Colts give Jonathan Taylor permission to be Traded | Page 183 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts give Jonathan Taylor permission to be Traded

Miamis price is obtain Taylor plummeting fast

Chubb signed a new contract last year, they are looking at like 13M in dead money for this season. He most likely will never be the same player again....next year they owe him like 14M, I have no idea if they can cut him.

I'm not a big fan of paying top dollar for RB's on a second contract. I think we should walk....just isn't worth it.

I could see Hunt and Fournette being signed soon to an AFC Central team, as well as Taylor still getting traded somewhere, hopefully here for the right price but I feel there will be higher bidders now that there's been some injuries. Also, look out for Cam Akers and Rashaad Penny being traded.

After watching the 1st two weeks let's do a little exercise for our runnningback horny segment of the fanbase and take a look at some of the high priced veteren RBs and see what they have done this year so far.

McCaffery 16 mil- 268 yards 6.4 ypc 2 tds. 1st place in rushing.

Kamara 15 mil- 0 yards and suspended for another week

Henry 12.5 Mil - 143 yards 3.6 ypc 1 TD. Tied 72nd in league ypc. 9th in total yards.

Chubb 12.2 Mil - out for season and maybe out forever.

Jacobs 11.7 mil - 46 yards 1.6 ypc. 0 tds. Dead last in YPC. Last in TDs 53rd in total yards

Jones 11.5 mil - 41 yards 4.6 ypc 1 TD. Pulled hamstring currently injured

Barkley 10 mil - 114 yards 3.9 ypc 1 TD also currently injured out for 3 to 4 weeks w high ankle sprain

Pollard 10 mil - 142 yards, 3.6 ypc 2 tds- tied 72nd in ypc

Cook 7 mil - 40 yards 2.4 ypc 0 TDs. Looks like ****

All these expensive rbs of the top 9, 3 are injured, 1 is suspended, 2 are playing like absolute garbage in Jacobs & Cook. One could argue all of them have not lived up to their contracts except McCaffery.

Now let's look at the guy you all wanted to get replaced by Cook or Taylor.

Moestert- 158 yards. 5.6 ypc. 3 TDs. Leading league in TDs. 7th in rushing and top 10 ypc for starting RBs.

WE DONT NEED AN OVERPRICED VETEREN RB!
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

After watching the 1st two weeks let's do a little exercise for our runnningback horny segment of the fanbase and take a look at some of the high priced veteren RBs and see what they have done this year so far.

McCaffery 16 mil- 268 yards 6.4 ypc 2 tds. 1st place in rushing.

Kamara 15 mil- 0 yards and suspended for another week

Henry 12.5 Mil - 143 yards 3.6 ypc 1 TD. Tied 72nd in league ypc. 9th in total yards.

Chubb 12.2 Mil - out for season and maybe out forever.

Jacobs 11.7 mil - 46 yards 1.6 ypc. 0 tds. Dead last in YPC. Last in TDs 53rd in total yards

Jones 11.5 mil - 41 yards 4.6 ypc 1 TD. Pulled hamstring currently injured

Barkley 10 mil - 114 yards 3.9 ypc 1 TD also currently injured out for 3 to 4 weeks w high ankle sprain

Pollard 10 mil - 142 yards, 3.6 ypc 2 tds- tied 72nd in ypc

Cook 7 mil - 40 yards 2.4 ypc 0 TDs. Looks like ****

All these expensive rbs of the top 9, 3 are injured, 1 is suspended, 2 are playing like absolute garbage in Jacobs & Cook. One could argue all of them have not lived up to their contracts except McCaffery.

Now let's look at the guy you all wanted to get replaced by Cook or Taylor.

Moestert- 158 yards. 5.6 ypc. 3 TDs. Leading league in TDs. 7th in rushing and top 10 ypc for starting RBs.

WE DONT NEED AN OVERPRICED VETEREN RB!
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

I agree we do not need to upgrade from
Mostert. However, depth is a big issue. If he goes down and we’re left with Ahmed and Achane I think we’re in trouble (until hopefully Achane is ready). Not sure when Wilson is supposed to get back but that will help. I still think we should be in the market for some more depth in the event of a Mostert injury.

