Conference Predictions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Conference Predictions

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
In the last year of college football as we know it before realignment begins next year, curious to see who everyone predicts as their conference winners...

ACC: Miami over Florida St.

Big-12(-2): Nebraska over Oklahoma (I would love to see this rivalry game one last time...for all the Big-12 marbles)

Big East: Pittsburgh

Big-10(+1): Ohio St.

SEC: Alabama over Florida

MWC: TCU

MAC: Temple over Northern Illinois (that's right... Bernard Pierce and Adrian Robinson are legitimate NFL talents)

C-USA: Southern Miss over Houston

Pac-10(+2..or 3...or whatever): Oregon St.

WAC: Boise St.

Sun Belt: Troy

Last edited by a moderator:
i can play this game

acc: va tech over clemson

big 12: texas over nebraska

big east: wow this one is tough. cincy, louisville, pitt, USF, and WV all have a decent shot to be good. i'm gonna give the nod to cincy b/c of the huge chip left on their shoulder by brian kelly.

big 10: ohio st. duh.

SEC: florida over alabama. shut up.

mwc: TCU. another duh.

mac: who cares. temple over northern illinois is the obvious choice. i'll be different and say kent st. over western michigan.

c-usa: houston over southern miss

pac 10: oregon st. nice knowin ya USC.

wac: boise st. duh again.

sun belt: mtsu

where the hell is the most important prediction of all? :lol:

florida over ohio st.

ACC : Miami over FSU

Big 12 : Oklahoma over Nebraska

Big East: WVU (Wanny can find a way to screw it up with the best team in the conference)

Big 10: Ohio State (Is there anybody else?)

SEC: Alabama over Georgia (Think Georgia is going to surprise some folks this year. After a down year, Richt always seems to turn it around quick.)

MWC: TCU

MAC: Temple (Just looks weird typing Temple)

C-USA : Memphis

Pac-10 : Oregon St. (Darkhorse: Arizona)

WAC: Boise State (Nevada may give them a run for their money)

Sun Belt: Middle Tennessee State

Don't know about the NC game yet.

ACC: Miami Hurricanes

Big 12: Texas Longhorns

Big East: Cinncinati Bearcats

Big 10: Ohio State Buckeyes

SEC: Florida Gators

MWC: TCU Horned Frogs

C-USA: Houston Cougars

Pac 10: USC Trojans (Yes, I said it)

WAC: Boise State Broncos

MAC: Temple Owls

Bama goes back to back...don't care about the other sub-titles.

ACC: Miami Hurricanes

Big 12: Texas Longhorns

Big East: Cinncinati Bearcats

SEC: Florida Gators

Pac 10: USC Trojans (Yes, I said it)

MAC prediction?

Who is Bama going to play in the title game?

I'm saving my title game prediction for a few more weeks....

If Boise St beats VT,it will be them.
IF VT wins, Ohio St.
Bama pimp slaps either one.

ACC: Virginia Tech Hokies

Big 12: Nebraska Cornhuskers

Big East: Pittsburgh Panthers

SEC: Albama Crimson Tide

MAC: Temple Owls

Pac 10: USC Trojans

Sun Belt: Florida International

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I think Alabama's schedule is too tough to overcome. I can see them easily dropping two games when you consider that they play so many teams coming off a bye week. I think Alabama is better than every team on the schedule, but you begin factoring in those bye weeks, the brutality of the SEC, the giant bullseye painted on their backs...I just think it's too much.

I think the two teams with the easiest road to the title game are Boise State and Ohio State. I think Boise State whacks Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech is a better team with better athletes, but you put Boise State in a one big game like this with so much to prove, they're going to put all of their eggs in one basket and take it to the Hokies. The only potential loss I see for the Buckeyes are to the Hurricanes...and how likely is that when we're going to the Shoe with Rarry Shoker calling the shots. Ol' sweater vest will coach circles around that baboon. It'll be tough for the Hurricanes to pull this one out but it wouldn't surprise me seeing as how Randy typically has these kids ready to play BIG early in the season. We took down Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Oklahoma last season and gave Florida all they could handle in 2008.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell right there... Bama is better than every team on their schedule but it's likely they slip up somewhere this season, especially since losing so many key pieces on the defensive side of the ball. The brutality of the SEC schedule combined with so many teams having 2 weeks to prepare and be fresh for Bama is a recipe for a 1-2 loss season...

Miami is going to be the more talented team when they take on Ohio St. in the Shoe, and it's not even really that close IMO... The problem is like you said, the head coach has to be able to match wits with the Vest... Saban would take that Miami team into Columbus and win by 10 points...

The only thing I may differ on is Boise marching over VT.... Peterson is a great coach, but he's not going to out coach ol' leatherface on the other sideline... and Bud Foster is the best coach in the country who doesn't have a head coaching job (him or Muschamp)...

I don't think Boise can hold up to VT's almost SEC style downhill rushing attack featuring 2 legitimate NFL running backs and a physical offensive line....

This is the game that Boise St. can finally make a believer out of me... If they can beat VT in D.C., they'll cruise to the title game... but they'll be largely untested the rest of the way as usual...

Unfortunately I think Alabama's schedule is too tough to overcome. I can see them easily dropping two games when you consider that they play so many teams coming off a bye week. I think Alabama is better than every team on the schedule, but you begin factoring in those bye weeks, the brutality of the SEC, the giant bullseye painted on their backs...I just think it's too much.

I think the two teams with the easiest road to the title game are Boise State and Ohio State. I think Boise State whacks Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech is a better team with better athletes, but you put Boise State in a one big game like this with so much to prove, they're going to put all of their eggs in one basket and take it to the Hokies. The only potential loss I see for the Buckeyes are to the Hurricanes...and how likely is that when we're going to the Shoe with Rarry Shoker calling the shots. Ol' sweater vest will coach circles around that baboon. It'll be tough for the Hurricanes to pull this one out but it wouldn't surprise me seeing as how Randy typically has these kids ready to play BIG early in the season. We took down Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Oklahoma last season and gave Florida all they could handle in 2008.

Explain that last part to me considering the final score was 26-3 in favor of the Gators.

Explain that last part to me considering the final score was 26-3 in favor of the Gators.

already had this discussion with a few canes on this board. you're gonna get the classic 'the game was closer than the final score indicated' argument. which is kinda true b/c we had to put up 17 points in the 4th to make it look that lopsided - but miami's offense couldn't do anything that day. 79 passing yards and 61 rushing yards is all they could muster. it will always come back to that.

It was 9-3 at the beginning of the 4th. Not saying Miami would've won, but the game changed completely on that Louis Murphy "catch". It was a terrible call.

Miami was terrible on offense, I will admit that. But they played Florida tough for a little over 3 quarters.

Oh yeah, and Urban kicked a field goal to make it 26-3 with about 30 seconds left in the game..........had to cover that spread.

Back
Top Bottom