Colts give Jonathan Taylor permission to be Traded | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts give Jonathan Taylor permission to be Traded

Haha, take all the bad contracts.
You noticed, huh?
Keep in mind if we trade for him it'd mean they're admitting they made a mistake drafting achane......JT wants big money that we don’t have and we're already down our 3rd and 4th round picks
It absolutely does not mean they made a mistake with Achane . They are in Win now mode, and adding JT is just icing on the cake 😉

Keep in mind if we trade for him it'd mean they're admitting they made a mistake drafting achane......JT wants big money that we don’t have and we're already down our 3rd and 4th round picks

I actually view Achane as the perfect complimentary back to a Jonathan Taylor type workhorse. Couldn’t think of a better fitting role for him, actually.

He was a third round pick. It’s okay to get “role player” value there, IMO. Primary return man, change of pace back, dynamic receiving back, and a threat every time he touches the ball….. he doesn’t have to be a feature back/RB1 for that to go down as a solid pick.

I actually view Achane as the perfect complimentary back to a Jonathan Taylor type workhorse. Couldn’t think of a better fitting role for him, actually.

He was a third round pick. It’s okay to get “role player” value there.
Bingo

I don't look at it this way. I think they look at it as a way to improve the roster. Just like the Tyreek trade after they signed Wilson. Sometimes you have to play with the hand your dealt and other times you're allowed to throw in some cards and get new ones.

Imagine if the Phins could pull off a deal like they did for Ramsey. It may not take as much as people think to get Taylor. I'm thinking Cedric Wilson (their WR's are crap), Jeff Wilson (outside of Taylor their RB's are crap) and maybe an ascending secondary player (their CB's are crap).

Last edited:
No. If anything they made a mistake re-signing Moestert and Wilson so quick.

Taylor makes a ton of sense if your intention is to stick with Tua long term.

Having a dominant back like Taylor extends his viability (Tua's) as the long term answer and protects his health by reducing the wear and tear on his body. Look at what Ricky did for Fiedler - Now imagine that level of dominance and would it could do for the NFLs QBR leader last year.

Give Tua a couple of years of reduced workload as his body continues to evolve and strengthen... As Tua starts to peak in his 20's it could be a godsend.

Sign me up for this.

Back
Top Bottom