayin a lot. The performances at the Senior Bowl I thought went somethin like Rivers, Rivers, Rivers, Losman, Rivers, Navarre, Harris, Pickett, Schaub.

Pickett had the best Senior Bowl week for the North QBs & he had the best game. Harris & Schaub didn't do well at all. Navarre started strong but fizzled out as the week progressed.

Rivers/Losman, Pickett, Navarre/Schaub, Harris.

I know Eli is the bomb but I thought his #'s were better than everybody but there is 3 qb's #'s are better. I don't know why Rivers aint considered the top in the draft. Maybe his machanics and foot work. But crap that tell you that he is accurate smart don't make many mistakes and he will get his foot work correct Rivers had a decent team or offensesive. Eli had a very good team so did Ben and Ben had to play against not very good teams.

Originally posted by Noland
I know Eli is the bomb but I thought his #'s were better than everybody but there is 3 qb's #'s are better. I don't know why Rivers aint considered the top in the draft. Maybe his machanics and foot work. But crap that tell you that he is accurate smart don't make many mistakes and he will get his foot work correct Rivers had a decent team or offensesive. Eli had a very good team so did Ben and Ben had to play against not very good teams.

actually, eli wasnt working with alot of weapons.. none of the top four guys were working with great weapons really.. eli, ben, rivers, or losman.. they were all the focus of their offense..

where as you take a guy like henson (who i absolutely hate, and am praying that you guys take him, and not the bills).. and look at what he was working with for his whole 8 game career (only 4 of which did he have good games).. he had david terrell and anthony thomas.. lol.. and still managed to have only 4 good games..

i dont want to get off on a henson rant.. but the guy has started exactly 8 games in the past 6 years of his life.. and has only had 4 strong games in six years.. if that doesnt spell disaster.. id ont know what does.. i know that stats arent the end all.. but the bills took a chance on a guy with similar "potential" once.. we all know how well rob johnson did for us... same MO.. strong arm.. moble.. can make all the throws.. blah blah blah.. just keep henson away from the bills and i will be happy.

but back to eli.. the guy played well.. not perfect, but very well.. and he was very good under pressure.. he did not have a great OLine.. but still put up good numbers.. as he has for his career.. and it is not a bad thing to have grown up around archie and peyton to bounce ideas off of.. you know.. i like the kid.. but dont really consider him for the bills, because there is no way in hell we get him.

I'm lookin at all the ESPN Insider stuff on Pickett from the senior bowl and I see nothing but negative.

Duffey says Pickett has struggled all week and that its spilled over into the game. Kiper is saying that Pickett's arm is very questionable. Meanwhile Todd McShay of Scouts Inc is saying that Harris impressed him during the week and is an interesting prospect

yeah.. i didnt see anything impressive about pickett in the game.. that is for sure.

and losman and rivers were the only two that i heard anyone raving about in the practices.

Back
Top Bottom