comparing miami/buffalo in the air | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

comparing miami/buffalo in the air

Bobby Humphrey

I got cut
Reaction score
to not upset our not-so-fine buffalo buddies i thought i better compare the air stats too. (i compared the ground stats before if you have not read it) i hate those fans who are "blind" towards there own team's weaknesses, so i will use this post to prove to myself i am not one of those fans.

miami had 2890 yards which was 26th in the nf.l (ouch) 180.6 a game
buffalo had 3995 yards which was 5th in the nfl. 249.7 a game

miami averaged 6.4 a attempt
buffalo averaged 6.5 a attempt

miami had 18 TDs in the air which was 25th in the nfl
buffalo had 24 TDs in the air which was tied for 11th in the nfl

miami was picked 3.3 % of there passes
buffalo was picked 2.5% of there passes

miami completed 59.6% of there passes which was 19th in the nfl
buffalo completed 61.6% of there passes which was tied for 10th in the nfl

it should be noted that buffalo averaged 9.8 more attempts a game than miami had.

excuse me while i go cry myself to sleep now.

Buffalo was primary a passing team last season because their defense was horrible. Our defense is awesome and it allows us to pound the ball with Ricky. The Bills should do the same with Henry, he's no Ricky but he's a good power back. Although the Bills passing attack is better than ours I say we have a much more well-rounded offense. We could pass effectively and have one of the best backs in the league. I'd rather have our offense than last years Buffalo offense. They wish they could've ran Henry like we ran Ricky. Albeit both backs have fumbling issues.

Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
to not upset our not-so-fine buffalo buddies i thought i better compare the air stats too. (i compared the ground stats before if you have not read it) i hate those fans who are "blind" towards there own team's weaknesses, so i will use this post to prove to myself i am not one of those fans.

miami had 2890 yards which was 26th in the nf.l (ouch) 180.6 a game
buffalo had 3995 yards which was 5th in the nfl. 249.7 a game

miami averaged 6.4 a attempt
buffalo averaged 6.5 a attempt

miami had 18 TDs in the air which was 25th in the nfl
buffalo had 24 TDs in the air which was tied for 11th in the nfl

miami was picked 3.3 % of there passes
buffalo was picked 2.5% of there passes

miami completed 59.6% of there passes which was 19th in the nfl
buffalo completed 61.6% of there passes which was tied for 10th in the nfl

it should be noted that buffalo averaged 9.8 more attempts a game than miami had.

excuse me while i go cry myself to sleep now.

Dolphins had a QB name Ray Lucas starting for six games.

Why would you cry? The Dolphins averaged almost the same yards per pass, had only six less TDs while averaging 10 LESS passes a game, (which figures out to 170 less attempts for the season) and had almost the same completion percentage.

All of this with six games worth of stats being mangled by Lucas.

cool pic. Have you seen the Rock in Rio DVD?

up the irons!!

Pagan is right. Before Fiedler got hurt we were very effective in the passing game.

With Lucas in we changed completely our strategy because he wasn't able to find any open receivers and was constantly picked. We started to pound the ball even more with Williams and it was the only thing we were able to do so we stay with that play-calling even when Fiedler came back because he wasn't completely heal.

And even with that we manage to put good stats compare to the Bills...You could make a case that we had decent stats because teams put 8 men in the box to stop Williams and it would be true, but it illustrates even more the kind of season Williams had last year.

Ok, you've proven that the Bills have better numbers in the air. Now at least be fair and compare the rushing stats. That might put a smile back on your sad little face. :)

i did show the rushing stats first on a different thread.

i like to cry myself to sleep. that part was meant as a possitive thing.

i was very happy when i found out miami only averaged 0.1 yards less per attempt.

i only showed the passing numbers to be nice to the nills fans. now they will have something to look back on to be happy about come jan when we got our selves another superbowl title.

This puts it into prespective.

Offensive Leaders AFC
RNK: NAME-- YDS YPG RUSH RUSH YPG PASS PASS YPG PTS PTS/G
6 --Buffalo -5591 349.4 1596 ----99.8 3995 ---249.7-- 379 23.7
7 ----Miami 5392 337.0 2502 ---156.4 2890 --180.6-- 378 23.6

For all the talk about Buf's O..they were only 1 up on us in rank.

They beat our O by 201 yards for the season.
.1 points avg. per game and only by 1 point in scoring.

They had their starting O the whole year..We went without our starting QB for 6 games, our starting #1 receiver for 2-3 games,
our starting #2 WR for 10 games..Our starting LT for 2-3 games,
our starting LG for 2-3 games.

They can't blame first year for O, because it was our first year in Norv's O. Bottom line our O was just as efficient as their O, they did though the air, we did it on the ground.

But it really makes no difference, we both watched the playoffs from home. Non of these stats were good enough for both teams.

Why are you guys comparing the fins and the bills? Ya'll worried about us?

Miami's running game and Bills passing game were both better than the bucs. Who are the champs? Worry about the results , not the stats.

we don't need to worry about the dolphins/bills results because lately buffalo is always in last place. ;)

Originally posted by justafan
Why are you guys comparing the fins and the bills? Ya'll worried about us?

Miami's running game and Bills passing game were both better than the bucs. Who are the champs? Worry about the results , not the stats.

That was my bottom line point Justa, stats didn't mean diddly squat in the final analysis...And no, I don't think we're not just worried about you, but all our opponents..You're all in our way.
We want to pouch on you and all the rest of them, until you guys submit to our will..and we take home the W.

Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
we don't need to worry about the dolphins/bills results because lately buffalo is always in last place. ;)

I Said nothing bad about the fins. However just to respond to your statement, lately the fins haven't beaten the bills. Is this why you started a bills-fins comparison?

They can't blame first year for O, because it was our first year in Norv's O. Bottom line our O was just as efficient as their O, they did though the air, we did it on the ground

Did you forget it was our first year under Gilbrides sytem with a new qb and pratically new OL?

Originally posted by justafan

Did you forget it was our first year under Gilbrides sytem with a new qb and pratically new OL?

No, I didn't, that's why I used the analysis...We were in the same boat as you, New LT, New LG, New RB, New TE, New #1 WR, New O...we went throught the same changes. Basically we both got the same results. We just lost more players along the way.

Back
Top Bottom