Connor Williams is not coming back to any team... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Connor Williams is not coming back to any team...

Interesting - I don't quite read it that way - I read it as it was a severe tear that he's rehabbing and is taking that as priority over getting a contract- doesn't read to me that it's potentially career threatening - but maybe that's just me...

Don’t they do cadaver transplants now?
Honestly I dont know. There are degrees for any injury like this, for his agent to be this frank about it being a while before he can really consider signing with anyone means this injury had to have been well outside of the norm. Without a more detailed report of how things were damaged its hard to know what his repair options are. I feel bad for the guy, its the risk of playing out the final year of a contract.

His timeline is probably to either take a year off, or possibly come back mid season to a team that either needs depth or has a starter go down.

Sucks for him. Hope he can get back in the mix one day for someone. It has to suck knowing your career might be over....

This title is not accurate. He hasn't retired and is focused on his recovery. Clickbait is bad, brother.

This title is not accurate. He hasn't retired and is focused on his recovery. Clickbait is bad, brother.
What do you mean? There was nothing mentioned about retirement, just that he isnt coming back to any team right now...

Did anyone actually listen to the interview or just browse the trash Phinphanatic garbage? Goddam that site is awful.

When Drew was asked specifically if it this could linger into the season "its something we're going to have to monitor during the offseason. I dont see it being an immediate future thing, but I do think its somewhat fluid."

Man sucks for him. I hope he recovers fully. And this, again, is another reason why you can't blame players for wanting to get paid. So stop acting like they're greedy people people

What do you mean? There was nothing mentioned about retirement, just that he isnt coming back to any team right now...
nothing close to retirement was said- just that his injury was rough and he's focusing on his rehab - which somehow turned into his career is over - pretty crazy times.

Don’t they do cadaver transplants now?
Yes they do. I have a cadaver in both knees. They can be a quicker and better overall recovery. But I am an average size human and not a pro athlete. The first one I couldn’t walk on because I also tore my meniscus. A ‘bucket handle’ tear which is why I couldn’t put pressure on it. The second one only tore my acl so I was able to walk on it almost normal almost right away. Just couldn’t fully extend or go up and down stairs very easily.

Him being a huge person I’m sure makes it that much more complicated. Or there could be more damage.

nothing close to retirement was said- just that his injury was rough and he's focusing on his rehab - which somehow turned into his career is over - pretty crazy times.
I know. I never said that the article mentioned retirement. I just said its has to suck knowing your career MIGHT be over. And that's a reality he might be facing. Otherwise, his agent would be trying to get him signed. You aren't guaranteed to recover from an ACL tear. Pretty crazy times for sure.

Man sucks for him. I hope he recovers fully. And this, again, is another reason why you can't blame players for wanting to get paid. So stop acting like they're greedy people people
Well, if a player already had made several million dollars, that's enough to retire on. That is, unless you're a complete idiot and waste it on big houses, expensive cars and bling, or maybe 10 kids and the baby mamas. And for a player who has already made 20 million and is set to make 10 million more, if he holds out because he wants another 15 million instead of 10, then he's greedy... and there is no denying that.

The door is absolutely still open for him to come back.

Perhaps he had issues with his surgery or there was some sort of an infection that required follow-up procedures.

Regardless, he was a great player when healthy and I have no doubt that Miami would welcome him back with open arms if he was ready to play.

Also, been a while since I've been here. Hope y'all are doing well
They’d welcome him back on a minimum deal otherwise he’s not coming back

Well, if a player already had made several million dollars, that's enough to retire on. That is, unless you're a complete idiot and waste it on big houses, expensive cars and bling, or maybe 10 kids and the baby mamas. And for a player who has already made 20 million and is set to make 10 million more, if he holds out because he wants another 15 million instead of 10, then he's greedy... and there is no denying that.
I understand that train of thought. I do... but... the ratio of pay the league make compared to these guys is small for the players. And it is the players that risk their bodies and short careers here. So they try to get as much as they can while they can because nothing is promised after that. I don't blame them and will never fault them.

Back
Top Bottom