Cowherd Podcast Riddick defends Tua | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowherd Podcast Riddick defends Tua

I'd love to find out 2 things about the media and its unfavorable opinions of Tua. Especially after they were loving him at Alabama. 1) Why are they bashing him as a pro? What's changed since his college days? 2) Why are they pushing this bullshit trade scenario? I'd love to know how much of this is being driven by them or others from the league?
I have a feeling a lot of that narrative was pushed by Texans officials to leak to media as they want that attention. They see the mess with Watson but hope they can get a huge load of picks. I think it's because of Herbert. Herbert is a very good qb, but don't get why Tua has to be slammed because of that. People learn at different paces plus circumstances can make learning curves be quicker than others. I look at the final product not how fast someone develops. The big picture is how good someone ultimately becomes. It doesn't happen often, but maybe can't go wrong with any of these 3 qbs. It's so early, but what if, this 2020 qb class ends up being similar to 2004 class? Where Eli, Ben and Phillip all were franchise qbs and it was a matter of what qb fit the team they were on best. We'll see, but I'm over this comparison, it's over, it happened. Miami picked Tua over herbert, can't chage the past, stop dwelling on it. Let's build around tua and big winners and try to make best of it. Which tua might be that guy for us.

Peyton Manning was not ready from day 1 he threw a lot of Ints his first year. By today’s standards fans would of wanted him replaced after his rookie year 🤷🏻‍♂️
Manning threw a lot of INT's up until his 5th year in the NFL. Year 4 he threw 23 INT's and year 5 he threw 19 INT's. He would get crucified today for doing that.

Gentlemen do not make this personal or I will start deleting posts

Peyton Manning was not ready from day 1 he threw a lot of Ints his first year. By today’s standards fans would of wanted him replaced after his rookie year 🤷🏻‍♂️
Lol. I was thinking the same. I recall a 41-6 Miami blowout win on MNF almost 20 years ago to the day. Manning threw 3 picks, Jay Fielder 3 TD passes. Brees played five years in San Diego no one seems to remember as he’s viewed as a career Saint. It goes on and on…

Fans called for Flores, Grier, Tua and Ross to be replaced because the rebuild hit a snag, and this was after winning 10 games last season, something we had no business doing, we just have to be patient and let the process play out.
I wanted (and still want) Grier and Flores to be fired because they CAUSED the snag that derailed this season. After exceeding expectations last season, everyone could see that the defense was on the right path, but the offense needed upgrading in the running game and the o-line. Grier and Flores pretty much ignored the RB position during the off-season and made the dumb decision to start four rookies and 2nd year players with little to no experience along with an incompetent veteran on the o-line under the tutelage of an inexperienced o-line coach. This is asking for trouble, but what made this even worse was the fact that they refused to make sure that they had several capable veteran o-linemen on the roster in case the young guys struggled. Basically, these failures to improve the o-line and running game (which should've been their top priority) are why they had a 7 game losing streak.

To those who say that they tried to fix the offense so they should get another chance, I say they should still be fired. Why? They made NO attempt to get a good RB#1, even though they had a ton of draft picks to use. And they bet the entire season (and Tua's health) on an unproven o-line with NO competent back-ups or coaching. If they had built just an average o-line it would be a 100% improvement, but they couldn't even do that.

Lol. I was thinking the same. I recall a 41-6 Miami blowout win on MNF almost 20 years ago to the day. Manning threw 3 picks, Jay Fielder 3 TD passes. Brees played five years in San Diego no one seems to remember as he’s viewed as a career Saint. It goes on and on…
Yea today's fan wants instant winning results.

Zero patience.

This is a good thing in general... But when you change your mind on a weekly basis, then you just start to look like a ferret on crack...

Maybe, but look at the career he’s made out of it. $$$$$$$$$

Interesting that they talked about wow plays. Everybody loves those, but that's not the only measure of a quarterback.

Got to make the right pre-reads, be consistent, accurate, make good decisions etc.

To me, it's now about adding talent around Tua.

IMO they are asking Tua to do a lot. He's carrying the offense. He has to be both the passing game and an extension of the run game. He has to compensate for the OL blocking deficiencies by getting the ball out quick and/or running around. He has to be hyper-accurate to compensate for a receiving core that leads the NFL in drops. He has to run PRO offense (instead of an RPO offense) b/c the RBs struggle to get over 3.0 ypc on any given game.
I would add it's up to him to score tds in the red zone because no short yardage run game, with the field compressed. Esp with DVP out it was insane watching him work his magic with such limited weapons, astonishing anticipation and ball placement.

Back
Top Bottom