Could Lawson Play Safety? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Lawson Play Safety?

SF Dolphin Fan said:
I know it sounds ridiculous, but I was talking to a friend the other day and he said that Lawson could be a great safety. I had never really considered that, especially since his best talent is rushing the qb and you don't see too many 6-4 safeties. Then again Michael Boulware is a player who has similar skills, was switched from linebacker to safety, and has done well. Perhaps, Miami could draft Lawson and move him around and still give him opportunities to rush the passer. Just a thought as strange as it may sound.

:lol: I can't believe this

I see him getting used alot like adalius thomas with the ravens, he'll play snaps as a down lineman, linebacker and on rare occasions at safety (although clearly in a pass rush/run support role instead of deep coverage)

@@@@@ said:
I see him getting used alot like adalius thomas with the ravens, he'll play snaps as a down lineman, linebacker and on rare occasions at safety (although clearly in a pass rush/run support role instead of deep coverage)

Yeah, that I could see. I just didn't know if he compared closely to Boulware or not. I think Boulware's main strengths were in pass coverage, while Lawson seems to be best moving forward and rushing the passer.

Mile High Fin said:
There's a BIG difference between a tweener LB/S (like Boulware), and a tweener LB/DE (like Lawson).

Asking Lawson to play S is almost like asking a DE to play S.

Laughable....

It essentially is equivalent to asking a young Jason Taylor to switch to Safety.

So essentially, if your friend and Fishypete coached in the Dolphins, we would be lining Zach Thomas and Manny Lawson up at safeties next year.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
I know it sounds ridiculous, but I was talking to a friend the other day and he said that Lawson could be a great safety. I had never really considered that, especially since his best talent is rushing the qb and you don't see too many 6-4 safeties. Then again Michael Boulware is a player who has similar skills, was switched from linebacker to safety, and has done well. Perhaps, Miami could draft Lawson and move him around and still give him opportunities to rush the passer. Just a thought as strange as it may sound.

Actually Michael Boulware played WR, LB, S and KR among other positions.

http://http://seminoles.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/boulware_michael00.html

Back
Top Bottom