Cowboys really want Rivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys really want Rivers

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
This is the second source(the other is TFY) that I've read today that the Cowboys really want Rivers but they realize he isn't a first round talent. You can have him Dallas.

Dallas has an interest as well but they remain the dark horse. I think Dallas likes Philip Rivers but would rather take him in round 2 to do so. Dallas would probably have to make a deal for that to happen. Everyone seems to have Dallas pegged for a running back in round 1. They have been busy looking at defensive lineman.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/draftnotes.htm

Originally posted by SMadison29
This is the second source(the other is TFY) that I've read today that the Cowboys really want Rivers but they realize he isn't a first round talent. You can have him Dallas.

Dallas has an interest as well but they remain the dark horse. I think Dallas likes Philip Rivers but would rather take him in round 2 to do so. Dallas would probably have to make a deal for that to happen. Everyone seems to have Dallas pegged for a running back in round 1. They have been busy looking at defensive lineman.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/draftnotes.htm

NO THEY CAN'T dammit......he wants to be a DOLPHIN!

Far be it for us to ruin such a nice young man's dreams :).

keep on mind that half the QB's taken in the first round are busts.Not saying he will be but nothing's for sure.

Ozzy rules!!

Rivers aint crazy he knows that the dolphins have some interest in him. Which means that he is probably interested in the dolphins. Play the same position for the dolphins that his favorite player played for in Dan Marino.

Fans say he will be ready in 2 season shoot he will be ready in year or LESS.

Originally posted by Noland
Rivers aint crazy he knows that the dolphins have some interest in him. Which means that he is probably interested in the dolphins. Play the same position for the dolphins that his favorite player played for in Dan Marino.

Fans say he will be ready in 2 season shoot he will be ready in year or LESS.

I tend to think he'd be ready by mid-season too.

i don't know. i am assuming we are getting a quarterback with our first pick, although i've heard some sports sources say we will get a veteran QB, dump brian and jay, and develop sage under said veteran QB. i hope we take a fresh quarterback at our number one pick, and rivers looks good. our number one IS still ahead of dallas' number two, right?

so whats the worry? ;)

I tend to think the Dolphins will not take Rivers at pick 20. If they take him, they will trade down into the early second round to do it. And it will probably blow up in their faces, like most of their draft-day trades.

It is true for players like Weinke Palmer. This guy is mature kind of like David Carr. Carr is mature an he got the starting job right off the bat it may have been a expansion team but they could have started someone else but they did'nt an he did decent on a bad team. Rivers and Carr have alot in common mature and married with children does that tell you any thing. Carr may can throw deep and a better delievery but River is just as good if not better all around passer.

I don't where you guys are getting your sources but we are not taking a QB for our 20th pick

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I dont think Rivers is worth the 20th pick in the draft sorry.
You would know more about his value than me since I don't follow college, but if they really want Rivers, they don't have a choice IMHO. They won't pick again until the 3rd round, and he'll be gone by then.

Originally posted by Dolfan954
You would know more about his value than me since I don't follow college, but if they really want Rivers, they don't have a choice IMHO. They won't pick again until the 3rd round, and he'll be gone by then.

Exactly.. Hell.. Miami chose Eddie Moore because they felt he wouldn't be there in the 3rd round and was a big time reach.. If Marino and Spielman like Rivers that much to use a #20 on him?? I would have no problem at all with it

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
I don't where you guys are getting your sources but we are not taking a QB for our 20th pick

I don't know where you are getting your sources from, but you have no clue on whether or not we are taking a QB for our 20th pick.

Originally posted by chambers84

I don't know where you are getting your sources from, but you have no clue on whether or not we are taking a QB for our 20th pick.

youre right you don't know and I do have a clue and we are not taking a QB for our first pick if we get two first round picks then we will be getting a QB in the first round :o

I hope we get Rivers though. If Dan & the staff like him, why not take him with our 1st round pick? Unless we have a sure backup plan of making Sage the eventual starter, I don't see why not, who cares what Rivers is supposedly worth a 1st round pick or not.

Back
Top Bottom