Could Ryan Tannehill be headed down same road as Alex Smith? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Ryan Tannehill be headed down same road as Alex Smith?

B the yang for Tom Brady. That’s our real f****** problem, not Tannehill.

Tom Brady is not the reason our oline sucks or the reason we've drafted horribly for a really long time or keep hiring bad GM's and coaches, or the reason we signed Jay Cutler last year, and have handed out bad contracts to bad players.

you sound right but we are not in afc south

Doesn't remove the fact that much of Miami's demise the last 20 years has been New England. When you're in the same division as the most prolific franchise in NFL history, you're not going to win many division titles.

Likewise from '12-'16, Andrew Luck, everyone's darling is 3-7 vs the AFC East

I don't see how thats a like wise, i was stating the dolphins record vs the south since 02 to show how we wouldn't have a handful of division titles if we were placed in the south

Last edited:
Smith needs to kiss Andy Reid's feet everytime he sees him. Reid made Smith and he's going to get exposed out in Washington.
Agree. I think Smith is “just good enough to get you beat” as Bill Walsh once said of Steve DeBerg.

I am a RT supporter. And I think the article is lousy. However, as much as it was negative toward him, I thought the author was generous to say RT led us to a playoff birth in 2016. Yes he was playing really well in the win streak but Matt Moore played better coming in and winning the Cardinals game and then beating the Jets and Bills. His QBR was better, TDs to INTs was better etc. Not certain we make the playoffs if Ryan didn’t get hurt. I want Ryan to succeed here. I hope he picks up his play where he left off. However, we can’t ignore the fact he’s getting older and really doesn’t have much more than “decent” to show for.

I am a RT supporter. And I think the article is lousy. However, as much as it was negative toward him, I thought the author was generous to say RT led us to a playoff birth in 2016. Yes he was playing really well in the win streak but Matt Moore played better coming in and winning the Cardinals game and then beating the Jets and Bills. His QBR was better, TDs to INTs was better etc. Not certain we make the playoffs if Ryan didn’t get hurt. I want Ryan to succeed here. I hope he picks up his play where he left off. However, we can’t ignore the fact he’s getting older and really doesn’t have much more than “decent” to show for.

Yep..That's why Moore was lights out this season. Correct? He got us just as far as Ryan did and Cutler came in and cleaned up the rest. Correct?

Please......

Obviously the coaching staff disagrees with you. Not only was Tannehill the starter in 2016, but when Tannehill went down in 2017, they didn't even turn to Moore as the starter. Even when Cutler was terrible, Moore stayed on the bench. Moore did well in 2016 but he is no where near Tannehill according to the Dolphins coaching staff who are closest to the situation.

Please......

Obviously the coaching staff disagrees with you. Not only was Tannehill the starter in 2016, but when Tannehill went down in 2017, they didn't even turn to Moore as the starter. Even when Cutler was terrible, Moore stayed on the bench. Moore did well in 2016 but he is no where near Tannehill according to the Dolphins coaching staff who are closest to the situation.
Just stating the facts of what happened.

Yep..That's why Moore was lights out this season. Correct? He got us just as far as Ryan did and Cutler came in and cleaned up the rest. Correct?
Missed my point. We only know what DID happen last year, not what might have happened.

Just stating the facts of what happened.

I thought the author was generous to say RT led us to a playoff birth in 2016. - opinion, not fact
Matt Moore played better - opinion, not fact
winning the Cardinals game - credits the QB (who completed 3 whole passes) for the win - opinion, not fact
Not certain we make the playoffs if Ryan didn’t get hurt - opinion, not fact
really doesn’t have much more than “decent” to show for - opinion, not fact

You are entitled to your opinions. Not trying to change them. You are not entitled to refer to them as facts. I understand that you listed some facts, but the main points to your post were opinions (that are obviously not shared by the coaching staff).

Last edited:
Missed my point. We only know what DID happen last year, not what might have happened.

No! It’s called a bad premise to begin with. Moore was looked at in TC when Tannehill went down and the HC decided on a retired vet for the position(should have been the obvious first clue). Then said VET got hurt and it was Moore’s time to shine. Which mean teams could actually focus on “Moore Game planning” and very quickly he got exposed. The guy looked completely out of his elements even with a scaled down offense.

Don’t ever compare the two!

Back
Top Bottom