Could Gesicki Be A Surprise Pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Gesicki Be A Surprise Pick?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Been looking a lot at the tight end position and really impressed with Mike Gesicki of Penn State. No, he's not a good blocker so we'll get that right out of the way. But as a receiver there's a little bit of Gronk in his game.

His testing at the combine was pretty rare for the position with 4.54 speed. He's that seam buster and redzone threat that Miami needs and possesses excellent hands, with the height (6-5) and ability to win those 50/50 balls.

Miami could likely get a tight end in round two, which probably makes more sense. The number 11 pick seems maybe 10 spots too rich. But I still believe there's a team or two that might trade up in that #11 range for a quarterback. New Orleans, San Diego and Arizona could be trade partners.

Interestingly, when New England traded to get that #23 overall pick I instantly thought Gesicki was their target. Definitely an intriguing prospect.

At 11 it wouldn't be a surprise. It be fricking shocking. And at 43 it woulnt be a surprise. It be almost expected.

A better value would be Mark Andrews in the 2nd rd if you're looking for an athletic pass catching TE with size who is a questionable blocker. We should have signed Troy Niklas in FA. The Patriots did, of course.

A better value would be Mark Andrews in the 2nd rd if you're looking for an athletic pass catching TE with size who is a questionable blocker. We should have signed Troy Niklas in FA. The Patriots did, of course.

Yeah, I agree on Andrews in the second. I was really thinking Gesicki in a trade down option more than at #11.

I still think there's a good possibility that either linebacker Smith or Edmunds falls to 11, more likely Smith. A Smith/Andrews 1-2 would be nice.

Trade down twice and take him at 29 and grap two second roubd picks and I’m a happy guy.

Trade down twice and take him at 29 and grap two second roubd picks and I’m a happy guy.

Bypass top talent that is almost certainly falling to 11 because of a run on QBs for a one dimensional TE and whatever other mediocrity we're most likely going to land in the second? No thanks.

Bypass top talent that is almost certainly falling to 11 because of a run on QBs for a one dimensional TE and whatever other mediocrity we're most likely going to land in the second? No thanks.

Top talent ? Prove it. If I can get GeSeki, Mo Hurst, and Reid In a trade down that trumps ANYONE you can get at 11.

Top talent ? Prove it. If I can get GeSeki, Mo Hurst, and Reid In a trade down that trumps ANYONE you can get at 11.

One dimensional TE, small DT, and a safety likely going in the 1st, but maybe we'll get lucky and he'll be available at our spot in the second.

I'll take Edmunds, Smith, James, Chubb (long shot, but with the QB run, who knows), Payne, Vea, Fitzpatrick, or even Mayfield over all three of them combined, especially when you still grab one of those options with our second. Not even a difficult decision.

Edmunds and Reid? Yes, please. We actually have a legitimate shot at that or something similar. I'm not passing that up just so I can see the Dolphins name pop up more often while watching the draft.

I doubt there's a tight end picked before New Orleans is on the board. Wouldn't be surprised if none of them go off the board in the first round. We should be in prime position for Goedert or Gesicki at 42. I do agree that if we go Edmunds/Smith in round one, then Reid would be too enticing to pass on at 42. In that sense, I'd look Hurst, Andrews, Thomas, Smythe in the third.

One dimensional TE, small DT, and a safety likely going in the 1st, but maybe we'll get lucky and he'll be available at our spot in the second.

I'll take Edmunds, Smith, James, Chubb (long shot, but with the QB run, who knows), Payne, Vea, Fitzpatrick, or even Mayfield over all three of them combined, especially when you still grab one of those options with our second. Not even a difficult decision.

Edmunds and Reid? Yes, please. We actually have a legitimate shot at that or something similar. I'm not passing that up just so I can see the Dolphins name pop up more often while watching the draft.

Small DT. LOL don’t comment on a player you know nothing about.

Small DT. LOL don’t comment on a player you know nothing about.

Oh lord, spare me the tough talk. He lacks the size of both Vea and Payne (who has already shown he can carry more weight if necessary) and worse, lacks their strength. And he has a dodgy heart. That's why both Vea and Payne are better prospects.

Could be a nice scenario. Miami could pick up Ronnie Harrison and Malik Jefferson in round two. Maybe one of the top running backs if one drops.

Oh lord, spare me the tough talk. He lacks the size of both Vea and Payne (who has already shown he can carry more weight if necessary) and worse, lacks their strength. And he has a dodgy heart. That's why both Vea and Payne are better prospects.

It’s not tough talk. You obviously have zero clue what you’re talking about with respect to Mo. LMAO just admit it. He’s been medically cleared.

Back
Top Bottom