Could we be looking at this wrong? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could we be looking at this wrong?

You should have your answer after the draft

I heard someone say that Miami might be approaching things differently than most think. Instead of the Dolphins trying to replace Christian Wilkins they may be saying that Sieler is Wilkins replacement and they are trying to find pieces to add to the front to do what Sieler did. Could that be the case? I think they are approaching it that way because Sieler has played well. I was just wondering if you guys agreed with this or if it makes sense at all.
I think it’s a matter of how the new DC wants his guys to line up and how that changes the priorities along the front 7. Obviously I don’t know what Weaver is going to do, but assuming he sticks with the Baltimore philosophy and we run more 3-man fronts, Wilkins would have been a phenomenal DE here but in terms of interior DL we could be better off having a couple of true NT’s to rotate as the big anchor in the middle.

I heard someone say that Miami might be approaching things differently than most think. Instead of the Dolphins trying to replace Christian Wilkins they may be saying that Sieler is Wilkins replacement and they are trying to find pieces to add to the front to do what Sieler did. Could that be the case? I think they are approaching it that way because Sieler has played well. I was just wondering if you guys agreed with this or if it makes sense at all.
Problem is Seiler is going to get double teamed all of the time. They have no one else at this point that is any good.

I think Sieler has outplayed Wilkins for the last couple years.
I agree. A guy I know owns a deli and he's a huge Raiders fan. I stopped in to see him a day or two after Christian signed with the Raiders. He was all excited to sign Christian and he asked me what I thought of Christian. I said that the always struck me as being a front-runner kind of player. When the Dolphins are playing weaker teams, he's all over the place, laughing and joking, snatching other player's towels. But when the Bills are pasting the defense to the tune of 48 points, I don't see any dancing or celebrating. All I see is a defense getting outplayed over and over again...a defense that he was a vital piece of. I told the guy that it always seemed to me that the bigger the game, the smaller Christian played (to be fair, you can say for the rest of the team, too). He's good, but not $28M per year good.

Back
Top Bottom