Could Ryan Tannehill be headed down same road as Alex Smith? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Ryan Tannehill be headed down same road as Alex Smith?

It would be insurance for 2018 if you draft a qb at 11 replacement for 2019

Which again with them all in on tannehill in 2018 isn’t gonna happen

But those qbs aren’t gonna be there anyways. It’s fun to talk about but it’s pointless

If allen gets to 4 that’s where Cleveland’s gonna have a ton of leverage

Jets miss out on cousins they better not sit at 6 if they want one of those top 3

I'm not going to tell you different, because when it comes to draft evaluations, I can't tell you for a minute which players teams are going to draft at any given pick.

But I wouldn't be surprised if one of those guys fell out of the top ten. Darnold, people have concerns that he has a lot in his game that has to be cleaned up, right? Same with Allen, plus the small school concerns. And then with Josh Rosen, I don't know what on the field concern there is, but I was talking to Truth and Silver about this a couple of weeks ago, and it seems he's a total party animal. That's got to concern some teams looking to invest in him at that position.

I like Rosen a lot, but some of the things I have heard now make me think that maybe Miami isn't the best fit for him if he falls. He could wind up as the next Jose Fernandez... I'd rather gamble on Allen or Darnold if we're in that spot.

I guess you can hold out on that partying thing it’s about the only chance you got seeing rosen at 11

There’s way too much qb need and teams don’t want to be picking there again any time soon to pass on these kids not to mention the 2019 class doesn’t look like it has grade worthy options.

Rosen’s placement and accuracy is too good to sit around when he’s the most pro ready qb of the group. I will be surprised if he gets past the giants at two but pick 11 he better be one serious screw up off the field

If you were gonna force me to pick one to be there at 11 I’d pick rosen because I think he’s the most scheme specific west coast and rac option. And that’s more than just saying a guys “pro style”

I really don't understand why everyone gets so up in arms about Miami drafting a qb.

I want an impact player, I dob't care what position he plays at, I don't care what side of the ball he's on. Just give me a guy that improves the team the first day he joins them for OTAs..QB is the spot that changes the team as quick as anyone, if the team feels they have one staring them in the face at 11 then take him, nothing changes the fortune of a football team then getting better qb play. I'm not the biggest fan of these qbs but if Miami wants one and they think they can become a great team with him then take him and don't look back,

I really don't understand why everyone gets so up in arms about Miami drafting a qb.

I want an impact player, I dob't care what position he plays at, I don't care what side of the ball he's on. Just give me a guy that improves the team the first day he joins them for OTAs..QB is the spot that changes the team as quick as anyone, if the team feels they have one staring them in the face at 11 then take him, nothing changes the fortune of a football team then getting better qb play. I'm not the biggest fan of these qbs but if Miami wants one and they think they can become a great team with him then take him and don't look back,
Because when you take a QB, you are passing on someone else. Why wouldn't every team at the top of the draft take a QB? Why not Indy? If there are 4 legit early round 1 QBs in the draft, why don't they go 1,2,3,4? Because not every team at the top of the draft needs a QB. It is as simple as that.

Because when you take a QB, you are passing on someone else. Why wouldn't every team at the top of the draft take a QB? Why not Indy? If there are 4 legit early round 1 QBs in the draft, why don't they go 1,2,3,4? Because not every team at the top of the draft needs a QB. It is as simple as that.

Miami doesn't have a elite stud qb..

They have one that blew his knee out in TC.

I also don't recall Gase saying he came to Miami because of Tannehill. He was hired because he was regarded as a QB guru but when we first hired him during the press conference he never really stated that he came to Miami soley because of Tannehill. In fact his reasoning was kinda lame, if I recall he said something to the affect because he is familiar with the AFC.

Agree to disagree.
GASE TOOK JOB FOR TANNEHILL.jpg

GASE TOOK JOB FOR TANNEHILL CLIPPINGS MULTI.jpg

None of the teams at the of the draft have an elite stud QB.

Well of the top 4 picks, 2 belong to the Browns who could very well take a QB, the Giants are 2nd overall and could take a QB and the Colts are 3rd. Josh McDaniels could very well view Luck as an elite stud QB regardless of what you, me or anyone else thinks. Than you have the Bronco's and Jets who also could very well take a QB. Also every team has their own evaluation of players and where they rank. Which is why players fall every year. There very well may be a team in the top 10 who views Mayfield, or Allen as a 2nd rounder, we don't know and we never will. Who knew Matt Jones, Logan Mankins, Tim Tebow would be 1st rd picks. Joe Flacco was projected as a 2nd or 3rd rounder by most mocks and went in the 1st. It's not about how we view or value players its about how the people in charge do.

I honestly think tannehill is much more physically talented than Alex Smith. Smith is "pretty good" at most things QB's need to be good at, but hes not great at any one thing. He had multiple seasons in a row where he couldnt complete any passes over 20 yards and couldnt throw touchdowns to wideouts at all. He only has looked good when he got insane amounts of talent around him.

Sure would help out our argument as fin fans if tannehill would just lead us to a 13-3 season and to the afc championship with like 40 tds though.

Because this is a website that talks about Dolphins content, and the article is Dolphins content. If you don't like the thread then don't participate.
I get what you're saying, but not all content is thread worthy.... I mean this one adds what to the table? New ideas, info, insight? Not IMO, this right here is the equivalent of copy pasting a Tannchise post and snap posting a thread with it...

Is that really any different than those who are part of the other group who spends an inordinate about of time poring through and selecting very specific data to try and make Tannehill seem superior to other QB's?

Where there is ying there must be a yang to bring balance to the force. Pretty sure i've read about 8 times in the last 30 days now how Tannehill is the 3rd most accurate QB with a clean pocket or something like that.
He was “dropping dimes” last season before he got hurt though.

Is that really any different than those who are part of the other group who spends an inordinate about of time poring through and selecting very specific data to try and make Tannehill seem superior to other QB's?

Where there is ying there must be a yang to bring balance to the force. Pretty sure i've read about 8 times in the last 30 days now how Tannehill is the 3rd most accurate QB with a clean pocket or something like that.

B the yang for Tom Brady. That’s our real f****** problem, not Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom