Crazy Concept - Wilkins For A Pick That Gets Robinson? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Concept - Wilkins For A Pick That Gets Robinson?

Do you think his seeming lack of pass rush ability may have had anything to do with the scheme, and what was asked of him within it?

Could we see improvement in that area under Fangio?

I think it's a distinct possibility. He is quick afoot (for an interior Dlineman), strong, and has a nonstop motor. That really only leaves technique a possible issue, and I can't see that either.

Thoughts?
Great point. I obviously can’t answer that completely… moreover, did we suffer from having a weak #2 CB where QBs were able to make their first read and release quickly? Also worth considering.

But with that said, he got 3 of his 3.5 sacks and all but one pass defended after Chubbs came on… which shows that his pass rush was able to improve when there was less attention on him… so that tells me whether the scheme was or wasn’t good enough, I can say that with the right personnel they could get enough pressure.

Overall, very good player and would love to keep… but if there is a 1st round pick on the table for a +++ player who will be on a rookie contract for 4-5 years while foregoing paying ELITE money to a GOOD player… I take it.

I thought Wilkins could be a suprise trade candidate. Not because of talent but likely due to signability and cap restraints in 2024. Miami is appearently $60m plus over the cap. So if Grier somehow gets a #1 and/or more for Wilkins perhaps he considers it? Remember back when Wilkins was drafted, it was Philly who tried to trade for Miami's pick. It wouldn't surprise me one bit, if Philly is offering up its 30th for Wilkins. Something to watch.

Do you think his seeming lack of pass rush ability may have had anything to do with the scheme, and what was asked of him within it?

Could we see improvement in that area under Fangio?

I think it's a distinct possibility. He is quick afoot (for an interior Dlineman), strong, and has a nonstop motor. That really only leaves technique a possible issue, and I can't see that either.

Thoughts?
Christian has too much undiscovered upside to explore.

You raise a good point about whether a new scheme will make a difference. DT Akeim Hicks was a 3 sack a year guy before joining Fangio in Chicago where his sack numbers jumped to 7, 8.5, and 8.

CW has not notched 6+ Sacks/yr in either college or pros. Eyeballing Next Gen Stats for average distance to QB, he is right around the league average of 4.88 yard.

His low missed tackle rate (1%) and incredible # tackles (98) lead all DL (not just DT) the league, but his 3.5 sacks were mid-tier, at best.

I would gamble to take “90-tackle + 8 sack” CW vs. “1,200-yard + 8 TD” Bijian because it‘s easier to find a solid RB than the unicorn DT.

Great point. I obviously can’t answer that completely… moreover, did we suffer from having a weak #2 CB where QBs were able to make their first read and release quickly? Also worth considering.

But with that said, he got 3 of his 3.5 sacks and all but one pass defended after Chubbs came on… which shows that his pass rush was able to improve when there was less attention on him… so that tells me whether the scheme was or wasn’t good enough, I can say that with the right personnel they could get enough pressure.

Overall, very good player and would love to keep… but if there is a 1st round pick on the table for a +++ player who will be on a rookie contract for 4-5 years while foregoing paying ELITE money to a GOOD player… I take it.
Yep. Hard to rack up sacks if teams are free to have their Center block down to dbl team CW, without a second thought.

Hard to see where they get that 60 mil from considering they borrowed from every high-priced player on the team already this year.
Looking at overthecap were 14.7 over

Hard to see where they get that 60 mil from considering they borrowed from every high-priced player on the team already this year.
Looking at overthecap were 14.7 over
Actually, top 51 we are 2.8m under.

Not saying I like it, but there are ways to delay the cap hit.

On the original question...

McD has gotten the players to buy-in to his style... he's an affable guy who is smart, a guy they can like and respect. They all seem to love him.

There is a business side to the NFL, but you don't move your team leaders, and maintain camaraderie on any team. So, in my mind, moving Wilkins would be a huge blunder on the team's part. They are establishing a culture of team-first excellence, and moving Wilkins would destroy that-- turning the Miami Dolphins into an old-school, top-down dictatorship.

That can work... if you're older, and if you've delivered championships. We haven't.

Don't do it.

Well. Well find out in a few hours.

If he's still a Phin by Midnight, he ain't getting traded lol.

I'm not sure the value or what not.
But guys Like C. WILSON, Baker maybe utilized to try and trade up from 51.

But hopefully not Wilkins.

Wilkins’ agent, David Mulugheta (Athletes First) represents several other Dolphins players (Ramsay, Long, Holland), so he’s no babe-in-the-woods when it comes to negotiation with Miami. The name of his agency confirms it.

He successfully and covertly brokered the Ramsay trade and resign.

Plus, he represented Deshaun Watson when Miami was sniffing around.

He, of course will drive for the best deal for Christian, but not at the expense of burning a bridge with Miami’s FO.

It is obvious this fanbase didnt learn from the Suh situation a few years back. DT is not a priority position. Running back definitely should be a priority when you see the difference a good RB makes. So is the oline

Wilkins’ agent, David Mulugheta (Athletes First) represents several other Dolphins players (Ramsay, Long, Holland), so he’s no babe-in-the-woods when it comes to negotiation with Miami. The name of his agency confirms it.

He successfully and covertly brokered the Ramsay trade and resign.

Plus, he represented Deshaun Watson when Miami was sniffing around.

He, of course will drive for the best deal for Christian, but not at the expense of burning a bridge with Miami’s FO.

Good point

Back
Top Bottom