Crazy Concept - Wilkins For A Pick That Gets Robinson? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Concept - Wilkins For A Pick That Gets Robinson?

And CW is nowhere near Aaron Donald's level. No one is but neither is CW. 49ers are not a good team in my opinion. They had a good year last year but very similar to us but with a good oline.

Rams had to give away their players because of a fire sale for overspending. Is that what you guys want? To sign CW and have to cut him or trade him in few years. Signing CW to 20 mil per year is a huge mistake

And CW is nowhere near Aaron Donald's level. No one is but neither is CW. 49ers are not a good team in my opinion. They had a good year last year but very similar to us but with a good oline.

Rams had to give away their players because of a fire sale for overspending. Is that what you guys want? To sign CW and have to cut him or trade him in few years. Signing CW to 20 mil per year is a huge mistake
The comparison to Aaron Donald was more speaking to the market-comparison, not player. CW is definitely not AD. But he is a top 7 overall DT, and the average pay is in the $17MM-$22MM range.

The 49ers have been to the NFC Championship game 3 of the last 4 years, advancing to the Super Bowl once. By those results, they’ve been pretty good.

Per my previous response, the Rams, too, with 2 SB in last four years have found success.

The point is that if Miami does choose to resign Wilkins to a market-rate DT deal it doesn’t mean they’ve: (a.) doomed the franchise, and/or (b.) grossly overpaid.

It’s cool if we disagree.

Last edited:
I think the Rams set their franchise back years for one Superbowl. I dont want to win that way. I would rather make the playoffs consistently and take my chances that way like the Miami Heat do.
They went to multiple championship games, two SuperBowl, and won one. Meanwhile, we haven’t won a playoff game in 20+ years.

You’d be alone to trade off our past or current arch for the 4-5 year stretch they just finished.

This conversation digressed - we were already on the same page about CW, just your comparison using the Rams was not a good one.

The comparison to Aaron Donald was more speaking to the market-comparison, not player. CW is definitely not AD. But he is a top 7 overall DT, and the average pay is in the $17MM-$22MM range.

The 49ers have been to the NFC Championship game 3 of the last 4 years, advancing to the Super Bowl once. By those results, they’ve been pretty good.

Per my previous response, the Rams, too, with 2 SB in last four years have found success.

The point is that if Miami does choose to resign Wilkins to a market-rate DT deal it doesn’t mean they’ve: (a.) doomed the franchise, and/or (b.) grossly overpaid.

It’s cool if we disagree.

Obviously but one of us is wrong. I am just trying to dissect things as much as possible tonmake sure it is not me. I thing we will resign him to the range you said, but I think his production will not be worth paying him si much. I hope we let him walk. Everything else you said was on the money though, which makes me worry about my point. I appreciate your insight even if we disagree.

They went to multiple championship games, two SuperBowl, and won one. Meanwhile, we haven’t won a playoff game in 20+ years.

You’d be alone to trade off our past or current arch for the 4-5 year stretch they just finished.

This conversation digressed - we were already on the same page about CW, just your comparison using the Rams was not a good one.

I never said change our past for their recent success. I dont want our future, to be like the current Rams. I wouldnt trade winning 1 superbowl for then having to gut the team. That is not smart way to move forward and that doesnt guarantee a superbowl. I think the Rams are now a laughingstock for it and they will play meaningless games for it. I dont want that for my team. Even for 1 superbowl and I dont mind if you disagree.

I never said change out past for their recent success. I dont want our future, to be like the current Rams. I wouldnt trade winning 1 superbowl for then having to gut the team. That is not smart way to move forward and that doesnt guarantee a superbowl. I think the Rams are now a laughingstock for it and they will play meaningless games for it. I dont want that for my team. Even for 1 superbowl and I dont mind if you disagree.
Now we're just speaking in a circle. Anyone would trade 1-2 years of mediocrity for 2 Super Bowl appearances and 1 win. Literally every single poster on this forum other than you, I would guess. Yeah, of course you rather be Miami this season than LA, but you rather have a Super Bowl too.

Now we're just speaking in a circle. Anyone would trade 1-2 years of mediocrity for 2 Super Bowl appearances and 1 win. Literally every single poster on this forum other than you, I would guess. Yeah, of course you rather be Miami this season than LA, but you rather have a Super Bowl too.

But not for 4 years of rebuilding and CW wont do that for us. Speak for yourself. I woukd rather be a good team and go deep in the playoffs more consistently than just 1 superbowl.

Back
Top Bottom