Cowboys really want Rivers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys really want Rivers

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
I don't where you guys are getting your sources but we are not taking a QB for our 20th pick

youre right you don't know and I do have a clue and we are not taking a QB for our first pick if we get two first round picks then we will be getting a QB in the first round

Oh Ok, and you KNOW this because Rick Spielman told you? No wait, Dan Marino told you right?;)

:eat: Please enlighten us. I'm not saying you're wrong just wanna know how you KNOW they won't pick a QB in the 1st round. Is it just your opinion? What (who) is YOUR "source" that makes you so condescending to everyone else who is only guessing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I too am curious how you know this, because i'd be willing to bet the farm that spielman hasnt come close to deciding yet and everything we say/read is just speculation and fan preferences

Originally posted by Rick 1966
I tend to think the Dolphins will not take Rivers at pick 20. If they take him, they will trade down into the early second round to do it. And it will probably blow up in their faces, like most of their draft-day trades.

Like the Surtain trade down..............boy you are negative.....

As long as Rick and Dan have a solid back-up plan to fix the OL this off-season, I have no problem with taking QB P. Rivers at #20.....

If they pull the trigger on Rivers at #20, but then as a result, miss out on one of the top OLman in the draft, I'll be very disappointed....

OL is much more important than QB right now IMO... :D

I've heard rumors that RT T. Wade may be gone, and he's our best player up front right now. If that happens, Rick and Dan are going to have some serious re-building to do up there. Every position on the OL would be in question, and they would most likely have to find 4-5 new starters before the 2004 season starts....

That's not going to be easy. My question is what's the best way to fill those openings??? Through free agency, through the draft, or both???....

PS. The Cowboys don't even need a QB. I can't imagine them even considering Rivers. They need a RB.....desperately!!

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Last edited by a moderator:
If we have two first rounders, and we don't trade up within the top three, then I have no problem with Rivers at 20. Take him with the 20th pick, and an OL with the other first rounder, unless it's real high up there, then I may decided to take a wide out.

Originally posted by Noland
It is true for players like Weinke Palmer. This guy is mature kind of like David Carr. Carr is mature an he got the starting job right off the bat it may have been a expansion team but they could have started someone else but they did'nt an he did decent on a bad team. Rivers and Carr have alot in common mature and married with children does that tell you any thing. Carr may can throw deep and a better delievery but River is just as good if not better all around passer.

Carr also had two knocks on him: sidearmed delivery and inconsistencies with his mechanics, but the texans liked what they saw, and as soon as he get's a little more help, they won't be sorry

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Exactly.. Hell.. Miami chose Eddie Moore because they felt he wouldn't be there in the 3rd round and was a big time reach.. If Marino and Spielman like Rivers that much to use a #20 on him?? I would have no problem at all with it

Not exactly a SHINING example to go by.

Originally posted by SMadison29
This is the second source(the other is TFY) that I've read today that the Cowboys really want Rivers but they realize he isn't a first round talent. You can have him Dallas.

Dallas has an interest as well but they remain the dark horse. I think Dallas likes Philip Rivers but would rather take him in round 2 to do so. Dallas would probably have to make a deal for that to happen. Everyone seems to have Dallas pegged for a running back in round 1. They have been busy looking at defensive lineman.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/draftnotes.htm

thats funny, i thought they wanted brunell:lol:

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
I too am curious how you know this, because i'd be willing to bet the farm that spielman hasnt come close to deciding yet and everything we say/read is just speculation and fan preferences

yeah you wont know anything until 2 things happen IMO. Ogun gets tendered and whatever happens to fiedler. JF is key becuase his money takes a hit on the cap and what direction the QB thang will go. If jay stays, we draft QB. If he goes, we get a vet. and dont be surprised if its not Brunell. i would be perfectly happy with mcmahon from detroit.

Originally posted by Noland
Rivers aint crazy he knows that the dolphins have some interest in him. Which means that he is probably interested in the dolphins. Play the same position for the dolphins that his favorite player played for in Dan Marino.

Fans say he will be ready in 2 season shoot he will be ready in year or LESS.

I Agree he'll be ready in less than a year!!

I Agree he'll be ready in less than a year!!

If we use our 1st pick we won't have no choice but get him in there after a year..Number 1 picks are usually impact players who play within 2 years of drafting or their considered bursts.

Back
Top Bottom