Crazy Concept - Wilkins For A Pick That Gets Robinson? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Concept - Wilkins For A Pick That Gets Robinson?

I'm just throwing something whacky against the wall here. I'm not on board with it conceptually but thought it was something everyone would at least like to chuck a thought brick at.

We haven't done the contract for Wilkins yet. We have Wilkins for a year. He's, after Aaron Donald, considered to be one of the very best DT's in the league. He loves the team and fans and we love him. I would truly hate to see him not be a Dolphin.

With that said, a one year rental with the ability to franchise him if the renter cannot immediately work out a contract with him is very valuable.

To me, the only player in round one that is worth trying to get is Bijan Robinson. He is largely regarded as the best RB to enter the draft since CMC.

If we are able to swing a deal that gets us the pick to get Robinson, do we do it? Could Fangio mitigate that whole in the front t of our D enough to make it worth while? Would we add enough firepower to make the Phins offense the deadliest in the league?

Before you answer, take a look at Bijan Robinson and consider him in McD's offense.

Well, they don’t call you loco=crazy for nothing....lol

To all: It’s a trade off if it even happens. I could totally be smoking lunch meat. It just seemed a good topic for conversation besides us all playing the “who do we draft” game for another 36 hours.

Good points. But, can we find a DT later that Fangio makes work?

Probably not later, but Gervon Dexter and Keeanu Benton are projected for second round, and they will work as a replacement for Wilkins. Second round pick does it for me.
And yes, a top ten pick would be just fine as compensation for Wilkins in a trade.

I'm just throwing something whacky against the wall here. I'm not on board with it conceptually but thought it was something everyone would at least like to chuck a thought brick at.

We haven't done the contract for Wilkins yet. We have Wilkins for a year. He's, after Aaron Donald, considered to be one of the very best DT's in the league. He loves the team and fans and we love him. I would truly hate to see him not be a Dolphin.

With that said, a one year rental with the ability to franchise him if the renter cannot immediately work out a contract with him is very valuable.

To me, the only player in round one that is worth trying to get is Bijan Robinson. He is largely regarded as the best RB to enter the draft since CMC.

If we are able to swing a deal that gets us the pick to get Robinson, do we do it? Could Fangio mitigate that whole in the front t of our D enough to make it worth while? Would we add enough firepower to make the Phins offense the deadliest in the league?

Before you answer, take a look at Bijan Robinson and consider him in McD's offense.

To all: It’s a trade off if it even happens. I could totally be smoking lunch meat. It just seemed a good topic for conversation besides us all playing the “who do we draft” game for another 36 hours.

:cool:

Oh My God What GIF by Bridge and Tunnel on EPIX

Accepting the premise that Miami would covet Robinson and move on from Wilkins…which NFL team needs a dominant run-stuffing DT, has the cap space to sign a $18MM/yr contract, and is willing to part with a pick in the 8-20 1st round range?

8) Atlanta Falcons
9) Chicago Bears (from Carolina)
10) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans)
11) Tennessee Titans
12) Houston Texans (from Cleveland)
13) Green Bay Packers (from N.Y. Jets)
14) New England Patriots
15) New York Jets (from Green Bay)
16) Washington Commanders
17) Pittsburgh Steelers
18) Detroit Lions
19) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
20) Seattle Seahawks

Accepting the premise that Miami would covet Robinson and move on from Wilkins…which NFL team needs a dominant run-stuffing DT, has the cap space to sign a $18MM/yr contract, and is willing to part with a pick in the 8-20 1st round range?

8) Atlanta Falcons
9) Chicago Bears (from Carolina)
10) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans)
11) Tennessee Titans
12) Houston Texans (from Cleveland)
13) Green Bay Packers (from N.Y. Jets)
14) New England Patriots
15) New York Jets (from Green Bay)
16) Washington Commanders
17) Pittsburgh Steelers
18) Detroit Lions
19) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
20) Seattle Seahawks
Yep.

I am all for making the tough moves to save salary and gain cheaper assets without losing quality play but these can bite you in the ass, better have a real good replacement plan otherwise it's steps back and we are in win mode.

Nah not worth it, Wilkins is the heart of the defense and can’t wait to see what he does in an actual scheme by one of the best defensive corrdinators in the last 25 years defense

Back
Top Bottom