Conspiracy theory? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Conspiracy theory?

I don't buy the disciplined angle. Look at the following play-by-play pages for each of the three Patriots playoff games and search for the word "holding". You'll find that not a single holding penalty was called on the Patriots during a pass play.
* Against Tennessee Brady had 53 pass attempts, during which NE had no holding calls: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201801130nwe.htm#all_pbp
* Against Jacksonville Brady had 38 pass attempts, during which NE had no holding calls: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201801210nwe.htm#all_pbp
* Against Philadelphia Brady had 48 pass attempts, during which NE had no holding calls: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201802040nwe.htm#all_pbp

I know that the NFL has fewer penalties in the playoffs, but I'm supposed to believe that in 139 pass attempts, not a single NE lineman, RB, or TE held? Against those defensive lines? Sell that nonsense elsewhere.

I don't buy the disciplined angle. Look at the following play-by-play pages for each of the three Patriots playoff games and search for the word "holding". You'll find that not a single holding penalty was called on the Patriots during a pass play.
* Against Tennessee Brady had 53 pass attempts, during which NE had no holding calls: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201801130nwe.htm#all_pbp
* Against Jacksonville Brady had 38 pass attempts, during which NE had no holding calls: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201801210nwe.htm#all_pbp
* Against Philadelphia Brady had 48 pass attempts, during which NE had no holding calls: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201802040nwe.htm#all_pbp

I know that the NFL has fewer penalties in the playoffs, but I'm supposed to believe that in 139 pass attempts, not a single NE lineman, RB, or TE held? Against those defensive lines? Sell that nonsense elsewhere.

If you watch closely their offensive line is holding on most plays especially their center Andrews they just never get called.

Disciplined team. Has nothing to do with officials or any conspiracy. It’s actually quite simple why they consistently good
Ridiculous. Some penalties i.e holding, occur when you are physically beaten and you are trying to protect your QB. They have a solid Oline, but they are not 5 pro bowL caliber players.
It defies logic that they had no offensive penalties through 2 playoff games, especially considering the type of defense Jacksonville has. Discipline doesn’t prevent you from being beaten by a physically better player.
There are a lot of non calls when the Pats are on offense.

Ridiculous. Some penalties i.e holding, occur when you are physically beaten and you are trying to protect your QB. They have a solid Oline, but they are not 5 pro bowL caliber players.
It defies logic that they had no offensive penalties through 2 playoff games, especially considering the type of defense Jacksonville has. Discipline doesn’t prevent you from being beaten by a physically better player.
There are a lot of non calls when the Pats are on offense.
Go cry about refs if you want. NE will cut you if you turn over the football or commit penalties. Suh gets flagged every game and we lose our cool and fight multiple times a year. We’ve been among the most penalized teams the last two years. This is a direct correlation with our record

It was amazing to me to see the pats not get the benefit of the doubt on replay.

And multiple times even. Football gods maybe doing us all a solid
There was so much negative talk about the Patriots before the SB I could see why they didn't get the benefit of the doubt on replay. I hate the patriots, but some of those calls could have been overturned IMO.

Smart, they are cheaters through and through. Theres been way too many allegations for this to not be the case. From Mike Martz, Peyton Manning, Panthers GM in the pats 2nd SB, etc.
When BB's best buddy took the HC job for the Fins, he had the offices swept for bugs... That tells you all you need to know...

When BB's best buddy took the HC job for the Fins, he had the offices swept for bugs... That tells you all you need to know...
Amy source on that? Because that is pretty interesting

Just read the book in my avatar.
I am sure some of the Spygate issues are still in play for the Patriots (i.e. extended communication to the QB). The NFL and the Patriots did narrow Spygate successfully to some "taping pregame". But that was never the real issue.

Disciplined team. Has nothing to do with officials or any conspiracy. It’s actually quite simple why they consistently good
um - the Pats don't hold or it doesn't get called? At best they've been well coached to hide their holding. Likely is that the refs "help" because the money acknowledges the league needs to keep TB12 around. Unlikely - straight up full conspiracy.

um - the Pats don't hold or it doesn't get called? At best they've been well coached to hide their holding. Likely is that the refs "help" because the money acknowledges the league needs to keep TB12 around. Unlikely - straight up full conspiracy.
Oh...it’s the refs that make them good? Lmfao!!

Oh...it’s the refs that make them good? Lmfao!!

I didn't say that. The Patriots are good - that's not debatable. I go so far as to say they are great.

I just think you are naive if you can't imagine a scenario where the refs intentionally favor them because it is more profitable for the league. Business in America is fairly corrupt when you get through the facade. NFL is no different and there's plenty of evidence of corruption in sports over the years. Why you find the notion of the refs helping out teams in the NFL so outside the realm of possibility is beyond me. So keep laughing and wearing the rose colored glasses. When I watch games I see inexplicable officiating that is either explained by shear incompetence or willful attempts to influence outcomes.

Back
Top Bottom