Could Lawson Play Safety? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Lawson Play Safety?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I know it sounds ridiculous, but I was talking to a friend the other day and he said that Lawson could be a great safety. I had never really considered that, especially since his best talent is rushing the qb and you don't see too many 6-4 safeties. Then again Michael Boulware is a player who has similar skills, was switched from linebacker to safety, and has done well. Perhaps, Miami could draft Lawson and move him around and still give him opportunities to rush the passer. Just a thought as strange as it may sound.

I think he would be much more effective as a LB than a Safety.

Philter25 said:
WTF....... is your friend Fishypete? :sidelol: :lol: :sidelol:

:lol:

he doesn't have the quickness or agility to play anywhere near the safety spot... dont confuse straight line speed with the kinda speed and change of direction ability you need as a secondary guy...

SF Dolphin Fan said:
I know it sounds ridiculous, but I was talking to a friend the other day and he said that Lawson could be a great safety. I had never really considered that, especially since his best talent is rushing the qb and you don't see too many 6-4 safeties. Then again Michael Boulware is a player who has similar skills, was switched from linebacker to safety, and has done well. Perhaps, Miami could draft Lawson and move him around and still give him opportunities to rush the passer. Just a thought as strange as it may sound.

Dude, don't listen to your friend:shakeno:

There's a BIG difference between a tweener LB/S (like Boulware), and a tweener LB/DE (like Lawson).

Asking Lawson to play S is almost like asking a DE to play S.

Laughable....

SF Dolphin Fan said:
I know Manny is fast and mobile but I don't think you will see any 247 pounder playing safety for us anytime soon. If your friend is looking for a big safety, try Jon Alston who is just as fast and about 20 pounds lighter.

arsenal said:
:lol:

he doesn't have the quickness or agility to play anywhere near the safety spot... dont confuse straight line speed with the kinda speed and change of direction ability you need as a secondary guy...

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought too. But just wanted to throw it out there.

I don't know about safety, but I heard he could play QB :cooldude:

wow....lets see if he can move to OLB before we talk about moving him to safety.

Back
Top Bottom