Crazy Concept - Wilkins For A Pick That Gets Robinson? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Concept - Wilkins For A Pick That Gets Robinson?

It is obvious this fanbase didnt learn from the Suh situation a few years back. DT is not a priority position. Running back definitely should be a priority when you see the difference a good RB makes. So is the oline
Good point, Benny.

Suh (28) was about Wilkins’ age (27) when he joined the Dolphins who, at the time, signed him to the richest Defender contract in NFL history, 6-years, $114.4MM.

Suh was a polarizing player, who despite registering good stats, could never perform at a level high enough to justify such a large investment. That was more Dolphins’ mistake than Suh.

Today, right or wrong, the highest paid Defender is, still, a DT—Aaron Donald ($31.7MM).

Now, Wilkins won’t sniff that much, but it shows how lucrative the position has become in the last several years.

That said, I’m a fan of CW and would like to see him resigned. I, too, hope more is done to improve the O-line & RB.

Last edited:
Good take Brett. Thanks for sharing. Again, just a thought exercise.
Nope. It’s a new meaning for the term: “Post Partum Depression”

Thanks for your “sacrifice” Fin-Loco! By the way, the Fang wants a word with ya…👻

Santana. Soul Sacrifice. Woodstock🌧

Last edited:
Proven NFL commodity vs. potential, I may be in the minority but I have to stick with Wilkins here
Minority? Maybe in heah, so far…but Minority? Wow. I know we lost our first rounder…but unHoly macaroni!! Oh well, whatever got us threw the day? Step away from the Cliff!! haha

Oh my God, I’m seein’ a furry faced Pied Piper! The horror. Next year it’ll be the “Reek Thread”

Last edited:
Good point, Benny.

Suh (28) was about Wilkins’ age (27) when he joined the Dolphins who, at the time, signed him to the richest Defender contract in NFL history, 6-years, $114.4MM.

Suh was a polarizing player, who despite registering good stats, could never perform at a level high enough to justify such a large investment. That was more Dolphins’ mistake than Suh.

Today, right or wrong, the highest paid Defender is, still, a DT—Aaron Donald ($31.7MM).

Now, Wilkins won’t sniff that much, but it shows how lucrative the position has become in the last several years.

That said, I’m a fan of CW and would like to see him resigned. I, too, hope more is done to improve the O-line & RB.

I love CW but he isnt worth 20 mil per year. No DT is worth that, including Aaron Donald. Only bad teams sign DTs to monster contracts. The Rams are a great example. They are now in cap hell and a joke of a franchise for over spending everywhere.

Christian Wilkins is not a game changer to warrant that money, very few in the NFL are. A rookie DT can come in here for a fraction of the price, and while he may not perform like Wilkins, he will be able to play the position at a decent level.

Last edited:
I love CW but he isnt worth 20 mil per year. No DT is worth that, including Aaron Donald. Only bad teams sign DTs to monster contracts. The Rams are a great example. They are now in cap hell and a joke of a franchise for over spending everywhere.

Christian Wilkins is not a game changer to warrant that money, very few in the NFL are. A rookie DT can come in here for a fraction of the price, and while he may not perform like Wilkins, he will be able to play the position at a decent level.
I agree with everything you said… except the Rams are FAR FROM considered a joke of a franchise. They just won a championship and have to spend a minimum amount of money while also considering that Aaron Donald is considered best at his position and literally leader of the team… things like jersey sales, sponsorship, and ticket sales matter… so for that alone, they had to resign him… you could do worse than overpaying THAT guy.

Everything they did is absolutely worth it and they’re definitely a more “premier” franchise than we are at this point… even if we are trending in different directions THIS year.

Perspective.

J love CW but he isnt worth 20 mil per year. No DT is worth that, including Aaron Donald. Only bad teams sign DTs to monster contracts. The Rams are a great example. They are now in cap hell and a joke of a franchise for over spending everywhere.

Good teams, too, sign DTs to large contracts (see: Chiefs [Jones], 49ers [Hargrave, Armstead]) and can be still considered fiscally-responsible.

The Rams have been to the SB 2x in last 4 years (with the same GM/coach) so not the joke you reference.

Wilkins was the first player Miami drafted with Flores as HC. That's kind of why I put it out there.

Obviously, replacing Wilkins with a rookie DT is a risk, even someone with a high ceiling.
Not sure about the fact that Flores was involved in such a good hire?

It is obvious this fanbase didnt learn from the Suh situation a few years back. DT is not a priority position. Running back definitely should be a priority when you see the difference a good RB makes. So is the oline
Geez any agenda on draft day Swella? haha, ur gonna jinx Griersky!!!

I agree with everything you said… except the Rams are FAR FROM considered a joke of a franchise. They just won a championship and have to spend a minimum amount of money while also considering that Aaron Donald is considered best at his position and literally leader of the team… things like jersey sales, sponsorship, and ticket sales matter… so for that alone, they had to resign him… you could do worse than overpaying THAT guy.

Everything they did is absolutely worth it and they’re definitely a more “premier” franchise than we are at this point… even if we are trending in different directions THIS year.

Perspective.

I think the Rams set their franchise back years for one Superbowl. I dont want to win that way. I would rather make the playoffs consistently and take my chances that way like the Miami Heat do.

Good point, Benny.

Rams don't win that Superbowl without Suh. imho

Back
Top Bottom