Could FA's Have 2nd Thoughts in Coming to Miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could FA's Have 2nd Thoughts in Coming to Miami?

Grimes, Mckinney, and Soliai have absolutely made it well known they want to stay in Miami.

That doesnt sound like a bad thing if agents and players look at this situation with a renewed spirit.

I still think resigning Mckinney cheap would be a nice bridge away from this mess. A guy who got a peek into what happened and can help new guys deal with it with some reality.

The reality that one guy went to far and the other guy never let anyone know something bad is happening.

This whole ordeal chalks up media frenzy vs. Incognito. Incog gone.

Would you turn down $20 million dollars because the boss that was fired at a new company was a dick?

No.

Free agents will still come to Miami, they want the big $$ or they would stay with their current teams. See Buffalo signing Mario Williams. They offered up big money he came running!

Yes, some players will have second thoughts about coming to Miami and anyone that thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

I think that's fair to say. If guaranteed money is close, some may choose to take a little less for some stability for them and their families.

So based on recent threads, Miami is being fined $500,000, having our 1st and 2nd round pick removed and no free agents will want to come here. Am I caught up yet?

holy dramatic. He didn't say no free agent would come here. It was more of a question if they may think twice once offers come in. If money is close and Miami is slightly offering more, there very well could be FA's that take the resent events into consideration and go else where. I think you're kidding yourself if you don't think its a possibility.

Any free agent that really wants to win will not come here. Any free agent in it for the money will be glad to come...

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

So based on recent threads, Miami is being fined $500,000, having our 1st and 2nd round pick removed and no free agents will want to come here. Am I caught up yet?

And somehow in "your world" this is all made up by the press and we will somehow be given a medal for all this...

See how that works...

Every person is different. Some players likely go where ever their wives want to go. Some players may prefer the north, or south, or east, or west coast. Some players will go with the highest pay check. The smart ones consider much more than just money.....like surroundings, family, friends, job security, weather, quality of life.

My biggest fear is that we may fail to resign Grimes.

I think Grimes is not part of this discussion. He gets along with Coyle, had a fabulous year, and can play for any coach in any system. It's just like you go cover that WR, and thanks for doing it so well. His only concern would be a youth movement after this year.

Almost, don't forget Fire Philbin, Tannehill sucks, fair weather fans, sucky logo and the crapper on the team plane is out of toilet paper. Now you're caught up.

Normally FA's are all about the money and little else but, this Dolphins team is not the norm. The FO and coaches have been ripped by many, and I can see where some may not want to be here, especially on the OL.

We have a new OC, very likely a new OL coach, and the new GM and HC are far from assured from being here next year. This would give me some concerns, which could change my interest. It is possible that the team could change things yet again after this year, and new people may want new schemes and their own players.

This can matter for vet FA's with families, who would prefer some semblance of stability.

Your thoughts?

Some on this site sure hope so

Normally FA's are all about the money and little else but, this Dolphins team is not the norm. The FO and coaches have been ripped by many, and I can see where some may not want to be here, especially on the OL.

We have a new OC, very likely a new OL coach, and the new GM and HC are far from assured from being here next year. This would give me some concerns, which could change my interest. It is possible that the team could change things yet again after this year, and new people may want new schemes and their own players.

This can matter for vet FA's with families, who would prefer some semblance of stability.

Your thoughts?

The FO and coaches getting ripped on has been going on for years so I think this is a non-issue.

As far as some free agents, especially offensive linemen, not wanting to come here. I think the opinions of players who has actually been a part of the organization will have more impact on a player's decision that some doom-and-gloom fan or media member has to say. I also think the hiring of John Benton may help to sway some of those offensive linemen to come to Miami.

Back
Top Bottom