Congemi's Takeaways From Ota No. 9 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congemi's Takeaways From Ota No. 9

Sounds like a better than three win team to me.
I agree. A lot would have to go wrong for a 3-win season. That can happen to any football team, but I think it's more likely Miami makes a playoff run. I think the offense will take a significant step forward.

Here's what I see:

1. Finally some Dime and 3-Safety work on defense. Do you realize they used Dime last year a total of SEVEN times? That's it. The rest of the league uses Dime on like 1 of 6 snaps.

2. More talk about Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant as a pair, working the field together in their own personnel package. This is fantastic. Very similar to what KC did with Tyreek Hill and Albert Wilson, also to what Dowell Loggains experience as the QB Coach in Cleveland back in 2014 with Taylor Gabriel (whom he explicitly compared to Jakeem Grant) and Andrew Hawkins (who compares favorably to Albert Wilson).

3. Any talk about Mike Gesicki dominating during practice is going to get the juices flowing. He's a dominant athlete and will have a ton of opportunities in Gase's offense, which uses a lot of Y-ISO.

LyWZifO.gif

Don't feel bad, everyone has a drinking problem during the off-season.

I think the only take aways from camp are:

1. No serious injuries
2. No hold outs/all players showed up
3. Ryan, Raekwon, Lippett all we’re film participants rebounding from major surgeries.

Mike Gesicki for the win. Music to my ears.

I'm between shocked and ecstatic we got Gesicki. I'm not a Tom Brady leg-hugger but I am of Gronk. We now have our own Gronk, I'm gonna call him Geese or maybe we'll be calling him Sicko by the seasons end.

Ota's 2 weeks ago with Ryan

Kid's a beast.

He will leave it all on the stage.

Last edited:
Here's what I see:

1. Finally some Dime and 3-Safety work on defense. Do you realize they used Dime last year a total of SEVEN times? That's it. The rest of the league uses Dime on like 1 of 6 snaps.

2. More talk about Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant as a pair, working the field together in their own personnel package. This is fantastic. Very similar to what KC did with Tyreek Hill and Albert Wilson, also to what Dowell Loggains experience as the QB Coach in Cleveland back in 2014 with Taylor Gabriel (whom he explicitly compared to Jakeem Grant) and Andrew Hawkins (who compares favorably to Albert Wilson).

3. Any talk about Mike Gesicki dominating during practice is going to get the juices flowing. He's a dominant athlete and will have a ton of opportunities in Gase's offense, which uses a lot of Y-ISO.

I think the offense has a chance to be exciting. It looks to me like Gase is finally putting together the talent he wants on this unit. I think the addition of Gesicki will be huge and the speed package is something I personally can't wait to see.

I try not to put my 2018 expectations for Gesicki too high . Just give us a few glimpses of what the future might hold, enough so that the opposing defense has to adjust some to handle his threat.

Last edited:
Gesicki should be that red zone target that has been missing much to long. Field goals are not enough.

Back
Top Bottom