Could the starting linebackers be worse than the backups? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could the starting linebackers be worse than the backups?

I think you start the veterans at the beginning of the season, and if we (god forbid) start off something like 1-6, throw the kids in there. We have a new LB coach, one that is considered very good and has many years' experience, so I'm not bailing on them yet. If they're still as bad come game 1, Gronk will make the pro-bowl off 1 game.

like the current evaluator had anything to do with wheeler....its so annoying how so many people jump the gun after one series of the first preseason game of the year, there was nothing wrong except missed tackles,
they had live tackling for the 2nd time this camp (if you count the scrimmage)

Its not like they have never tackled anyone before. Wheelers been around a few years. He is what he is, there is no upside. If you just want someone to rush the QB from an OLB postion, then he can do that. Hes not someone that anyone should count on to cover a TE downfield and he may drag tackle a RB 5 yards down field, but thats about it.

No the backups are not better yet, but the starters are bad.

For right now ... the real question is which group will play better with more experience. Our starting three aren't improving.

I doubt th ebackups are better but the starters should be backups

Thanks a lot Ireland! Solid use of cap space and draft picks!

Yes. They are...flat out. The problem is contracts and egos. It will be hard for the team to admit they screwed up and will be hard to sit/cut the starters...

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

For right now ... the real question is which group will play better with more experience. Our starting three aren't improving.

Exactly. Give Tripp and McCain some starting time, and the will replace Wheeler and Ellerbe quick enough. Both show better instincts....

Not if you go by this tweet by Adam Beasley at today's practice.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 21m
Meanwhile, we're seeing why Ellerbe/Misi/Wheeler haven't been pushed. Dolphins backup LBs would have trouble covering a book.

Not if you go by this tweet by Adam Beasley at today's practice.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 21m
Meanwhile, we're seeing why Ellerbe/Misi/Wheeler haven't been pushed. Dolphins backup LBs would have trouble covering a book.

we have one starting linebacker on our entire roster and he is playing in a spot that is ill suited for him that he has never played at this level

I saw that but I think Beasley is overreacting a bit. Hoops said in his assessment that Jenkins covered very well

I saw that but I think Beasley is overreacting a bit. Hoops said in his assessment that Jenkins covered very well

Beasley's tweet was from today's practice, not the game on Friday night.

Beasley's tweet was from today's practice, not the game on Friday night.

I understand, my point is I think it was one bad practice nothing to overreact about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but our backups (jenkins in particular) have been covering well most of camp

Face it, we are screwed at LB regardless of who we put there. Sadly for us, the AFC East features a lot of players that will expose our LB's inability to cover...and tackle. Our secondary might also be screwed. Grimes is the only player we are sure about..everyone else is competing for their spot. Our defensive line is absolutely disgusting, but if the QB is finding guys open instantly, they are not very useful.

Back
Top Bottom