Could Eddie Moore play safety? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Eddie Moore play safety?

I really think that would be a bad idea. He lacks the coverage skills to play safety. And if he did play safety it would be Strong where we just got Tebucky Jones to start. I think that would be a bad idea

No way. Dont know where the idea came from!!! Bell and Bua as possible dark horse for safety.

YES! It's been far too long since we've had a "Move So and So to Safety" thread.

I really don't get it... I know that some people try to get value from someone, but its like this. If someone has played LB for their career, and they aren't starting material -- what makes you think they can relearn a NEW POSITION and become a starter? Its not as if he has any supreme skills or unbelievable athletic prowess.

ItalianDolFan said:
i think Saban just likes TALL guys no matter what. He is signing all of these TALL offensive lineman, TALL defensive lineman, TALLER linebackers. I think Saban wants a team full of GIGANTIC guys...psychologically, its intimidating/scary to go against a defense or offense full of gigantic black guys.

:roflmao: You are nuckin futz. I tend to agree with what you are saying, until the last sentence -- a little strange way of putting it.

Why does everyone say he sucks so bad? I understand it was a reach and we could have gotten Boldin, but still Moore didn't play bad at ALL when he was in, actually he played fairly well. I understand it was a bad pick but that doesn't mean he is a bad player...give the guy a shot.

ItalianDolFan said:
...psychologically, its intimidating/scary to go against a defense or offense full of gigantic black guys.

Don't forget white guys can be intimidating/scary too! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Hell, as a Hispanic, I would like to start the "draft Colon (Tackle out of UF)cuz he's a tall/intimidating/scary Cuban"!:wink:

C'mon, I'll tell you what's scary...not being able to stop a jugurnaut offense or being able to put up points on a kick *** defense. That can get into your head real quick-like.

PhiNomina said:
Why does everyone say he sucks so bad? I understand it was a reach and we could have gotten Boldin, but still Moore didn't play bad at ALL when he was in, actually he played fairly well. I understand it was a bad pick but that doesn't mean he is a bad player...give the guy a shot.

I think i'm the only one who agrees with you Phinomina. Moore was a bad pick but he's not a bad player when healthy. My only knock against him is he's brittle like Konrad.

I think we have a better chance of seeing Eddie Money play safety for us.

DonShula84 said:
How bout we get a safety to play the safety position :shakeno:
no that would mean the end of the "lets move (insert name) to safety!!!" threads!!!:lol:

Tony Bua will be around longer then Moore because he is a SEC guy who Saban seems to favor.

MelbournePhin said:
anytime somebody mentions eddie moore on this board, i keep getting reminded of not picking anquan boldin. makes me angry
And who wanted to draft him? None other than Rick Spielman!

Does anyone agree that when we start talking about "moving" a guy from one postion to another that it is code for "sucks" at the current postion?

Back
Top Bottom