I agree we do not need to upgrade from
Mostert. However, depth is a big issue. If he goes down and we’re left with Ahmed and Achane I think we’re in trouble (until hopefully Achane is ready). Not sure when Wilson is supposed to get back but that will help. I still think we should be in the market for some more depth in the event of a Mostert injury.
Yea im not taking about logical depth pieces. My post was aimed at the idiots who wanted to trade a 1st round pick and more for Taylor and make him a top 3 highest paid RB in the league.

I see it the other way. I would be in on Taylor. After seeing this offense first 2 weeks we would be unstoppable. No 3 safety looks. Pick your poison
The Dolphins are already facing a tough off season because of their cap situation and with them likely having to sign Tua to a new contract.

Taylor hasn’t played or practiced since the 2022 season and he is coming off surgery on his ankle. So there is no way to know how effective he will be in the 2023 season and trading for him would likely mean signing him to a contract that will likely make him the highest paid RB in the league.

This would only add to the cap problems they will have after this season is over. If they decide that they need to add another running back during the season. I would prefer Hunt or Fournette on a contract for the remainder of the year instead of trading for Taylor.

The Dolphins are already facing a tough off season because of their cap situation and with them likely having to sign Tua to a new contract.

Taylor hasn’t played or practiced since the 2022 season and he is coming off surgery on his ankle. So there is no way to know how effective he will be in the 2023 season and trading for him would likely mean signing him to a contract that will likely make him the highest paid RB in the league.

This would only add to the cap problems they will have after this season is over. If they decide that they need to add another running back during the season. I would prefer Hunt or Fournette on a contract for the remainder of the year instead of trading for Taylor.

I know cap is issue and understand. But I would be 100 percent in this year. Keep kicking it down the road like the saints did

Chubb signed a new contract last year, they are looking at like 13M in dead money for this season. He most likely will never be the same player again....next year they owe him like 14M, I have no idea if they can cut him.

I'm not a big fan of paying top dollar for RB's on a second contract. I think we should walk....just isn't worth it.
4MM Dead cap hit if they cut him. It's not terrible, but not ideal.

I think the Ravens and Browns are much more likely to trade for Taylor now after the injuries they have suffered at the RB position.

The Dolphins on the other hand really don’t appear to be in need of another RB at this time.
I dont think anyone caves to Irsay's ludicrous demands.

I know cap is issue and understand. But I would be 100 percent in this year. Keep kicking it down the road like the saints did
I know some fans feel this way.

What they have to realize is that a GM can't afford to take that approach without being explicitly directed by ownership to do so.

I know some fans feel this way.

What they have to realize is that a GM can't afford to take that approach without being explicitly directed by ownership to do so.
Ross has shown no issue spending money. I don’t think it’s an issue

After watching the last 2 weeks, this shouldn't even be a topic of discussion anymore IMO. Taylor doesn't add anything to our offense under McDaniel, since almost any "downhill runner" would excel with this scheme. The only 2 big name RBs in the league that would benefit the Fins would be Ekeler and McCaffrey because they're ELITE receiving options out of the backfield, which McDaniel would have a field day with. This is also probably why the 49ers swung big for CMAC, even though they usually went cheap at RB under Shanahan. Now if the Chargers keep losing and are willing to deal Ekeler...

Ross has shown no issue spending money. I don’t think it’s an issue
You said previously that you understood the cap. That statement indicates that you do not.

It doesn't matter how much money an owner has personally. He can have 100 billion dollars but he still has to follow the cap requirements the same as an owner who barely has 1 billion.

The issue for an owner from a business perspective is whether it is better or more profitable to field a competitive team for several years, or for one, then have a few really bad years. He wants to sell out the stadium at the highest ticket prices possible, sell concessions, etc.

It isn't in his best interest, in most cases, to take the approach you suggest.

Back
Top Bottom