Could FA's Have 2nd Thoughts in Coming to Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could FA's Have 2nd Thoughts in Coming to Miami?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Normally FA's are all about the money and little else but, this Dolphins team is not the norm. The FO and coaches have been ripped by many, and I can see where some may not want to be here, especially on the OL.

We have a new OC, very likely a new OL coach, and the new GM and HC are far from assured from being here next year. This would give me some concerns, which could change my interest. It is possible that the team could change things yet again after this year, and new people may want new schemes and their own players.

This can matter for vet FA's with families, who would prefer some semblance of stability.

Your thoughts?

IMHO..Miami is not exactly a great place for families. I grew up in south Florida and it is not the same or as nice as it used to be.
Players (wives and kids) that are accustomed to country living or small towns would not like it here.
Single or unmarried would probably love it here though.
I suppose if you pay them enough, most would tough it out for a few years in an isolated gated community.
This issue should die down now. In a few months, it will be behind us. I doubt a FA will be concerned knowing that the **** storm that went on down here.
The draft picks would have no choice about where they are going.

Money makes the world go round. If cared about playing for certain teams, Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, etc. wouldn't sign any free agents. Money will make them come play.

So based on recent threads, Miami is being fined $500,000, having our 1st and 2nd round pick removed and no free agents will want to come here. Am I caught up yet?

IMHO..Miami is not exactly a great place for families. I grew up in south Florida and it is not the same or as nice as it used to be.
Players (wives and kids) that are accustomed to country living or small towns would not like it here.
Single or unmarried would probably love it here though.
I suppose if you pay them enough, most would tough it out for a few years in an isolated gated community.
This issue should die down now. In a few months, it will be behind us. I doubt a FA will be concerned knowing that the **** storm that went on down here.
The draft picks would have no choice about where they are going.

I agree for normal families but, not those of FA's making multimillion's. There are many areas which are family oriented, with great schools and the like. As for the country type folks, I was at a friend's in Davie a few weeks ago. I enjoyed seeing his horses but, passed on watching him kill and butcher a pig for our bar-b-que. lol

Point is that because of the lack of stability with this team, Some may not want to risk moving, and possibly moving again next year. That would play into a decision if it were me.

If im a FA O-lineman Miami is #1 on my list to go to. Starter role is easy to obtain, more money based on desire to improve the worst OL last year. To go along with that its a team that was 1 win away from the playoffs, and its south Florida, a beautiful place to live.

So based on recent threads, Miami is being fined $500,000, having our 1st and 2nd round pick removed and no free agents will want to come here. Am I caught up yet?

LOL. Most FA's will follow the money. All I'm saying here in targeting the OL, where we need 4 or 5 starters, is that if 1 or 2 decide that they don't want to "mess with this mess" it will make a difference.

If im a FA O-lineman Miami is #1 on my list to go to. Starter role is easy to obtain, more money based on desire to improve the worst OL last year. To go along with that its a team that was 1 win away from the playoffs, and its south Florida, a beautiful place to live.

Good points. I would add if I want to play for a team that will have a good working environment and want to make a difference then Miami is where I would look at. You can be sure with all this Miami will become a good working environment if not one of the best because Miami will be watched over like a hawk.

I'm pretty sure, that because one guy basically called another guy a fat *****, it wont stop other grown men to come here and play for millions of dollars. Especially when neither one are even on the team anymore.. Just my opinion

For a starter's role on the OL, the top FA's are guaranteed that no matter where they go. Again, my main question is not knowing if you would fit or be wanted in a year.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Back
Top Bottom