concerning the 2 point conversion attempt | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

concerning the 2 point conversion attempt

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The decision to go for two was the right one at the time. That is what you are supposed to do in that situation.

According to the "chart" it is. Now, what I wanna know, who the hell came up with the chart? Was there a committee? Can the chart change?

Originally posted by Prime Time
The two point conversion was the right decision at that point in time. If we had gone for one and lost becuase of one point...you would all be screaming for Wanny's head. Let's face reality....most of you want Wannstedt gone (although he has been a damn good coach) and Jay gone etc. You guys complain week in and week out when we make a mistake or lose..get over yourselves. They are both here for now so just wait until the offseaosn before you start taking firings and hirings.

Huh?!?!?!? Look this is a fair debate and it is not a legitimate argument to simply imply that those who criticize the decision to go for 2 are motivated by a dislike for Wannstedt or Jay (really do not get the connection there????). If you read my comments I knew someone would simply say that this is an excuse to bash Wannstedt, so I made sure to explain that I support him, that he should not be fired, and that this was simply a disagreement with his decision. Please understand that someone can disagree with a decision or even the "book" on what you are supposed to do when the score is a 5 point lead without being accused of complaining and bashing. While I agree with you that Wannstedt is a good coach, it speaks volumes that you failed to address the arguments that (a) the 2 point conversion is low percentage play; (2) our defense is far more likely to give up 2 FG's than a touchdown, and (3) with almost a full quarter left it is too early to sacrifice the sure thing point after.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The decision to go for two was the right one at the time. That is what you are supposed to do in that situation.

Why is it correct? We miss and 2 FGs beat us and did. They weren't scoring TDs anyway except for the "fluke" so why should they be in the "thinking TD" frame of mind anyway? If we kicked the point, we go to OT and have another chance. Sure, if we made the 2, we win. Another example of Wanny's playing not to lose mentality. But we lost anyway.

Back
Top Bottom