Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Ojulari

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
There, say they're both there at #18, which one would you rather have us take? I know the Award winning projects very well on Collins but there's no denying Ojulari's athleticism, and the tape and production he's put out there against Top competition.

I think Grier/Flo might like Ojulari better due to those two factors also.

Both are versatile. I'd say Collins, but have to factor in competition as you said.

That's going to be an interesting spot. What wide receivers are still on board, any offers to trade down?

I think if Miami takes a wide receiver at #3, defense could be the priority at #18.

Both are versatile. I'd say Collins, but have to factor in competition as you said.

That's going to be an interesting spot. What wide receivers are still on board, any offers to trade down?

I think if Miami takes a wide receiver at #3, defense could be the priority at #18.

Either in the draft or FA but we're gonna need someone who can play some degree of stack and shed LB. Even if we just blitz him from different angles on every play.

We need someone one spot right from Baker.

On a 4-3 that'd be a ROLB. I think Ojulari would have some potential in a defense like ours that likes to blitz/delay blitz its LBs in like 50% the downs.

Collins looks great in zone coverage but I have not seen enough tape of him playing man well and he only got 4 (less than half as many as Ojulari) sacks in 2020 against lesser competition.

Ojulari can actually man cover people with those hips and change of direction.

He's also not as good a pass rusher and while he's almost 20 pounds larger I think I like Ojulari against the run as an off LB better. I think he has the suddenness to disengage and the speed to make up for the times he misreads the run or short pass.

Collins's big plays are mostly ints from playing zone up the middle.

Ojulari was playing the 'Bamas, LSUs and the Auburns of the world.

I can't even name the schools Collins played in Tulsa off the top of my head.

Workouts will push Ojulari up.

Last edited:
Either in the draft or FA but we're gonna need someone who can play some degree of stack and shed LB. Even if we just blitz him from different angles on every play.

We need someone one spot right from Baker.

On a 4-3 that'd be a ROLB. I think Ojulari would have some potential in a defense like ours that likes to blitz/delay blitz its LBs in like 50% the downs.

Collins looks great in zone coverage but I have not seen enough tape of him playing man well and he only got 4 (less than half as many as Ojulari) sacks in 2020 against lesser competition.

Ojulari can actually man cover people with those hips and change of direction.

He's also not as good a pass rusher and while he's almost 20 pounds larger I think I like Ojulari against the run as an off LB better. I think he has the suddenness to disengage and the speed to make up for the times he misreads the run or short pass.

Collins's big plays are mostly ints from playing zone up the middle.

Ojulari was playing the 'Bamas, LSUs and the Auburns of the world.

I can't even name the schools Collins played in Tulsa off the top of my head.

Workouts will push Ojulari up.
Level of competition matters. It's one reason I have Marshall above Bateman at wr. He has dominated in the SEC. Could Bateman end up being better. Of course.

Will be interesting to see what Miami does at linebacker. One reason I'm so high on Collins is his play reminds me a little bit of Jason Taylor. He has come up big on big moments. But Tulsa's competition isn't as tough.

The Bronco Nagurski and Chuck Bednarik trophy winner played Oklahoma State, UCF, Cincinnatti, and SMU. They aren't any lesser than Miss State that spanked LSU by 10 at full strength and beat Tulsa by 2 in the bowl game.

None. Of. The. Above.

This team doesn’t need defense with a first round pick, people! Some are continuously missing the mark on this one.

MIA’s defense isn’t perfect. But it’s a major strength. And already a top 5 defense. IIRC they ended up #2 overall.

Can they look to improve defensively? Absolutely. They can add to the defense via FA or later in the draft.

But not in the 1st round, where it’s so much more likely to find good players that will help breath life into an average to below average offense.

Despite a few biased opinions, there aren’t any defensive players rated so highly that there isn’t a similar rated player offensively to be had.

When things are equal or close to it, go with the BPA that fits need. Specifically with your top picks. And offense is in much more dire need than defense. That point is inarguable.

None. Of. The. Above.

This team doesn’t need defense with a first round pick, people! Some are continuously missing the mark on this one.

MIA’s defense isn’t perfect. But it’s a major strength. And already a top 5 defense. IIRC they ended up #2 overall.

Can they look to improve defensively? Absolutely. They can add to the defense via FA or later in the draft.

But not in the 1st round, where it’s so much more likely to find good players that will help breath life into an average to below average offense.

Despite a few biased opinions, there aren’t any defensive players rated so highly that there isn’t a similar rated player offensively to be had.

When things are equal or close to it, go with the BPA that fits need. Specifically with your top picks. And offense is in much more dire need than defense. That point is inarguable.
Who you taking on offenose at 18? Bateman or Harris?

I go Collins. It is just very rare to find guys that size with that mobility. 260 and fluid hips don’t come around often. Ojulari plays on my favorite team and I really like him as a pass rusher, but I can’t put him ahead of Collins.

I go Collins. It is just very rare to find guys that size with that mobility. 260 and fluid hips don’t come around often. Ojulari plays on my favorite team and I really like him as a pass rusher, but I can’t put him ahead of Collins.
That is how i feel as well.

Collins looks like Brian Flores built his ultimate LB in a lab.

I am more likely to go OT at #18 than LB but if they go WR early I think it is one of those two positions.The value should match up with need there.

Could Collins be our version of Danta Hightower?

would it appropriate to add Ossai and Rousseau that list? Would that change things?

Collins
Ojulari
Ossai
Rousseau
Jones

would any of these guys make it to our 2A?

Rousseau would have to be considered. There isn’t much tape. That’s a hard evaluation. He just hasn’t played much, 1 year only.

Jones should fall into the second round.

Back
Top Bottom