Countdown until Ryan gets fired or resigns | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Countdown until Ryan gets fired or resigns

Personally, I don't believe he's an effective HC for a host of performance, personnel judgement, on field, clubhouse and off field reasons already reiterated ad nauseum. Since game 14 in '11, he's been in a downward cycle, and would organically fail on his own.. However, given that, I think the GM, who's either a Machiavellian genius manipulating the cap, draft, and players with the intent to deprive any HC the tools to succeed - or just a "what you see is what you get" il-equipt front office guy who makes Ireland look good, has done the formerly bloated coach a real disservice by pushing him towards the abyss rather than letting him stumble into it.. Rex is getting a raw deal and it's to his credit he's not gone off on Itzdick, at least yet. Well, maybe he is through back channels as the talking heads are starting to excoriate him and make Rex into the victim. If that's the case, more power to the foot perv.

This post from one of the JetNation realists IMO sums up the state of the gang green union pretty damn succinctly:

Fact. Any NFL lifer who talks to Richie Rich wants nothing to do with him if there are other options. Which is how you get a loudmouth DC who knows nothing about offense as your HC and a bean counter who knows nothing about talent evaluation as your GM.

there is a better chance he is our coach next year than him not being our HC, there is no chance he is fired during the season barring an embarrassing off field incident(which is possible).

he will rally this team, it won't be a playoff team but they will win a bunch of games and be in great position going into 2015 w/ an amazing amount of cap room. Idzik wasn't building for 2014, he is building for future success. They had enough to compete for a postseason this year and Rex has done his worst job in 6 years w/o a doubt but he's still an excellent coach.

Rex has major flaws as a HC, namely that he simply can't manage one side of the ball and that his teams just commit too many penalties.

That said, it's hard to see how anyone could do better with what he has to work with right now.

Rex has major flaws as a HC, namely that he simply can't manage one side of the ball and that his teams just commit too many penalties.

That said, it's hard to see how anyone could do better with what he has to work with right now.

he is far from perfect, I hate the way they treat TOs. almost every game they blow 1-2 TOs and they are playing close games every week and need them.

offensively we used to be good enough to win w/ and I don't think we are far off now.

as far as penalties, he's an aggressive coach. we'll have penalties. didn't Sea lead the league last year and Bal the year before? That comes w/ aggressive play.

this will be Ryan's last year in NY book it. The team is not good and the coach is not really that good.

this will be Ryan's last year in NY book it. The team is not good and the coach is not really that good.

Everyone seems to think he will be gone, I am not so sure and this season the team and the coach are not good but Rex is a damn good coach overall.

Everyone seems to think he will be gone, I am not so sure and this season the team and the coach are not good but Rex is a damn good coach overall.

Defensively maybe but not overall. He did a good job when he first got there but its time for change

Defensively maybe but not overall. He did a good job when he first got there but its time for change

his 2 best coaching jobs were 2012 and 2013. he just hasn't had the talent to win since 2011. I thought he had enough this year and I think he's done his worst job this year but I wouldn't get rid of him over it.

I certainly hope he is gone. He does get the most out of what he has in terms of talent and Idzik definitely set him up for failure this season. With a strong OC and good QB play he would make any team relevant.

I just hope he has a quality melt down during a presser...we deserve it. I know everyone here wants to see it:chuckle:

The dumpster fire is lit :lol:

Rex to Miami and then Super Bowl in 2015 tbh.

it's not that far fetched. if Rex was fired I can see Miami hiring him after they fire Philbin and I can see Rex bringing in Mark. It would be my worst football nightmare.

it's not that far fetched. if Rex was fired I can see Miami hiring him after they fire Philbin and I can see Rex bringing in Mark. It would be my worst football nightmare.

Bring in Mark for what? To hold the clipboard for Tanne?

Back
Top Bottom